Optimus_Crime

Option to move/send consumables and currency between your characters

I would post this in the game suggestion section but it barely gets any attention, that being said i'd like to know whether the dev team could make this a thing in the near future since i got so many consumables such as boom boxes/satchel charges that are flooding up my in-game mail now and joker tickets i'd like to move to other characters.
And again i'm asking this to be available only to your account's characters and not someone else's just to clarify.
Honestly i see no drawback to this other than reducing the overall grind, the stuff is yours you should be able to send it throughout your characters.

Edited by K3i
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, K3i said:

I would post this in the game suggestion section but it barely gets any attention

oh yeah don't worry, literally hasn't been enforced at all.

Alternatively, do what the community has requested since consumables were first implemented... and make them an activated mod with a cooldown rather than a stack of items that continues to cause problems for players despite several inventory modifications and space increases for them.

• Like 4

Consumables should be turned into proper character mods. There is no point in having them as consumables as it does not add anything to the game. Turn them into unlimited mods with a cooldown.

Although, I do agree that currency should be transferrable between characters on the same account (APB$ and Joker Tickets).

• Like 3

Just now, Flaws said:

Consumables should be turned into proper character mods. There is no point in having them as consumables as it does not add anything to the game. Turn them into unlimited mods with a cooldown

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Although, I do agree that currency should be transferrable between characters on the same account (APB$ and Joker Tickets).

At the very least APB$, as there's no longer any legitimate gameplay reason/excuse to not do so. Due to the new trading having no system tax, you can already now transfer any quantity of APB$ between your characters with no loss. Letting us simply mail it (or having it be held in an "account wallet" or some such that all characters pull from) would just remove that unnecessary and technically risky middle step.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Alternatively, do what the community has requested since consumables were first implemented... and make them an activated mod with a cooldown rather than a stack of items that continues to cause problems for players despite several inventory modifications and space increases for them.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Consumables should be turned into proper character mods. There is no point in having them as consumables as it does not add anything to the game. Turn them into unlimited mods with a cooldown.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
35 minutes ago, Flaws said:

At the very least APB$, as there's no longer any legitimate gameplay reason/excuse to not do so. Due to the new trading having no system tax, you can already now transfer any quantity of APB$ between your characters with no loss. Letting us simply mail it (or having it be held in an "account wallet" or some such that all characters pull from) would just remove that unnecessary and technically risky middle step.

Why not just 1 bank/money account for all characters on the server? Yeah it breaks the Lore but then so does transferring money really. But then what to do with JTs? Make them global? Weapons? Mods? Contact Progression? Heck let's all just have one character that has everything linked to it, global server, you just pick with region/faction to join when you log in. Boom, NEXT. Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1

Meh whatever, I dont think Ive ever run out on a character anyways... but it wouldnt hurt.

Yeah, as others have said, please increase their cooldown and just turn them into yellow mods. If you want to get fancy limit the number of times you can use them in a mission.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

If you want to get fancy limit the number of times you can use them in a mission.

I actually like this idea a lot. The limit would need to be set on an individual basis though (Resupply Box should have fewer uses than Med Spray, for example). That being said, I feel like it would be better to tie the usage count to a given mission stage, rather than the mission as a whole. There's so many missions, and they have such vastly different lengths and content that a single global limit wouldn't be able to be balanced against them all.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Yeah, as others have said, please increase their cooldown and just turn them into yellow mods. If you want to get fancy limit the number of times you can use them in a mission.

seems a bit redundant given that cool downs themselves serve as an effective use limit 

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
14 hours ago, Kewlin said:

seems a bit redundant given that cool downs themselves serve as an effective use limit 

I meant more like, do one or the other.

4 hours ago, Kewlin said:

meant more like, do one or the other.

shield or med spray with no cool down would be pretty broken imo

even epinephrine could be abused with no cooldown 

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
shield or med spray with no cool down would be pretty broken imo

even epinephrine could be abused with no cooldown 

Which is why there would be limited uses if the cooldowns remained the same? So either:
A. It's made a mod and cooldowns are increased, or
B. It's made a mod, and cooldowns remain the same (not instant, mind you,) and limits on number of uses per missions stage are applied.