TheDogCatcher

Seriously LO you need to up your game.

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Yes, because i use only pmg volcano and opgl so i dont have rights to give my opinion about a guy who is desperate for salary and did some trash changes to show he is doing something.

ive no idea what you're on about pal

And you?

me what?

Just now, BXNNXD said:

me what?

EDIT from the other post: Just going to type a little further seeing that you want to post without reading anything: that guy who tried to bash acusing me that i only use 3 weapons and i never won him (?) thought that recent changes did not affect me.

In the hopes this exchange doesn't go into a war of words...

Excalibur! I think what BXNNXD was trying to explain to you that your original was a bit off topic to what was on the thread. You might have by mistake posted in the wrong thread was all. I am sure no offense was intended.

Just now, Kadama said:

In the hopes this exchange doesn't go into a war of words...

Excalibur! I think what BXNNXD was trying to explain to you that your original was a bit off topic to what was on the thread. You might have by mistake posted in the wrong thread was all. I am sure no offense was intended.

nah i was just fuckin with him lol

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

nah i was just fuckin with him lol

Ah ok, well just thought I try to help a little .  🙂

Damn this game has reached Bless Online population levels. Let's see which dies first. lmao

Really didn't see that coming. Thought it would get better with LO. Guess they are not moving fast enough or doing enough to help the game succeed.. Or it is just destined to die out. 😥

I know it, and i use you.

it takes two to tango my dear

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it takes two to tango my dear

Sounds like l2p issues.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, Tigrix said:

And the whole idea with unbanning EVERYONE ... ugh... terrible terrible idea imo, it just completely ignored the legit players suffering years of some of these a**holes and gave the cheaters an actual god damn reason to come back .... and sorry but everyone knows.. once a cheater, always a cheater - they didn't suddenly grow a conscience just because you let them all back in the game lol.... Did anyone think they'd return with some great epiphany to start thinking logically about time investment versus pointless cheating in games? - no, they just saw weakness and now continue exploiting it.

I don't believe for a second that there were so many "manually unfairly banned by tiggs" players, that it could EVER justify letting the entirety of 15k banned cheaters loose in your game
I believe LO did it because they wanted to come in and build hype on the "savior" type of welcome, with quotes like "we believe there has been some questionable bans" ...
Yes ok, some questionable bans, then please investigate them.... don't release friggin' EVERY cheater&scammer ever caught back onto your last fkin population!? wth did we do to deserve that LOL.

Would you have sifted through all 15k bans to see which are properly banned and which aren't? Tiggs' ban policy was flawed from the start, thus everyone affected by it, rightfully or not, deserves to start on a clean slate. 

The way cheaters were actioned under Tiggs was way worse than setting all of them free. The live broadcasts gave everyone the illusion anything was being done by it. And when there were little broadcasts on a daily basis the community went ham, which for a few times got followed up by a ban wave.

I've seen often during the FairFight era that people only got banned when enough people would claim the person was cheating, that means either FairFight was poorly configured or doesn't work, or Tiggs' ban policy was just realy bad. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Meanwhile literally the effect it had was actually negative, people started cheating just to get FairFight ban broadcast and ffbans.org attention, causing an even more toxic environment for players already there.
Remember FilmVXXX? Do you really think he was just dumb to just cheat on 100+ accounts to get banned?

Not only Tiggs' ban policy was flawed, her unban policy was flawed too. You're solely and entirely responsible for what happens with your account, and when you get banned you had absolutely no way to appeal to it, as support would just automatically close your ticket, unless you're a Special Internet Snowflake™ in her eyes. I'm sure you're aware of the most obvious example of this case.  I think it was a good move to unban everyone, to completely nullify the mess that Tiggs made.
If they really want to waste their time and cheat, BattlEye will catch them (at least slightly sooner than FF most likely).

Nice derailment btw for the people on this page. I think AsgerLund would be either jealous or proud.

Or he would just come with a gif.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haganu said:

- On-topic blabla -

Nice derailment btw for the people on this page. I think AsgerLund would be either jealous or proud.

AnbAeZp.jpg

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

Would you have sifted through all 15k bans to see which are properly banned and which aren't? Tiggs' ban policy was flawed from the start, thus everyone affected by it, rightfully or not, deserves to start on a clean slate. 

The way cheaters were actioned under Tiggs was way worse than setting all of them free. The live broadcasts gave everyone the illusion anything was being done by it. And when there were little broadcasts on a daily basis the community went ham, which for a few times got followed up by a ban wave.

I've seen often during the FairFight era that people only got banned when enough people would claim the person was cheating, that means either FairFight was poorly configured or doesn't work, or Tiggs' ban policy was just realy bad. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Meanwhile literally the effect it had was actually negative, people started cheating just to get FairFight ban broadcast and ffbans.org attention, causing an even more toxic environment for players already there.
Remember FilmVXXX? Do you really think he was just dumb to just cheat on 100+ accounts to get banned?

Not only Tiggs' ban policy was flawed, her unban policy was flawed too. You're solely and entirely responsible for what happens with your account, and when you get banned you had absolutely no way to appeal to it, as support would just automatically close your ticket, unless you're a Special Internet Snowflake™ in her eyes. I'm sure you're aware of the most obvious example of this case.  I think it was a good move to unban everyone, to completely nullify the mess that Tiggs made.
If they really want to waste their time and cheat, BattlEye will catch them (at least slightly sooner than FF most likely).

OMG Bon mots 👏 One of the most accurate comments on Tigg's cheater banning policy. This is what the dark age really looks like before LO

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

Accurate comment as well

On 10/11/2018 at 12:21 PM, Haganu said:

I'm only quoting your first line, because already there you're making a false assumption.
Why would you need to sift through 15k bans? ... you only need to sift through the players who contact you and present what seems a valid case.

The ludicrous fact is that they went ahead and released all cheaters and scammers,  ... and only kept credit card fraud'ers banned. (So ok, you release all the worst community members that directly affect other players with negative impact... but the people that scammed your company for $$, those you deny to release humm okay...)

Why would you release the players who got caught by undeniable FF server-side stat calculations. Why would you release people who spammed cheater accounts and then fucked up realizing they got IP-banned on their main account. Why would you release someone who got caught red-handed scamming other players. Why would you release people who got caught event-cheating again and again even after multiple warnings.
There's plenty of categories, you would keep forever locked the f**k away from your community.

Sorry but it's a total mis-conception that just because someone CLAIMS and perhaps few can even "PROVE" they got unfairly banned by a former staff... that then suddenly you should release EVERY friggin' SCAMMER and CHEATER ever caught ... wtf kinda of logic is that and how did the last remaining loyal players deserve to get that shit-wagon attached.

10 hours ago, SelttikS said:

So did the hype train die or something?

i7S7Mb1.gif

(couldn't help it 😕 ) honestly i'd say LO's success or failure depends A LOT on what they do the next 3 months, cuz' these first decisions were really not what I think most people "hoped for" by a new company taking over. They need to start listening to veteran players that know objectively wtf they are talking about. (no not me, i'm just pissed off about my mod-locked TAS/CSG and ATAC being randomly fucked over by a decision they didn't think through and pushed out without any community influence what so fkin ever.) 😉  ggs

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tigrix said:

I'm only quoting your first line, because already there you're making a false assumption.
Why would you need to sift through 15k bans? ... you only need to sift through the players who contact you and present what seems a valid case.

A false assumption that even the CEO of the game came with. Right, YOU think it's false, but if Matthew Scott doesn't, too bad for you, it's not. He owns APB, not you. He has all the right to make a breakdown of the situation and pull a conclusion out of it for himself, and I'm sure he'd have taken opinions like yours into that breakdown. His conclusion is different from yours, and sofar the whole unbanning all cheaters hasn't been detrimental for the player base numbers, even if you'd say differently.

The situation in Asylum regarding cheaters is not as bad as during old G1, maybe you should look there more often first.

10 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Why would you release the players who got caught by undeniable FF server-side stat calculations. Why would you release people who spammed cheater accounts and then fucked up realizing they got IP-banned on their main account. Why would you release someone who got caught red-handed scamming other players. Why would you release people who got caught event-cheating again and again even after multiple warnings.
There's plenty of categories, you would keep forever locked the f**k away from your community.

Because nearly every ban was done manually. You have no way of telling who got flagged and who didn't. You too know that Tiggs' ban policy was horrendous and only affected this community negatively. It sure did affect you negatively, sorry for saying so. You're too paranoid on the whole cheater subject. Before LO took over and even now, while there aren't even that many clouds in the LO sky regarding cheaters.

On top of that, instantly permabanning is a poor way of managing the community (or those that did wrong). Any proper game has automated systems in place to increase punishment for poor behaviour, on top of staff actively monitoring. APB had neither.

Some people have spent half as much money on their accounts as hours, and you can't tell me that literally 100% of those people got permabanned by legitimate reason, be it scammers or cheaters. If you do say so you're not really much brighter between your ears than those that do cheat.

I'm not saying spending money warrants you free of punishment, but those that spend a lot especially, next to basically every account in existence in a game, should be treated with care. Only smashing your permaban hammer on everything too creates a negative community.

How would you feel if you got permabanned for no legitimate reason during a significant period for you in the game?

On 10/13/2018 at 5:08 AM, Haganu said:

A false assumption that even the CEO of the game came with. Right, YOU think it's false, but if Matthew Scott doesn't, too bad for you, it's not. He owns APB, not you. He has all the right to make a breakdown of the situation and pull a conclusion out of it for himself, and I'm sure he'd have taken opinions like yours into that breakdown. His conclusion is different from yours, and sofar the whole unbanning all cheaters hasn't been detrimental for the player base numbers, even if you'd say differently.

The situation in Asylum regarding cheaters is not as bad as during old G1, maybe you should look there more often first.

Because nearly every ban was done manually. You have no way of telling who got flagged and who didn't. You too know that Tiggs' ban policy was horrendous and only affected this community negatively. It sure did affect you negatively, sorry for saying so. You're too paranoid on the whole cheater subject. Before LO took over and even now, while there aren't even that many clouds in the LO sky regarding cheaters.

On top of that, instantly permabanning is a poor way of managing the community (or those that did wrong). Any proper game has automated systems in place to increase punishment for poor behaviour, on top of staff actively monitoring. APB had neither.

Some people have spent half as much money on their accounts as hours, and you can't tell me that literally 100% of those people got permabanned by legitimate reason, be it scammers or cheaters. If you do say so you're not really much brighter between your ears than those that do cheat.

I'm not saying spending money warrants you free of punishment, but those that spend a lot especially, next to basically every account in existence in a game, should be treated with care. Only smashing your permaban hammer on everything too creates a negative community.

How would you feel if you got permabanned for no legitimate reason during a significant period for you in the game?

1)
Dude, a false assumption is a false assumption. There's no "degree" or "opinions". You simply ARE making a false assumption by claiming that because you decide to release some people, it means you "GOTTA RELEASE ALL" - again, no matter how you twist and turn it, it still remains a false assumption since there is no such universal law, forcing any company to release all cheaters if they release someone whom they believe was "unfairly banned".

2)
It's quite a claim to make from you, to say that "almost everyone got manually banned"  --- imho, that's total bs.
If by manual ban, you define it simply by a staffer pushing the ban through AFTER a player has been caught by FF's slow but eventually effective server-side stat analysing, then wtf does it matter?
If by manual ban, you define that G1 ran around and a staffer personally banned those thousands and thousands of accounts, then big lols @ you dude srsly=p That's not how it worked, no matter how much you wanna hate on the past administration or how blue-eyed you wanna be lol.

3)
Perma-banning is a bad thing, without warnings and punishment escalations and almost all games have these things? 
What online games can you cheat in with 3rd party software such as aimbots or wallhacks and only get away with a warning or a temp-ban? I think you're reaching tbh and I don't see how there's ANY remorse to be had over a player getting perma-banned if caught.
I will say it's different about lesser violations, such as abusing an exploit in an event or similar, but imo it's totally fine if a company feels like they issued enough warnings so that a player deserves a perma-ban, if he/she still decide to say fk the rest of the player-base, i'm gonna exploit to get ahead.

Finally, the comment you make about spending money on ARMAS and in this way being of value to the community and should be treated with a different care?
... sorry, I'll obviously disagree, you're literally talking about favoritism based on financial efforts. It brings back bad associations of a certain player who got caught red-handed cheating on his very very very expensive account. If anything, i'd say that kinda BS is the only reason I could respect a new company allowing ex-banned cheaters to message my staff and make a case for themselves to have their account ban-reason checked and possibly reverted if indeed it shows up that their ban wasn't something categorically definitive, as those ones I listed in my previous message (here:

Why would you release the players who got caught by undeniable FF server-side stat calculations. Why would you release people who spammed cheater accounts and then fucked up realizing they got IP-banned on their main account. Why would you release someone who got caught red-handed scamming other players. Why would you release people who got caught event-cheating again and again even after multiple warnings. There's plenty of categories, you would keep forever locked the f**k away from your community.

Imho these claims about "unfair bans" is a tiny a minority out of the thousands and thousands, but vocalized by very loud certain members of the APB community and instead of unbanning every damn cheater and scammer, they should have the patience to wait until staff has time to check their ticket and claims, even if it'll take a year, it's more fair to all of us, than releasing definitively caught cheaters and scammers right back into this struggling population.

Edited by Tigrix

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

Why would you release the players who got caught by undeniable FF server-side stat calculations. Why would you release people who spammed cheater accounts and then fucked up realizing they got IP-banned on their main account. Why would you release someone who got caught red-handed scamming other players. Why would you release people who got caught event-cheating again and again even after multiple warnings. There's plenty of categories, you would keep forever locked the f**k away from your community.

Imho these claims about "unfair bans" is a tiny a minority out of the thousands and thousands, but vocalized by very loud certain members of the APB community and instead of unbanning every damn cheater and scammer, they should have the patience to wait until staff has time to check their ticket and claims, even if it'll take a year, it's more fair to all of us, than releasing definitively caught cheaters and scammers right back into this struggling population.

fairfight was very deniable, orbit has already made it very clear that it was running improperly

there was an abundance of bans with no documentation - if orbit had no idea who did what and when, on top of an incorrectly running anticheat/ban system, what exactly are they supposed to do? (keep in mind, requiring people to send in unban request support tickets would have been even more of a horrible mess than support currently is right now)

seeing as it wasnt a "tiny minority" and little orbit felt justified unbanning thousands of accounts, i think its safe to assume some combination of problems affected a fairly large majority

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:21 AM, Haganu said:

wasnt it both of those?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:06 AM, Tigrix said:

cant play favorites of course

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigrix said:

When talking permabans I'm talking about the entire spectrum of things that fall under it. That you're failed to see that despite my words being rather clear about it comfirms me that you have quite the cheater paranoia. Take a break. APB made Fairfight look like a potato of an anticheat, and if you seriously think pre-LO was better regarding cheaters, you know who to ask to go back there.

You might lose your acc in the process, idk, because you'd be one of the very few, just like you're one of the very few people keeping up this tantrum about cheaters being unbanned.

You can't turn it back no matter how much you want it to, and whether you like it or not, it's MattScott's breakdown that counts of this case, not yours. No matter how much you flail your arms on the ground or stamp or kick or punch or shoot guns IRL, it's not your call, and I'm honestly very glad it isn't. 

all hail poorly configured fairfight it was the best anticheat in the market, like battleye currently is the worst anticheat in the market

all hail permabanning people for no matter what tiny offense of the rules those that get hammered may have done

rather waste more resources of customer support by having all cheaters make tickets even though 100% of them are false claims in tigrix' book, let's go back to the old days where all tickets regarding ban for cheats are responded with an automatically closed ticket

apb isn't a sinking ship, it's a submarine after all

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

I think they just wanted to boost the player base.

Having no new content to offer, what else could they do to boost population when they acquired G1?

... just a thought.

• Like 1

I can't argue with letting someone in that was falsely banned and I do believe in giving someone a second chance to play this game without cheating. I have been active in this game for a month and a half now so I am not a pro at spotting the cheaters, hackers, exploits, macros, etc.

I think in only one instance I was 50% sure that another player was cheating but if you listen to the chat, the accusations fly around like a whirlwind.

I do hope though that LO has a separate list for the ones that were previously banned to someone that might get banned now (or in the future) compare the two lists so it becomes a perma-ban. Basically saying "you got a second chance to make good , you blow this and there is no coming back here."

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think they just wanted to boost the player base.

Having no new content to offer, what else could they do to boost population when they acquired G1?

... just a thought.

So in other words short term gain for long term pain, doesn't sound like a very good strategy really.

44 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

So in other words short term gain for long term pain, doesn't sound like a very good strategy really.

In their defense, many of those players had never left. But giving back banned accounts artificially inflated the player count. Got 12 accounts back? As long as you log in to all 12, you now count as 12 players instead of one. *giggles*