TheDogCatcher

Seriously LO you need to up your game.

3 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Well it kind of is because they unbanned a bunch of toxic a'holes.

I cant blame them for giving some people a second chance and others  unbanned for not deserving it to begin with.
but that's just me and my personal opinion (same type of person who;d help you with your flat in 4 ft of snow while being late to get home to Christmas dinner just so you can get home to yours - which is also why I drive you guys nuts with how forgiving I am)

I get that some people were unjustly banned and that sucks, it really does, but you must admit that the vast majority of those bans were entirely justified. There were litterally hundreds if not thousands of players banned under G1 and there were maybe 1% to 5% false bans the rest were the scum of the earth and they deserved everything they got.

In anything like this there is always going to be some collateral damage and while it's really sh!tty for those that got falsely banned the overall effect was a positive one.

Just now, TheDogCatcher said:

I get that some people were unjustly banned and that sucks, it really does, but you must admit that the vast majority of those bans were entirely justified. There were litterally hundreds if not thousands of players banned under G1 and there were maybe 1% to 5% false bans the rest were the scum of the earth and they deserved everything they got.

In anything like this there is always going to be some collateral damage and while it's really sh!tty for those that got falsely banned the overall effect was a positive one.

but that's just it...i don't know *shrugs*

if they did deserve it and got a 2nd chance and learned their lesson ill forgive them
if they do it again..... f them ban them and goodbye just like an ex

Once a cheat always a cheat , sadly there's too many people out there with fragile eoges who'll do anything to get a win even at the expense of everyone elses enjoyment of the game.

It's a pity that there's no way to tell which players were banned legit and those that were not, but I think that the overall result of the unbanning has been quite negative.

Edited by TheDogCatcher

Just now, TheDogCatcher said:

Once a cheat always a cheat , sadly there's too many people out there with fragile eoges who'll do anything to get a win even at the expense of everyone elses enjoyment of the game.

It's a pity that there's no way to tell which players were banned legit and those that were not, but I think that the overall result of the unbanning has been quite negative.

no -  one apologized on our new forums he was sincere.....one was

yes I wish we could tell......meh ill just give people hell in silver to find out since I'm usually unpredictable on my game play
the fake people will have to turn it all on and get caught and the real people will either just be that damn good or burn with the town *shrugs*
I'm a low gold/high silver so no idea how beneficial I could be to this idea though
note I said silver  district not bronze I hate the thought of doing that to new players cant stand that (even though I play both because I'm not good enough for full gold)

in the mean time i guess we should all practice our  4x4 stunt driving because many are lacking in that

6 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

You can always tell if someone is a moron or not when they repeat the same closed minded statement "once a cheater always a cheater" over and over. I know many people who cheated back when they were younger who grew up and learned from their mistake. 
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Signarly said:
19 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

You can always tell if someone is a moron or not when they repeat the same closed minded statement "once a cheater always a cheater" over and over. I know many people who cheated back when they were younger who grew up and learned from their mistake. 
I don't believe that for a second, I've been playing games ever since there were games and I've never cheated even once not even in single player games- you have to have a particularly "special" mindset to cheat at a game and I don't think that ever goes away. Edited by TheDogCatcher
typos

Just now, Signarly said:

~snip~

TheDogCatcher is not a moron but is someone who is concerned for APB as much as I am.
him and I don't always see eye to eye but i respect his opinion unlike your mashed tofu stuff

seriously though wtf is tofu anyways looks weird as  #%@$ and tastes worse

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
TheDogCatcher is not a moron but is someone who is concerned for APB as much as I am.
him and I don't always see eye to eye but i respect his opinion unlike your mashed tofu stuff

seriously though wtf is tofu anyways looks weird as  #%@$ and tastes worse
I think it's great if you can disagree and still respect eachothers opinions. 🙂

It's a shame that so many people these days don't understand that ..... f'k postmodernism.

There's nothing like a lively debate.
Edited by TheDogCatcher

21 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

1st. Quit your drama-stirring bullcrаp, you're not being a part of a solution, rather, you're just interpreted as a whiny little bitсh, just like 90% of this commmunity.

2nd. Nobody gives a fuсk about your steam charts. Not everyone here plays APB through steam.

21 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

players must log in 4 what..

ideas for improving? anything?

On 10/4/2018 at 11:22 PM, TheDogCatcher said:

I think LO probably bit off more than they could possibly chew, they had no idea what they were letting themselves in for.

APB isn't some Disney game for kids.

The more I think about it unleashing a bunch of banned players into a game that was already in decline just seems like such a boneheaded idea, then instead of focussing on things like matchmaking they decided it would be a good idea to start messing with weapon balance, their priorites are all wrong.

I feel for them in a way but it seems to me that they brought much of this upon themselves and at this stage I don't really know what they can do to reverse this trend.

What ive been saying all along.
But its better to listen to the experienced players, those who think for themselves only.

"experienced" heh.
So many wasted words. Edited by Excalibur!

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

ideas for improving? anything?

u stupid o what? how many times must post this..

1.Make event(free G1C,JT etc)bring players back
2.District select,advanced,"show recommended only" tab - checked and hide it 
3.Hide threat(both dist. and player,matchmaking fixed)
4.Alternative finan. and waterf. districts - 50 vs 50 with 3 capture points both sides of the map and starting with 3 items in middle of the map
5.Done.Game back to life till bigger changes Edited by TheMessiah

I liked those dynamic events G1 had running for a little while, I'm not sure why they were stopped ( giving away too much free stuff ?).

Having something like this during times when the population is low might help .

38 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:
u stupid o what? how many times must post this..

1.Make event(free G1C,JT etc)bring players back
2.District select,advanced,"show recommended only" tab - checked and hide it 
3.Hide threat(both dist. and player,matchmaking fixed)
4.Alternative finan. and waterf. districts - 50 vs 50 with 3 capture points both sides of the map and starting with 3 items in middle of the map
5.Done.Game back to life till bigger changes
considering you are salty from the start then yes you need to post new ideas.
considering APB needs new content and new ideas then yes I will keep asking every day.
considering many people came up with new ideas day after day then asking is not bad so 😛

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
considering APB needs new content and new ideas then yes I will keep asking every day.
Honestly if my memory serves me correctly, both LO and G1 said that adding new content is rather hard because of the outdated engine. While possible there are severe limitations between programs for creating the models/textures/etc and the process that APB uses, a system that hasn't changed since 2009 back when games that had APB graphics were 'next gen' quality. In order to properly add the new content and make it worth out time rather than just new reskins of existing weapons. I'm quite impressed at the show stopper being as unique as it is but point being is the engine update to 3.5, and the other tech issues they are working on are SO much more important than you getting that FN fal that behaves exactly like a joker carbine, or that Ferarri with similar stats to the Bishada Rapier, or a new shirt for you and everyone else to run around wearing for a week till you get bored and default back to your normal outfit in game.

The game has plenty of content, for new players, and even as a max rank player, while the missions get stale if I play them to long in one session but APB is the only game that's never been uninstalled from my pc, except for one instance 3 days before LO took over, So I may be a little biased on this point. APB Needs better matchmaking, proper anti-cheat, updated engine, better servers, stuff like this because all the players that left Jericho over the years, this was their biggest problem next to the shady and deceitful tactics used by G1 themselves. That said I don't disregard all the people saying it was the player base aswell. The players of APB have always proven to be super toxic and get charged up over one topic or another. I remember back when there was the Halloween event glitch in front of Double B, so many people got banned/suspended and acted like it was G1s fault that THEY exploited a bug.

This has been the terrible cycle that is APB, devs work on a very labor intensive game, the players aren't satisfied with results, players badger for more and more new stuff, devs give in and give up another loot box with a new reskin legendary, players complain that the game is borked and are upset that content comes before fixing it, then the devs begin work on the tech updates again. We need to change this. Should we take everything said by LO with a grain of salt? No... of course not. But we need to back off and let them fix the game barely anyone I see complaining here on the forums has a degree in game development/ business management/ etc but for some reason feel they know better than people who have those degrees. This is something as the players we must fix.

#STOPSAD

... did.... did my hashtag catch on yet? No?.... ok...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

considering you are salty from the start then yes you need to post new ideas.
considering many people came up with new ideas day after day then asking is not bad so 😛

apologize if i insult u..but im tired of this sht doenst matter what idea u gonna post they gonna do whatever they want
1 hour ago, TheSquigg said:

APB Needs better matchmaking, proper anti-cheat, updated engine, better servers, stuff like this because all the players that left Jericho over the years, this was their biggest problem next to the shady and deceitful tactics used by G1 themselves

no sht

i remember in like 2014? we had a clan event where clans with most wins got a bunch of stuff (joker boxes, 3d glasses, etc i think). might be worth doing something like that. I would think at least some people would come back to play that at least, maybe even get some organized stuff going again (wishful thinking)

tbh they should always be running something for clans though. leaderboards at the least should come back

On 10/5/2018 at 7:37 AM, TheMessiah said:

players must log in 4 what..

ive not played for a few weeks now.. infact i think it might even be around 2 months. No point. People just constantly complain about crap all the time. I still watch the forums religiously every day though. Dont know why. Maybe waiting for something to happen. When LO came along I put a a couple of hundred £ in buying stuff.. then stopped playing again because of the shitgun.. sorry shotgun update. that was a real fuck up.. Maybe some day ill have enough money to buy out APB and I will revert back to RTW times games or what ever version they have saved that is closest to it. We can all hope.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:19 PM, ch4ncer said:

1st. Quit your drama-stirring bullcrаp, you're not being a part of a solution, rather, you're just interpreted as a whiny little bitсh, just like 90% of this commmunity.

2nd. Nobody gives a fuсk about your steam charts. Not everyone here plays APB through steam.

Dude amen brother. There's too many threads that are nonconstructive like this one that just complain about APB and its possibility of dying. How are you helping anyone?

4 hours ago, TheSquigg said:
Honestly if my memory serves me correctly, both LO and G1 said that adding new content is rather hard because of the outdated engine. While possible there are severe limitations between programs for creating the models/textures/etc and the process that APB uses, a system that hasn't changed since 2009 back when games that had APB graphics were 'next gen' quality. In order to properly add the new content and make it worth out time rather than just new reskins of existing weapons. I'm quite impressed at the show stopper being as unique as it is but point being is the engine update to 3.5, and the other tech issues they are working on are SO much more important than you getting that FN fal that behaves exactly like a joker carbine, or that Ferarri with similar stats to the Bishada Rapier, or a new shirt for you and everyone else to run around wearing for a week till you get bored and default back to your normal outfit in game.

The game has plenty of content, for new players, and even as a max rank player, while the missions get stale if I play them to long in one session but APB is the only game that's never been uninstalled from my pc, except for one instance 3 days before LO took over, So I may be a little biased on this point. APB Needs better matchmaking, proper anti-cheat, updated engine, better servers, stuff like this because all the players that left Jericho over the years, this was their biggest problem next to the shady and deceitful tactics used by G1 themselves. That said I don't disregard all the people saying it was the player base aswell. The players of APB have always proven to be super toxic and get charged up over one topic or another. I remember back when there was the Halloween event glitch in front of Double B, so many people got banned/suspended and acted like it was G1s fault that THEY exploited a bug.

This has been the terrible cycle that is APB, devs work on a very labor intensive game, the players aren't satisfied with results, players badger for more and more new stuff, devs give in and give up another loot box with a new reskin legendary, players complain that the game is borked and are upset that content comes before fixing it, then the devs begin work on the tech updates again. We need to change this. Should we take everything said by LO with a grain of salt? No... of course not. But we need to back off and let them fix the game barely anyone I see complaining here on the forums has a degree in game development/ business management/ etc but for some reason feel they know better than people who have those degrees. This is something as the players we must fix.

#STOPSAD

... did.... did my hashtag catch on yet? No?.... ok...
this gets my vote.
"But we need to back off and let them fix the game barely anyone I see complaining here on the forums has a degree in game development/ business management/ etc but for some reason feel they know better than people who have those degrees. This is something as the players we must fix."

this too much. I cant be arsed typing too much about this but I discuss this daily for other reasons than APB.

16 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

they did something like this huh. wonder if it could work here or not. no idea.

Well I remember this mentor program from about 6-7 years ago. I know one of the prerequisites was that you had to have a mic and log onto Teamspeak (because let's face it. Who wants to type that much to teach a class?)

I think it could work out for a game like this or I should say I am cautiously optimistic about it, if it is done right. It would take a collaboration from the devs, trainers and trainees to make it work.

For me I see it as a "win-win-win" for everyone involved.

Win for the trainers as their time is going to something that awards them prizes and such (whatever LO deems fair).

Win for the Trainees (and I would throw in bronze and silver players if they wanted to get in on some training but it would all depend on how many golds are willing to train) that they get some much needed help with the mechanics of gameplay and how to strategize in missions.

Win for Little Orbit on a few different fronts. They don't have to put so much time and resources into a project. My thinking is allot a server just for training (I think we have one to spare). They are getting new players to stay in the game and keeping the older players motivated to stay on and get something out of this as well.

I'm not going to say this the best idea out there but when I keep hearing about all these other ideas (and they are good ideas as well) that involve alot of time and resources to accomplish, it would be nice if we had something going on now that would be alot easier to do while we wait for the big changes coming. Edited by Kadama

4 minutes ago, Kadama said:
Well I remember this mentor program from about 6-7 years ago. I know one of the prerequisites was that you had to have a mic and log onto Teamspeak (because let's face it. Who wants to type that much to teach a class?)

I think it could work out for a game like this or I should say I am cautiously optimistic about it, if it is done right. It would take a collaboration from the devs, trainers and trainees to make it work.

For me I see it as a "win-win-win" for everyone involved.

Win for the trainers as their time is going to something that awards them prizes and such (whatever LO deems fair).

Win for the Trainees (and I would throw in bronze and silver players if they wanted to get in on some training but it would all depend on how many golds are willing to train) that they get some much needed help with the mechanics of gameplay and how to strategize in missions.

Win for Little Orbit on a few different fronts. They don't have to put so much time and resources into a project. My thinking is allot a server just for training (I think we have one to spare). They are getting new players to stay in the game and keeping the older players motivated to stay on and get something out of this as well.

I'm not going to say this the best idea out there but when I keep hearing about all these other ideas (and they are good ideas as well) that involve alot of time and resources to accomplish, it would be nice if we had something going on now that would be alot easier to do while we wait for the big changes coming.
I dont think this is a good idea at all. For one, it would require a lot of time and resources to just even start this and also to find people, etc. Second, I wouldn't want some random player joe to teach a bunch of people when a program can do a simple tutorial and the player can learn on their own. It all just seems really redundant and a waste of resources. 

1 hour ago, LordVegeta said:
1 hour ago, Kadama said:

I dont think this is a good idea at all. For one, it would require a lot of time and resources to just even start this and also to find people, etc. Second, I wouldn't want some random player joe to teach a bunch of people when a program can do a simple tutorial and the player can learn on their own. It all just seems really redundant and a waste of resources. 

Those are some good points. I will try to clarify a bit more.

As for time. Well for something like this it would have to be announced in advance, 3weeks? 1 month? I would say that is the least amount of time to get a sign up for this (trainees/trainers).

As for resources I'm talking about one server dedicated for training the only thing I would say that would require tweaking is that trainers are in "godmode" and their weapons disabled. I don't think that would take eons to accomplish.

A tutorial is all fine and well but it is basically there to teach the basics but for the "meat and potatoes" this is where I think an idea would help.

I mean it's no secret that there are folks in this community that are absolutely not the friendliest sorts to a newcomer. New players are introduced to a tutorial that doesn't help all that much when they are finally in game. You compound that with advanced players that gun them down easily, players on their own team that either ridicule them and in some cases kill them outright after they go through loss after loss and is it any wonder why they leave?

I think something like this idea at least gives a better perspective for new players and maybe might provide some friendships later on that would result in them staying on.

6 hours ago, TheSquigg said:
~snip~
I have always said engine upgrade is first and due by end of year.
my posts are to get teh community to help figure out ideas on how to make new content for us and in doing so help Little Orbit brainstorm new ways to bring life to APB again
4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

apologize if i insult u..but im tired of this sht doenst matter what idea u gonna post they gonna do whatever they want

Community brainstorm with Little Orbit means we do our part as well.
True Little Orbit chooses but if community helps make ideas for APB  then good ideas out of it helps Little Orbit
Team effort good
lazy community is toxic for APB so I choose pikac....no wait I choose to help Little Orbit 😛

25 minutes ago, Kadama said:

Those are some good points. I will try to clarify a bit more.

As for time. Well for something like this it would have to be announced in advance, 3weeks? 1 month? I would say that is the least amount of time to get a sign up for this (trainees/trainers).

As for resources I'm talking about one server dedicated for training the only thing I would say that would require tweaking is that trainers are in "godmode" and their weapons disabled. I don't think that would take eons to accomplish.

A tutorial is all fine and well but it is basically there to teach the basics but for the "meat and potatoes" this is where I think an idea would help.

I mean it's no secret that there are folks in this community that are absolutely not the friendliest sorts to a newcomer. New players are introduced to a tutorial that doesn't help all that much when they are finally in game. You compound that with advanced players that gun them down easily, players on their own team that either ridicule them and in some cases kill them outright after they go through loss after loss and is it any wonder why they leave?

I think something like this idea at least gives a better perspective for new players and maybe might provide some friendships later on that would result in them staying on.
You're asking for a dedicated server, a special select people being god mode with weapons disabled, and im sure more. That takes a lot more resources and time than you think. Especially when they have a lot of other things going on that are higher priority. 

I do agree that some people aren't the friendliest to a newcomer. The tutorial is just there to help you understand the basic function of the game and honostly, I think it does a fine job. Even if you had a trainer showing/teaching a trainee how to play, the trainee still would not learn because it takes practice, time, and an active attitude and drive to want to be better. The problem with a lot of people nowadays is that they want to be good fast and they dont want to put in the effort to become proficient. What im trying to say is, you can teach a player anything and everything you want, but they wont learn unless they have that drive.