TheDogCatcher

Seriously LO you need to up your game.

15 minutes ago, EMilika said:
18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Is your position that intentional dethreating is impossible to detect?
 The punishment according to a discord discussion with  Lixil is suppose to start with a temoprary ban.
Dude i just asked you define me how to detect "Fake dethreating" Vs Legit, THAT way that computer can calculate it using algorithms and such.
The blatants are easy. The ones who repeatedly get a single kill in a match before driving to the other side of the map and doing nothing. The players who un-equip or holster their weapons and just feed the enemy. The players who openly discuss dethreating in chat. Those are cases that even GMs could easily handle, and as Lixil said report so they can recieve their temporary bans.

As far as the more sublte cases thats what Fairfight is for. Data collection. Players who perform at one level either while silver or while in bronze district, but show a completely different level of ability once they reach gold or find themselves in a silver district. Im not sure if you think that is beyond the scope of possibility or not... but it certainly is not.

Dethreating has done more damage to APB than even cheating. G1 of old did nothing about it and look where we are. Im not sure why anyone would want this to continue, or would defend the game owners who are doing nothing, absolutely nothing, about it.

Edited by CookiePuss

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
 The blatants are easy. The ones who repeatedly get a single kill in a match before driving to the other side of the map and doing nothing. The players who un-equip or holster their weapons and just feed the enemy. The players who openly discuss dethreating in chat. Those are cases that even GMs could easily handle, and as Lixil said report so they can recieve their temporary bans.

As far as the more sublte cases thats what Fairfight is for. Data collection. Players who perform at one level either while silver or while in bronze district, but show a completely different level of ability once they reach gold or find themselves in a silver district. Im not sure if you think that is beyond the scope of possibility or not... but it certainly is not.
So let's assume i've palying a week "average" 8 kills 3 deaths 5 asist.

Other weak i'm actually in real life sick, with themperature and playing 3 kills and 7 and 1 "average" and loosing 10 games in a row or more ? happens it does..

System will bann be because i was gold and now silver after loosing 10 games in a row No? if not then.

And lets assume after i joined Bronze district after loosing streak > And because of low pop players  i'm able to perform 15 kills 4 deaths and 6 asist "average"
i will be automatically "Suspended from playing" via automatic Detheating super computing analytic skills for 1 day?

2 minutes ago, EMilika said:
So let's assume i've palying a week "average" 8 kills 3 deaths 5 asist.

Other weak i'm actually in real life sick, with themperature and playing 3 kills and 7 and 1 "average" and loosing 10 games in a row or more ? happens it does..

System will bann be because i was gold and now silver after loosing 10 games in a row No? if not then.

And lets assume after i joined Bronze district after loosing streak > And because of low pop players  i'm able to perform 15 kills 4 deaths and 6 asist "average"
i will be automatically "Suspended from playing" via automatic Detheating super computing analytic skills for 1 day?
No.
No.

Any other questions?

In general, there are 3 main issues this game is suffering from.
Obviously cheaters have always been an issue, though not every suspicion is correct. 
Poor, worse-than-mariokart-tier netcode being the cause of a very good share of hackusations. Logic is nowhere to be found with how this game performs network-wise, and with this game's reputation calling out cheats is one of the go-to ways to adress issues found when fighting someone.

Meanwhile dethreaters is the largest problem, and I'm seriously wondering why Little Orbit hasn't done anything about it. During the blogpost and during the Q&A stream with Kempington iirc they intend to work on it during the third phase of their roadmap and call it a critical system, but it's a very bad idea to keep the game's player distribution going as-is and I'm seriously wondering why. 

Dethreating is a main cause of this community's toxicity. If a new player doesn't leave after playing a handful of missions they become upset enough to join in on the toxicity and just do what they hate being done to them.
You literally hit 2 flies with 1 stone in a very negative manner. The players that leave can and will write done negative reviews on the game thus ruining the game's reputation. Meanwhile those that stay are just becoming as toxic as the dethreaters steamrolling them.

This has literally been said for years but nothing has been done about it. It's really saddening to see Little Orbit neither is doing anything about it as quickly as possible, especially after commenting Sorry for leaving a broken system up for so long that everyone's exploiting it. Or something in that manner.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Dethreating has done more damage to APB than even cheating. G1 of old did nothing about it and look where we are. Im not sure why anyone would want this to continue, or would defend the game owners who are doing nothing, absolutely nothing, about it.

Can't agree more. Would've upvoted if I didn't hit my quota.

You could say pre-LO the forums had people explaining why they were dethreating so old G1 could've been caught up between 2 parties, but even that is no excuse to literally do nothing about a detrimental system that caused more harm to this playerbase and game reputation than even cheating. 
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
No.
No.

Any other questions?
Will some player who plays in bronze district aka bronze 
Who i won in some matches performing15 kills 4 deaths and 6 asist "average"  using Report via new "Not yet implemented" Report system make me suspended for performing better in Bronze district? Edited by EMilika
All you people say that it's bad noone says how to eliminate the problem.

12 minutes ago, Haganu said:
It doesn't take a new engine to implement something against dethreaters.
Same as how previous G1 on the same current engine implemented a threat (player distribution) system that created this issue, then did little to nothing about it for 5, nearly 6 years.

Thread locking was a poor solution to begin with, the current half-assed thread locks (aka gold can't join bronze, silver can't join green etc) aren't the solution either.
yes it does old engine cant handle what is needed compared to another band aid  which is why new engine is critical for a proper foundation :3

Just now, EMilika said:
Who i won in some matches performing15 kills 4 deaths and 6 asist "average"  using Report via new "Not yet implemented" Report system make me suspended for performing better in Bronze district?
That's not how analysis works. It takes time and gathers values from an entity to form an average over a longer period of time, then compares that value to a more global average.
FairFight isn't your daily weather report. It's more climate-oriented if you need a metaphor for comparison.

I'm not sure based on what FairFight detects cheaters, but if the possibiliies are there, Cookie's idea to use FairFight to detect/action dethreaters doesn't seem so far off.

1 minute ago, Haganu said:
That's not how analysis works. It takes time and gathers values from an entity to form an average over a longer period of time, then compares that value to a more global average.
FairFight isn't your daily weather report. It's more climate-oriented if you need a metaphor for comparison.

I'm not sure based on what FairFight detects cheaters, but if the possibiliies are there, Cookie's idea to use FairFight to detect/action dethreaters doesn't seem so far off.
Its way to hard. And will never be implemented.
Best option is real time Report system.
By real time i mean when person is reported he " Get creen not snapps but actual rendered video same as Demo via Csgo "
I don't want new forum spams "i was fake banned by fairfight pls unban" Edited by EMilika
new topic " I was not detheating pls unban...

3 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Its way to hard. And will never be implemented.
Best option is real time Report system.

I don't want new forum spams "i was fake banned by fairfight pls unban"
Then you state in the forum rules that ban appeals are forbidden?

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
yes it does old engine cant handle what is needed compared to another band aid  which is why new engine is critical for a proper foundation :3
Then how did old G1 fuck up the threat system from the old 15-threat-system to this 40-threat garbage that messes with both matchmaking (the matchmaking system is perfectly fine btw) AND player distribution which caused a major decline in players and greatly increased community toxicity?

If it's impossible in the old (current) engine then explain to me what voodoo, sega-tier shit did old G1 do? Edited by Haganu

11 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Who i won in some matches performing15 kills 4 deaths and 6 asist "average"  using Report via new "Not yet implemented" Report system make me suspended for performing better in Bronze district?
No. Threat fluctuation is normal and fine. You would have absolutely nothing to worry about. Nor should you.

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, Haganu said:
  Then how did old G1 fuck up the threat system from the old 15-threat-system to this 40-threat garbage that messes with both matchmaking with which is absolutely nothing wrong AND player distribution which caused a major decline in players and greatly increased community toxicity?
your logic is flawed vulcan
the old engine never did threat properly nor have the built means to do so.
new engine doesnt limit us to the sky but the stars

Just now, Haganu said:
Yes it all should be inside G1 suport system.

And yes i think recording Demoes Like Csgo does would stop blatants to snap 180 degrees after they kill some one

i'm tallking to you gromzie and 125mhz trashes.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:
the old engine never did threat properly nor have the built means to do so.
new engine doesnt limit us to the sky but the stars
Literally what?
I dont think you actually know what you are talking about on this one friend.
Not to mention the only thing Matt has mentioned changing about threat is the speed at which your threat can change.

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
The irony.

You don't need a completely new engine to rework player distribution. Old G1 already reworked player distribution, but their system was flawed. Matchmaking has too many threats to take into account to make a match-up, so match-ups will never be even near perfect. Next to reworking player distribution old G1 also reworked points distribution per-mission, so you now you only have to press F to get 250 points, or be near the objective to get 150 points for free.

This caused major issues with player distribution and dethreating is the product from it.

A couple years ago they talked about district-phasing which requires a new engine. It makes matchmaking easier for small playerbases, but is in by no means an absolute necessity. The funny thing is that this would literally solve nothing as long as we have 40 threat levels (10 levels per threat). Do you really want Little Orbit go down in their heroic attempt to save a dying game that holds immense amounts of potential by applauding them for half-assing their work?

If old G1 spent the time doing nothing to think about ways to distribute players in a way that wouldn't be detrimental for basically every important aspect of their game APB maybe wouldn't have needed to be in dire hands of Matthew Scott.
I wonder if Little Orbit is actually thinking of ways to distribute players. Hint: less skill-groups would be a great way to improve it. 40 is way too much. Edited by Haganu

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Literally what?
I dont think you actually know what you are talking about on this one friend.
Not to mention the only thing Matt has mentioned changing about threat is the speed at which your threat can change.
more power to do things is good
hot rods pick up the chicks
clunkers pick up....well nothing good

more power to do things is good
hot rods pick up the chicks
clunkers pick up....well nothing good
You right, this convo got way to serious.
So... you still playing APB on the reg or other stuff?
Ive been more trying Overwatch since it was $12 on HumbleBundle a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Haganu said:
~snip~
did you read my other posts? doesn't sound like you did
The timely manner of your reply makes your post very ironic. Once again.

You right, this convo got way to serious.
So... you still playing APB on the reg or other stuff?
Ive been more trying Overwatch since it was $12 on HumbleBundle a few weeks ago.
yeah way too serious. glad you understand lol
both APB and other stuff but this week....frikken yard work bleh

23 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Dethreaters running wild, total lameness everywhere, you guys done fk'd up

This isn't LO's fault.

Just now, Haganu said:

The timely manner of your reply makes your post very ironic. Once again.

that's because im inside eating dinner finally

I understand both sides of the argument that came up with gamer participation to make the game better vs. customer expectations and responsibilities to them.

An idea that came up for me as far as getting new comers to stay and not leaving in frustration from getting stomped on by dethreaters and whatnot is actually something I saw only once before in another game.

When I was playing Star Trek Online they used to have PvP or at least it was something they were focused on a little.

What they had was something like a mentor program. To save time I will just say how this would apply to this game.

We can get gold player volunteers and have a server allotted for these practice missions. Trainees could sign up for a time and date to begin training with the gold players.

If it's possible, disable weapons from the golds and give them "god mode". They are there to shadow and instruct. Gold criminals and enforcers would have to work together to make sure the trainees get the most help from weapon familiarization, tactics and driving.

Ok,  so what's in it for the trainers? Pretty much anything LO would deem fair, g1 credits, joker tickets, in game money, legendary weapons etc etc its pretty much up in the air.

I know there are probably flaws in this idea and tbh this just came up right now in an inspired moment but if I could ask the community here to add to this idea I would really appreciate it.  

Edited by Kadama

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
yeah way too serious. glad you understand lol
both APB and other stuff but this week....frikken yard work bleh

Yeah we are doing the yard work too... had a few trees removed, planted a new one, re-seeded and fertilized for the fall.
... I sure hope my kids appreciate it.

Just now, Kadama said:

I understand both sides of the argument that came up with gamer participation to make the game better vs. customer expectations and responsibilities to them.

An idea that came up for me as far as getting new comers to stay and not leaving in frustration from getting stomped on by dethreaters and whatnot is actually something I saw only once before in another game.

When I was playing Star Trek Online they used to have PvP or at least it was something they were focused on a little.

What they had was something like a mentor program. To save time I will just say how this would apply to this game.

We can get gold player volunteers and have a server allotted for these practice missions. Trainees could sign up for a time and date to begin training with the gold players.

If it's possible disable weapons from the golds and give them "god mode". They are there to shadow and instruct. Gold criminals and enforcers would have to work together to make sure the trainees get the most help from weapon familiarization, tactics and driving.

Ok,  so what's in it for the trainers? Pretty much anything LO would deem fair, g1 credits, joker tickets, in game money, legendary weapons etc etc its pretty much up in the air.

I know there are probably flaws in this idea and tbh this just came up right now in an inspired moment but if I could ask the community here to add to this idea I would really appreciate it.  

they did something like this huh. wonder if it could work here or not. no idea.

Yeah we are doing the yard work too... had a few trees removed, planted a new one, re-seeded and fertilized for the fall.
... I sure hope my kids appreciate it.
teach them how home grown food tastes so much better than store bought crap as well as the satisfaction of being able to do it yourself along with the smug look to give to rich people who are basically  zombie  food and they most certainly will appreciate it

22 minutes ago, mynd said:
23 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Dethreaters running wild, total lameness everywhere, you guys done fk'd up

This isn't LO's fault.
Well it kind of is because they unbanned a bunch of toxic a'holes.

Having said that I had some real fun matches tonight so maybe there is still some hope. Edited by TheDogCatcher