Sign in to follow this  
SuperConker

In order to protect your account, you are not allowed to mail attachments from this computer for 6 days

There's a new restriction apparently (as the title says) when trying to email an attachment in-game.
But how exactly does this HELP protect my account? I don't see how this protects people's accounts in particular.

Is any login info/passwords or other personal info compromised when emailing an attachment in-game? Didn't think so.

Om29X9t.jpg

I find it quite annoying that i can't use my own computers (i have two), and be able to play the game without silly restrictions.

Hah... owned.

Jokes aside, I assume its to give you time to learn your account has been hijacked before the hijacker can send your shit to other accounts. That is, even if someone got access to your account, they couldnt steal anything for 6 days.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

id assume its to prevent someone (who presumably logged in from a different ip or something) from draining your account immediately

i feel like it would have been far more convenient to just add an email/text verification instead

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

id assume its to prevent someone (who presumably logged in from a different ip or something) from draining your account immediately

i feel like it would have been far more convenient to just add an email/text verification instead

You get right out of here with your logic and reason.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

I agree that it would be a more convenient way to do have some type of email or text message verification instead.

Feel like LO has good intentions, but at the end of the day is just making things more frustrating for players.  And that is not a good thing.

@MattScott just add 2FA already and all problems solved while support is absolved from having to deal with "wahh I got hacked/scammed" tickets.  Then the playerbase can have nice things and not be frustrated by all these silly restrictions.

Edited by mynd

Hi guys,

We are adding 2FA very soon, and players will be able to use this to circumvent the 7 day issue when switching systems.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

We are adding 2FA very soon, and players will be able to use this to circumvent the 7 day issue when switching systems.

Thanks,
Matt

good news
  • Like 2

That is some great news indeed, and should make it near impossible to get your account hacked/hijacked.
And also good to hear there won't be any issues mailing items after switching from one computer to another.

14 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Excellent!

i support this change.
Take it from me someone who has been hacked and lost 2 million$ and g1 never gave me my money back.

(i still have the proof a hacker took my money and sent it their main in my mailbox)

this at the very least should slow the hackers 1 problem.

the hacker has a plan b "If i can't have it no one can" they would just delete your character.

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Matt listening to us still confirmed

Why not implement the most logical that has existed since digital is digital? a verification email !!! If an intruder enters my account, they could delete the character. More important is that, than being able to buy or not. It is annoying, for not being able to take advantage of sales at the moment. Please think things through before taking action. Sometimes what they believe is a help, it is totally a nuisance.

5 hours ago, FDLM said:

Why not implement the most logical that has existed since digital is digital? a verification email !!! If an intruder enters my account, they could delete the character. More important is that, than being able to buy or not. It is annoying, for not being able to take advantage of sales at the moment. Please think things through before taking action. Sometimes what they believe is a help, it is totally a nuisance.

You're wrong.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, Keshi said:
On 10/5/2018 at 1:16 AM, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Matt listening to us still confirmed

It doesnt work i tested it

On 10/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, CookiePuss said:
On 10/4/2018 at 6:48 PM, BXNNXD said:

You get right out of here with your logic and reason.

Or 2 factor authanticator

On 10/5/2018 at 1:56 AM, SuperConker said:

That is some great news indeed, and should make it near impossible to get your account hacked/hijacked.
And also good to hear there won't be any issues mailing items after switching from one computer to another.

You underestimate peoples stupidity!

19 hours ago, FDLM said:

wtf was this necro

how exactly does a verfication email help if your mail account was compromised?

the whole idea is to have two separate devices, by requiring a password when logging in anywhere and an authentification code that can only be obtained by accessing your phone simultaneously

verification mails that you probably access on the same machine (unless you only check mails from your phone) wouldn't do that.

1 hour ago, DaddySponnabitch said:

Or 2 factor authanticator

read the thread before sharing your genius ideas

9 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

You underestimate peoples stupidity!

because you respond to a year old post, i assume i did.

53 minutes ago, neophobia said:

[...]

because you respond to a year old post, i assume i did.

Didn't know words have an expiration date

On 10/4/2018 at 6:48 PM, Solamente said:

But we have it already. It's called two-way verification.

Unless somehow you got stolen/compromised Android/iOS then I don't see how you can even lose that account. Chance of guessing code is 1 to 531441 and after each attempt verificiation code auto-reset on failed attempt (to prevent brute-force attack).

Edited by Mitne

Sign in to follow this