Sign in to follow this  
Arwo

All servers merger

Hello.
I address these words to LO staff (in particular to @MattScott) primarily.
A couple of weeks ago I heard a rumor by one man who told me that you, Little Orbit, are going to merge all servers (Jericho and Citadel, at least) to one. The problem with ping would be solving by means of regional districts (for example, Financial-EU1 (2,3.4 etc.) for players from Europe with the lowest ping for them and Financial-US1 (2,3,4..) respectively) but all players from the whole apb could exist on one server and could meet in any time. 
I asked @Kempington on the stream if he knows something about it. He told me it's your real idea. So, my question now: do you really want to merge all servers to one? And if you really want to do it when would you start doing it? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Arwo

37 minutes ago, Arwo said:

Hello.
I address these words to LO staff (in particular to @MattScott) primarily.
A couple of weeks ago I heard a rumor by one man who told me that you, Little Orbit, are going to merge all servers (Jericho and Citadel, at least) to one. The problem with ping would be solving by means of regional districts (for example, Financial-EU1 (2,3.4 etc.) for players from Europe with the lowest ping for them and Financial-US1 (2,3,4..) respectively) but all players from the whole apb could exist on one server and could meet in any time. 
I asked @Kempington on the stream if he knows something about it. He told me it's your real idea. So, my question now: do you really want to merge all servers to one? And if you really want to do it when would you start doing it? Thanks in advance.

i wouldnt expect anything until after the engine upgrade, but who knows
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Makes no sense.Theres reason for servers in NA and EU.Even if they merge still game will run out of people soon(dont mention the lag)cause theres nothin happenin in this game.Citadel is 600 players now,jericho around 100-150 nekrova - same.Merging 1+0+0..no sense..game needs new content not waiting for some imaginery engine 4ever.I told them to make some 50vs50 mode(fighting for capture points around the map or whatever)and replacing open conflict with it.Doesnt matter call it "Riot" or whatever ur nuts want.Still gonna be somethin to do.LO may read all on forums but they do whatever they want.Also this matchmaking-1 of the the things that kills this game most.Can be done some tweaks to current but no.Im tired of this sht dont care

I heard about it too and really like the idea of merging all world servers into one big and then having district servers in different countrys. It would bring the community a bit more together. As I understood the main Idea of it is having district servers in countrys which don't have enough players to open a own world server. But it's also great for the future: If we get higher population (and I still have the hope) we don't get splitted into different worlds (EU1, EU2). I can live without new content like cars, clothing, weapons until they release UE4. If they focus on technical things while they work on UE3.5 and UE4 it is totally fine because if the release of UE4 (with new graphics) become good, alot of people will try this game again. Till that we need patience. But I have hope in them. They want the game to become good too else they would not work on it. And to answer the OP Question: I also don't think they release it before Unreal 3.5.

Yeah. Basically united world server, districts would be region-enabled only. I can imagine social would be only acceptable expection.
In theory that should unite players which are both language and region-close as well as get rid of any lag caused by distance.

At model we are currently in everything don't work at low population. Now we have slowly to merge servers together due to uber low population.
I mean... it's either that or...

Edited by Mitne

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i wouldnt expect anything until after the engine upgrade, but who knows

Well, in previous experience we could see that servers merging (innova's pioneer to Nekrova, Han to Jericho) isn't a difficult problem: I had even been surprised when I saw g1's success of merging Innova's server to Nekrova. So a new engine isn't a barrier, really.
2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Makes no sense

I can argue. Jericho has more online at its prime time, Nekrova has a district with 20 vs 20 people at its prime time. It's not news that all russians who want to play apb had come to Citadel. But why innova's players' rights had been violated with our knowledge about successful transfer of brazilian server's players? Their transfer wasn't a problem, nobody discussed it. That's not players' problem that GMs had given them special mods from gamefiles. I don't belive admins can't "expropriate" this unique content.
As for absence of a world merging's reason. I want to remind that during the merging of Colby and Joker some players who played on Joker lost their good ping and that's pity they can't play on unioned server as earlier. 
In the current situation it'd be reasonable to merge all servers to one just to let people play in districts with the lowest ping. Edited by Arwo

Sign in to follow this