MattScott

New GamersFirst site

9 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Due to bad influence in the past from GameFirst aka: Money first .... i suggest to use "Little Orbit" name instead of gamefirst.
gamersfirst.com/apb/news -> LittleOrbit.com/apb/news

@MattScott has already directly stated they won't be changing branding... even though this decision will severely harm the future of these games (APB, Descent, Fallen Earth) regardless of how good they make them. It's a real shame.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
@MattScott has already directly stated they won't be changing branding... even though this decision will severely harm the future of these games (APB, Descent, Fallen Earth) regardless of how good they make them. It's a real shame.
not to be too much of a banana but orbit likely has people they pay just to analyze stuff like this
  • Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:
not to be too much of a banana but orbit likely has people they pay just to analyze stuff like this
I'm sure they do, but it doesn't take a PhD in psychology to understand such basic concepts. The overwhelming majority of people who left due to Gamersfirst/Reloaded being garbage won't return, specifically because they associate the name with said garbage. Words are exceptionally cheap, and words are what you need to carry weight if you want people to return.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
I'm sure they do, but it doesn't take a PhD in psychology to understand such basic concepts. The overwhelming majority of people who left due to Gamersfirst/Reloaded being garbage won't return, specifically because they associate the name with said garbage. Words are exceptionally cheap, and words are what you need to carry weight if you want people to return.
it didnt seem to stop people from returning after orbit bought apb, although i suppose theres way to know how many people didnt come back because of the g1 name
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 12:26 AM, BXNNXD said:

it didnt seem to stop people from returning after orbit bought apb, although i suppose theres way to know how many people didnt come back because of the g1 name

Most of the people who actually came back from that (myself included), are likely those who already have investment in the game. For example I love the game despite its flaws, not to mention the thousands I've spent on it. The only reason I left back then was because Tiggs is a raging Removed Inappropriate language ~@mayii.

Then there's the thousands of unbanned accounts, plenty of which are players who still frequent the forums after their bans... obviously they'll "return".

The rest of the people who "came back" are just fresh new players, brought in by the circulating news about the takeover. Curiosity, basically.

Website looks noice, Great job Web Development team.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:
I'm sure they do, but it doesn't take a PhD in psychology to understand such basic concepts.
Apparently it only takes a high school education eh Hex?

Looks great!
I like the news section, although maybe the Armas Marketplace could have some tweaks to match the new portal better? Just a thought, nice done.

And just in case you guys are looking for more in-game screenshots, there are two very old posts where a bunch of players submitted theirs in the past if it helps at all:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/388193-screenshots-needed/

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/299754-screenshots-for-charity/

Edited by Salvick

Edited by Guest

Honestly I would never have known the site had been changed, had you not told me.
I dont think Id been there since the last time I installed the game.