Nitronik

Why were the OCA and NTEC Test-A changes not pushed to live?

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

Yeah, I mean, you were the first to bring up irrelevant crap.

What makes you assume that I get smashed all day long in CQC by N-TECS? Just because I dare to speak the truth about your favourite crutch?
I'm not trying to balance guns to my personal skill level because "waaaah I got killed by one waaaaaaah", but more so because it actually is overpowered and the game became absolutely stale.

I mean... udNpnvy.png, lol.
The mere fact that you pasted a picture of your fellow silvers downvoting my post shows you've run out of arguments. You aren't bringing anything to the table with this post here, just hollow statements how it's "overpowered", yet there's little to no elaboration behind what you are saying 🤔

Also, I've not brought up anything that is irrelevant. I talked about weapon balancing and how people subconciously become delusional about weapons being overpowered just because they don't know/aren't capable of facing them. You started talking about completely different things in desperate attempts to defend your empty point.

1 minute ago, Flaws said:
The mere fact that you pasted a picture of your fellow silvers downvoting my post shows you've run out of arguments. You aren't bringing anything to the table with this post here, just hollow statements how it's "overpowered", yet there's little to no elaboration behind what you are saying 🤔

Also, I've not brought up anything that is irrelevant. I talked about weapon balancing and how people subconciously become delusional about weapons being overpowered just because they don't know/aren't capable of facing them. You started talking about completely different things in desperate attempts to defend your empty point.

It's been explained countless times on the forums and various discords, even in-game or on streams. Why should I repeat myself a thousand times just because you're slow or refuse to accept the truth?
I just don't see a point in arguing with someone that defends something that is clearly overpowered while he's running around calling others bad or silver.

There's just no point discussing anything with you, accept that.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

It's been explained countless times on the forums and various discords, even in-game or on streams. Why should I repeat myself a thousand times just because you're slow or refuse to accept the truth?
I just don't see a point in arguing with someone that defends something that is clearly overpowered while he's running around calling others bad or silver.

There's just no point discussing anything with you, accept that.
Who explained it? Any high tier player who ever said that the N-TEC is overpowered? I highly doubt that.

You being delusional has nothing to do with me, other than that it pisses me off when devs listen to people like you on the forums instead of high tier players.

Just now, Flaws said:
Who explained it? Any high tier player who ever said that the N-TEC is overpowered? I highly doubt that.

You being delusional has nothing to do with me, other than that it pisses me off when devs listen to people like you on the forums instead of high tier players.

And you are a high-tier player? HA, I don't think so.
N-TEC is overpowered, many others thinks so too, and LO agrees on that.
I'll end this "discussion" with you, since you bring nothing of value to the table anyway, and we'll just derail the topic.

Time to find your next crutch my dude ;)
  • Like 1

Could u make the yukon better because that nerf is worsing it and its price is getting down

7 hours ago, Flaws said:
took him longer than you tbh

On 10/2/2018 at 9:18 AM, Flaws said:

The new N-TEC changes are terrible and I hope they realise that. There is no need to nerf one of the most complex weapons to use in the game (compared to basically everything else in the game that is considered meta). The N-TEC has the most complexity of them all. Reducing what you can do once you master it is a bad move.

EDIT: The N-TEC 5 requires control of many things while almost every other weapon in the game lets you get off with only keeping track of one thing. N-TEC combines tracking, fire rate control (handling bloom depending on range), recoil control and movement + having to be aimed down the sights 90% of the time.

Most other weapons in the game either have no real recoil, no actual bloom, can be used without aiming down the sights at similar ranges as the N-TEC *cough* OSCAR *cough*.
I don't think it's the N-TEC that needs to be looked at but things like how the PMG can be used as a sniper rifle sometimes and how stupidly overpowered the OSCAR is in it's range category.

And as far as jump shooting with the N-TEC goes, I do not see why that should be nerfed. It's already balanced well enough considering the fact that once you jump, you are stuck in a specific arc that your character follows as they fall down to the ground. It's not like we can easily manoeuvre left and right mid-air. The jump shooting is useful to those who can do it correctly and have good enough aim. I don't see the point of nerfing that whatsoever.

You're kidding, right?....N-tec is one of the most overused weapons in the game, EVERYONE can use it, which is why it needs to be nerfed, it's just like the PMG, and OCA, it doesn't take skill, quit kidding yourself. N-tec recoil is/was non existent, it NEEDED to be nerfed BIG TIME
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MidnightStrider said:
On 10/2/2018 at 5:18 PM, Flaws said:

The new N-TEC changes are terrible and I hope they realise that. There is no need to nerf one of the most complex weapons to use in the game (compared to basically everything else in the game that is considered meta). The N-TEC has the most complexity of them all. Reducing what you can do once you master it is a bad move.

EDIT: The N-TEC 5 requires control of many things while almost every other weapon in the game lets you get off with only keeping track of one thing. N-TEC combines tracking, fire rate control (handling bloom depending on range), recoil control and movement + having to be aimed down the sights 90% of the time.

Most other weapons in the game either have no real recoil, no actual bloom, can be used without aiming down the sights at similar ranges as the N-TEC *cough* OSCAR *cough*.
I don't think it's the N-TEC that needs to be looked at but things like how the PMG can be used as a sniper rifle sometimes and how stupidly overpowered the OSCAR is in it's range category.

And as far as jump shooting with the N-TEC goes, I do not see why that should be nerfed. It's already balanced well enough considering the fact that once you jump, you are stuck in a specific arc that your character follows as they fall down to the ground. It's not like we can easily manoeuvre left and right mid-air. The jump shooting is useful to those who can do it correctly and have good enough aim. I don't see the point of nerfing that whatsoever.

You're kidding, right?....N-tec is one of the most overused weapons in the game, EVERYONE can use it, which is why it needs to be nerfed, it's just like the PMG, and OCA, it doesn't take skill, quit kidding yourself. N-tec recoil is/was non existent, it NEEDED to be nerfed BIG TIME
Saying that the N-TEC recoil is non-existant when you have weapons like the Carbine, OSCAR, OCA, OBIR etc is just laughable at best.

Also, just because "everyone can use it" (even though using it has literally nothing to do with mastering it) doesn't make it overpowered in any way. Everyone can use shotguns because they are incredibly easy. Everyone can spray an OCA, everyone can spam a carbine etc.

As a final note, I'd like to remind you that the vast majority of silvers/low golds are using weapons like Medusa, True Ogre, Volcano, Raptor variants, HVRs, PMGs. They use Nano and Yukon as a secondary etc etc. I don't see low tier players using N-TECs that often AT ALL. And from my experience with talking to lower tier players, they claim that the "N-TEC sucks"; "too much recoil"; "I can't control it".

If the N-TEC really was such an overpowered weapon that EVERYONE can use, no one would be buying the ATAC, spending money on JMBs to get a Medusa. No one would sit 100m away with a volcano spamming the objective etc etc.

I'm wondering, really, who is this "EVERYONE" that you speak of? Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

I'll put it this way, I use every underpowered weapon in the game, including putting hb3 on a star and can do just fine. But if I really really really want to win without a doubt? I use an ntec.

Why? Because it's piss easy to handle with experience and gets more kills than other rifles. I put on an ntec and don't worry about if "i'll take that guy out in the open right then or if i need to wait another 1-2 seconds until i "know" he is unable to get away."

Its vesatile, managable, easy to use, good ttk, capable of facestomping every rifle in range. Put 2 people of the same skill with ntec vs star, ntec is likely going to be on top. It's not hard to figure out why the are hoping to nerf its versatility slightly. When out of f2p rifles you have ntec and star and 9/10 people use ntec.

ps. just because everyone can use something broken doesnt make it not broken 😉
pps. Just because people want to use off meta guns like medusa or weapons that fit into different ranges and niches than ntec like volcano and atac, doesnt make the ntec any less borked.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I'll put it this way, I use every underpowered weapon in the game, including putting hb3 on a star and can do just fine. But if I really really really want to win without a doubt? I use an ntec.

Why? Because it's piss easy to handle with experience and gets more kills than other rifles. I put on an ntec and don't worry about if "i'll take that guy out in the open right then or if i need to wait another 1-2 seconds until i "know" he is unable to get away."

Its vesatile, managable, easy to use, good ttk, capable of facestomping every rifle in range. Put 2 people of the same skill with ntec vs star, ntec is likely going to be on top. It's not hard to figure out why the are hoping to nerf its versatility slightly. When out of f2p rifles you have ntec and star and 9/10 people use ntec.

There's no doubt the N-TEC is better than the STAR, but why nerf a fine balanced N-TEC when you can buff the STAR and give it a reason to be used by some riflers? The discussion wasn't about the N-TEC vs STAR, it's about the N-TEC allegedly being stronger than OCA, PMG, shotguns, carbine, OSCAR etc (which it really really isn't, not in their optimal range, definitely not) Edited by Flaws

On 10/7/2018 at 11:27 PM, Flaws said:
Saying that the N-TEC recoil is non-existant when you have weapons like the Carbine, OSCAR, OCA, OBIR etc is just laughable at best.

Also, just because "everyone can use it" (even though using it has literally nothing to do with mastering it) doesn't make it overpowered in any way. Everyone can use shotguns because they are incredibly easy. Everyone can spray an OCA, everyone can spam a carbine etc.

As a final note, I'd like to remind you that the vast majority of silvers/low golds are using weapons like Medusa, True Ogre, Volcano, Raptor variants, HVRs, PMGs. They use Nano and Yukon as a secondary etc etc. I don't see low tier players using N-TECs that often AT ALL. And from my experience with talking to lower tier players, they claim that the "N-TEC sucks"; "too much recoil"; "I can't control it".

If the N-TEC really was such an overpowered weapon that EVERYONE can use, no one would be buying the ATAC, spending money on JMBs to get a Medusa. No one would sit 100m away with a volcano spamming the objective etc etc.

I'm wondering, really, who is this "EVERYONE" that you speak of?
Well first off "Everyone" Including you, and every other level 200-255 gold out there that over uses them, like the PMG and OCA, and before you try to find a loophole in my comment like a smart patootie, when I say "Everyone", I also mean petty patootie rerolls.  By "everyone" I mean "Everyone", just cause you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  Everyone uses N-tec, OCA, and PMG's, it's as simple as it sounds, all of those guns are so freaken easy to use, there's no mastering needed for the gun, if you end up mastering an N-tec, then you must be a special kind of try hard. Like seriously, I don't see what you're trying to argue here, everyone uses the N-tec, because everyone CAN, it's a non skill weapon that requires no effort.  The URSUS takes some skill, but in the end is not much different than the regular N-tec.  It's cute you think you have some kind of valid arguement here, no required skill, no reason to comment on why it should stay the way it should. Most of the community if not ALL of the community agrees that N-tecs, Pmg's and OCA'S need a big patootie nerf, so deal with it.

EDIT: Really LO? Patootie? This is not a Disney game for kids.  Edited by MidnightStrider
Correction on Cursing
  • Thanks 1

buffing the STAR would result in the same problem : You'd have a weapon that's either too easy to use (if you buff the spread again) or that is too competent in most roles (if you buff TTK)

Buffing all other ARs to the level of the N-TEC just makes them all overpowered and then there's literally no reason to use anything besides assault rifles.

Want something that exceeds the N-TECs max range? AR-97.
Want something thats better in CQC than the N-TEC? S1-FA.

The list goes on and on. Buffing them to the level of the N-TEC is a horrible idea, honestly.

7 hours ago, MidnightStrider said:

it's a non skill weapon that requires no effort

out of curiosity, what gun would you say takes skill to use?

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
7 hours ago, MidnightStrider said:

I too would like to know this... if the ntec is easy, what gun is hard?

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
9 hours ago, MidnightStrider said:

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
9 hours ago, MidnightStrider said:

I too would like to know this... if the ntec is easy, what gun is hard?
Exactly my point towards everyone else in this thread.

My mind is not changed, the N-TEC does not require nerfing and some of you just aren't very good at this game. I rest my case, as I've already wasted too much time on this. I hope LO makes the right decision.

(I hate how buggy the forums and quoting are.) Edited by Flaws

2 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Exactly my point towards everyone else in this thread.

My mind is not changed, the N-TEC does not require nerfing and some of you just aren't very good at this game. I rest my case, as I've already wasted too much time on this. I hope LO makes the right decision.

(I hate how buggy the forums and quoting are.)
What? Ntec is clearly OP not even need to be good at this game or bad.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Flaws said:

.. but it takes a huge amount of skill to use or "master" an N-TEC, right? You keep throwing those kind of statements into this thread yet few others agree with you, for a reason.

Your comparisons are quite ridiculous (for instance, comparing an AR's recoil to that of hip-fired semi-auto rifles) and I personally think that many of the weapons you listed are more difficult to use or "master" than the N-TEC, in fact the majority of all weapons are at least as challenging to use as the N-TEC.

I'd like to see any of you N-TEC mainers who laugh about Carbine/OSCAR/OBIR/... users "master" any of those weapons like you "mastered" your N-TECs.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GhosT said:

Buffing all other ARs to the level of the N-TEC just makes them all overpowered and then there's literally no reason to use anything besides assault rifles.

The Call of Duty way of balancing weapons.