Sign in to follow this  
Mattatooski

Rip Aus

So, left the game for a bit, figured i'd see what direction the new devs are gonna go, come back today and Hans gone. so once again oce gets abused and forgotten. it was bad enough as it was on han with at least 100-150 ping on a good day, now its constant 250-300. 
now before you start giving me the whole low pop speech, i realize that not many people played on Han. but we could still play, unlike now where its just a teleport fest and a death montage. we had ourselves a good circle going and now its just been tossed to NA servers with a letter say "Best of luck".
bring Han back, i miss the game

Hey! While I can understand pain (playing in anything more than 100 ping is horrible), Matt promised to get rid of world servers overall and make it one united server adjusting to players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

Hey! While I can understand pain (playing in anything more than 100 ping is horrible), Matt promised to get rid of world servers overall and make it one united server adjusting to players.

Oh I didn't see he actually said that. It's how APB (or any game at all) should've been built to start with, I honestly don't know what RTW were thinking by separating the servers like that.

1 hour ago, Kiida said:
4 hours ago, Mitne said:

Oh I didn't see he actually said that. It's how APB (or any game at all) should've been built to start with, I honestly don't know what RTW were thinking by separating the servers like that.
Back in time this concept was pretty popular and common, especially among EA developers.
Problem is that APB with such low population can't afford such concepts anymore. Edited by Mitne

10 hours ago, Mitne said:

So this will magically lower ping for those far away from server, will districts be ping segregated or it will be simply megaserver with 10-500ms players all mixed together?

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
So this will magically lower ping for those far away from server, will districts be ping segregated or it will be simply megaserver with 10-500ms players all mixed together?
it would be one large server with everyone’s characters, and you would select a district (fin - oce3) in your appropriate region 
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
40 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
it would be one large server with everyone’s characters, and you would select a district (fin - oce3) in your appropriate region 
inb4 it will be server merge and nothing more

I already know many Aussies that played in Jericho already, but yeah, it's an unfortunate situation for yall. 200+ ms does not sound fun

Edited by Archon
  • Like 1

Still sitting here in Sydney with smooth 180-220ms on Jericho since the server merge years ago. Dunno how you nerds get such trash ping.

Did Turnbull fuck you over with that NBN upgrade?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Still sitting here in Sydney with smooth 180-220ms on Jericho since the server merge years ago. Dunno how you nerds get such trash ping.

What if they live in West Australia?

I play with 200-300ms, calling it a teleport fest and a death montage is a bit of an exaggeration.

200-300ms is playable not until 500+ is where it gets near unplayable but if our tryhard BR-hating friends are anything to go by lag actually makes me better at the game cause apparently they've got the teleport fest and a death montage. 

1 hour ago, Mitne said:
9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What if they live in West Australia?
No one lives in WA. That is just a myth. Nothing exists West of the blue mountains.
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this