moxxichixx

Battle Royal mode pls no vehicles

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I think we should add as many modes as possible... see how thin we can stretch the Jericho pop.

I think it'll be as thinly stretched as the LO development team.

14 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:
17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think we should add as many modes as possible... see how thin we can stretch the Jericho pop.

I think it'll be as thinly stretched as the LO development team.
...gottem.

3 hours ago, Kempington said:

To be fair, they did say riot would replace fight club and the plan was to remove FC if riot worked out. Not sure if they u turned that decision or not.

That being said, I'd be ok with FC being removed with something to replace it. It's a mess at the moment.

Almost immediately he ended up going back on that after a ton of people flipped out because Fight Club the only reason a lot of people still play, and said he spoke too soon without clarifying.  He later said that they would replace Open Conflict with Riot instead.  I'd hate to see FC go tbh.  Be it a mess or not, it's still the only way to get a small 20v20 that starts and ends quickly without having to ready up.  Plus it's the only mode my favorite map exists in 😞

11 hours ago, Kempington said:

To be fair, they did say riot would replace fight club and the plan was to remove FC if riot worked out. Not sure if they u turned that decision or not. That being said, I'd be ok with FC being removed with something to replace it. It's a mess at the moment.

There was a moderate shitstorm from the Fight Club players, and MattScott himself stated they've changed their plans accordingly. Fight Club will remain, unchanged, even after Battle Royale's release.

In a game where we struggle to even get 100 similar-skilled players playing at the same time, LO wants to split the playerbase even more by adding a new mode that is extremely unlikely to work given the current population. All in some hope that it will draw players to the game. Here's a hint from every MMORPG, RTS, MOBA, and BR game that came chasing their trends - it never works out, and you're wasting your efforts and money. The giants are already established. You are not going to put a single damn dent in that.

LO, can you stop making new-developer mistakes please? There's an entire damn industry of bad ideas to learn from, and yet you keep charging forward with ideas that have already failed time and time again. Lack of experience isn't an excuse for not learning from the past.

• Like 1

BR not a bad idea in my opinion. Can be good to take attention.

I like the idea of a Battle Royal mode. But from past experience with BR games, it will likely get dominated by LAN centre teams and internet cafes. You will need to assure that people can't arbitrarily team up.

52 minutes ago, Defibyoulater said:
Really...wow. Edited by moneychixx
  • Thanks 1