Sign in to follow this  
Zipen

About the 7 days trade lock

I recently upgraded my computer and i got the "Trade Lock: 7days" message , i thought it only works for the trade system , but no seems like i was wrong , it blocks you from sending mails / trading / and Using the market place (Buying / Selling Stuff). Now the question is: -is the trade lock really a good idea ?
I wonder if it can really help players "protect" their accounts, i think its completely useless , the trade system is already there and does the job , so is there a real need for trade lock ? , also not being able to Mail/ Put item on market & Trade is really bad, theres people that are in social most of the time and with this feature added it will just worsen the game.

Edited by Zinnedine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's same for me. The trade lock is supposed to be for the trading system. Instead, it blocks me from the Marketplace,  mailing system, and trading. which is bad. So now I'm stuck with the starter vehicle and I also can't buy any high level mods. I get the same generic claptrap saying "use a computer you've used in the past to remove the lock", which is funny because I've been using the same computer to play this game since 2016, so what do you say now?

What's sad is that there are people actually defending this, it's terrible and this is only here to baby the players with kid gloves. They just added a good update with a stupid one. It's the player's responsibility to be responsible for their accounts, not the company or their game. If you need a trade lock to not get scammed, then you shouldn't be playing online games to begin with.

• Like 1

Hi there,

We are working to streamline Trade Locking so that it is as invisible to the player as possible.
It's a new system. We are still tweaking values.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We are working to streamline Trade Locking so that it is as invisible to the player as possible.

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you for looking into it

40 minutes ago, Iggyazaleaomg said:

honestly i think if you upgrade your computer you should be banned 

it’s basically cheating tbh, paying for the advantage of more frames and smoother gameplay

Edited by BXNNXD
:^)

Lol, Im not update my PC, Im just update drivers, and now have 7 day trade lock, now Im goin back to GTA Online on 7 days, maybe more, jeezz, this game with LO start to be worse and worse, first this stupid weapon balance, now this genius trade lock, damn man wtf you doing.

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2018 at 8:00 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Is there any progress on the implementation of 2FA, so band-aid protection that negatively impacts those that don't particularly need it don't need to be there in first place?

Sign in to follow this