Sign in to follow this  
BaronSaturday

This might get weird.

Any chance we can get some more support for Role Play?

I know... j... just hear me out.

I feel there's some actual role play potential in this game.  It just needs some minor tweaks.  

More emotes.

A /me chat function for creating custom emotes.

An option to turn on chat bubbles.

I think these would be great options for throwing support at RP.

Actually this used to be suggested on the old forums as well.....
I had forgotten about this....until now *facepalm*

Well it would be interesting clips on youtube for APB (hopefully for the right reasons)
Not for nor against this - remaining neutral and undecided until people talk more since I don't know what to think about this.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:58 AM, Dopefish said:

Introducing new emotes to Armas could be a good way to monetize.

Let's not monetize a play time extender that is created by the community.

We're talking about an emote set that should just exist in MMOs as a baseline.

/chuckle
/laugh
/sigh
/sit
/look

some other added functionality would be

/me and /e which would create custom emotes that appear in the chat box that aren't accompanied by an animation in game.

so.  You would type.

/me looks around suspiciously before pulling out the briefcase and setting on the crate.  He opens it and says "You need to count it?"

this would return

BaronSaturday looks around suspiciously before pulling out the briefcase and setting on the crate.  He opens and say "You need to count it?"

10 hours ago, BaronSaturday said:
Let's not monetize a play time extender that is created by the community.

[...]

/me and /e which would create custom emotes that appear in the chat box that aren't accompanied by an animation in game.
And I meant the emotes that triggers an animation, like /dance or /smoke does currently. Nobody would be interested in purchasing an emote that only creates a text prompt. I'm not sure what added value there is to do /me as opposed to simply typing it?

I have to agree with dope fish that not having emotes doesn't mean a lack of imagination or ingenuity.
Emotes may give the illusion of giving more character to an entity, like in fortnight... They don't say anything, no history, no behavioural traits or quirks. They just do funny dances.

Emotes add emphasis to what is already going on, what being said and done which is nice... But that doesn't add much more context or elaborate on what is going on.
/me, Sitting and pointing would be nice but isn't the greatest change to APB because role play isn't really what APB is about.

I love to role play and i like player organised events, but there are a lot of other things I would want to see in APB before new emotes and interactivity.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:35 AM, VickyFox said:

I have to agree with dope fish that not having emotes doesn't mean a lack of imagination or ingenuity.
Emotes may give the illusion of giving more character to an entity, like in fortnight... They don't say anything, no history, no behavioural traits or quirks. They just do funny dances.

Emotes add emphasis to what is already going on, what being said and done which is nice... But that doesn't add much more context or elaborate on what is going on.
/me, Sitting and pointing would be nice but isn't the greatest change to APB because role play isn't really what APB is about.

I love to role play and i like player organised events, but there are a lot of other things I would want to see in APB before new emotes and interactivity.

I don't disagree.  I'm just making the suggestion as a, "Yo.  When the big thing is done and tested and bug fixed, you wanna maybe hook a brotha up on a new emote suite?"

A few more emotes could be cool, sitting, laying down and shite like that. All in all it would simply increase RP value and add a new way to advertise the game, like a screenshot with lots of people emoting instead of just standing or dancing. The game isn't really meant for that, but we have all of that customization already so why not give it a bit of flavor with poses? Obviously I don't support this until the "Big Update" arrives.