Lixil

Realtime Worlds character migrations

Hello everyone,

we will be retiring the APB Realtime Worlds character migrations in two weeks, on Tuesday 10/9. This means that any characters who have not yet been migrated over will be unable to complete the migration process after this date. 

Edit: Removed the link.

• Like 3

I assume this is related to when the old server instances merged into citadel? idk

3 minutes ago, Cormacnoah said:

I assume this is related to when the old server instances merged into citadel? idk

More than likely it has to do with the engine update dropping some kind of legacy code functionality.

in other words, while a character can be read by the currebt engine and be brought up to date, it may not be able to be read by the new engine and brought up to date. Edited by BaronSaturday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

Soooo, what does this mean? Name wipe of all unmerged characters?

This

There was a migration process during CBT or OBT for RTW veterans to get their accounts/characters back, is this in reference to that?

This is only for players who still have unmigrated Real Time Worlds characters.

• Like 2

Didn't even realise this was stikll a thing. Thought that was stopped years ago.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Didn't even realise this was stikll a thing. Thought that was stopped years ago.

It was though i guess it was something that could still be done if you hadn't?  It never ever came up after Reloaded stopped doing it.  I would guess this means they're deleting the RTW character database to make room and such?  My only though as it was something you had to do through Support back in the day and it was never automated, i think?

It was automated in the past, I have no clue if it still works though because I migrated mine as soon as it was possible. 

@Lixil is there any way to check if you have already transferred your characters (im pretty sure i already did it, but it would be nice to check) 

On 9/26/2018 at 8:33 AM, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

we will be retiring the APB Realtime Worlds character migrations in two weeks, on Tuesday 10/9. This means that any characters who have not yet been migrated over will be unable to complete the migration process after this date. 

Edit: Removed the link.

In that case Is it possible to get my OBT title? (never got into the CBT) Lost my first account years ago. And you can imagine how helpfull support was when it comes to things like this. (played under the name Raxxis i think it was)

@Lixil Edited by Zolerox

7 hours ago, transaction said:

what that mean?

The first developer, Realtime Worlds (RTW) under the roof of EA, published this game in 2009/2010, and shut down their services.
GamersFirst then bought all of the game and released it as APB: Reloaded in 2011. 

Back then you could take your RTW character, and migrate those characters and certain items into your new GamersFirst account.
You even got a reward for it, a permanent 0 slot JG. (lol)

I didn't know this was still a thing, as these accounts existed almost ten years ago.
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 9:50 AM, GhosT said:

The first developer, Realtime Worlds (RTW) under the roof of EA, published this game in 2009/2010, and shut down their services.
GamersFirst then bought all of the game and released it as APB: Reloaded in 2011. 

Back then you could take your RTW character, and migrate those characters and certain items into your new GamersFirst account.
You even got a reward for it, a permanent 0 slot JG. (lol)

I didn't know this was still a thing, as these accounts existed almost ten years ago.
My account is imported from RTW, and I have a vague memory of utilizing the link Lixil had provided. I assumed that the service stopped being offered at one point, because one of my friends was no longer able to import his RTW account, though I don't recall the specifics of why.

i mean they had almost 9years to do it right?

On 9/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Zolerox said:
In that case Is it possible to get my OBT title? (never got into the CBT) Lost my first account years ago. And you can imagine how helpfull support was when it comes to things like this. (played under the name Raxxis i think it was)

@Lixil
OBT titles were granted to players who logged in  during a certain period of time. If you do not have this title then you were not online during this event. Unfortunately we can not grant OBT titles anymore.

This post does not mean names will be freed nor become available(as they do not have a nickname yet). It just means players who did not do migration/log-in should or can do it within the time period that has been given.

1 hour ago, Lixil said:
OBT titles were granted to players who logged in  during a certain period of time. If you do not have this title then you were not online during this event. Unfortunately we can not grant OBT titles anymore.

This post does not mean names will be freed nor become available(as they do not have a nickname yet). It just means players who did not do migration/log-in should or can do it within the time period that has been given.
"not online" Zolerox was not the first account Is my point. (played fallen earth before apb, had apb as my 2nd game till it was "closed" took a break after i heard about reloaded. In the end it's only titles. Edited by Zolerox

Zolerox  . I think it's all right here.

yH3gJ0JLs2.jpg

MpDi2C34DH.jpg

GcwO7nto5j.jpg

98Miu9194q.jpg

DuF35p58pT.jpg

yQfKzsyyay.jpg

FX29N6f5bZ.jpg

Edited by Yood

On 9/29/2018 at 5:25 PM, Lixil said:

Actually I had to send a message to support to get my OBT Vet title a few years ago.  Mine wasn't granted to me as an error, so I sent in a screenshot that I took during OBT as proof and they sent me the title.  So it's not really just a matter of us not being online during OBT.  I and a few others have had to send a message to support about it.  I can understand if you can't grant that title anymore though.
  Edited by BrandonBranderson

Hello, need help migrating my character on "Citadel" over to US server.

Would like to have it done before the deadline. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks. 

Is it too late to contact support now?.

Been trying to get my first account back since G1.

I recently sent in a support ticket asking for the OBT title as well and they would not give it to me, probably should have asked for it during the G1 era lol. 

Edited by skeller

Do you mean those whom were not within the migration phase in 2012? (or 2013 can't remember well).