Nitronik

Range nerf for .45AP / RFP-9

These are two of the hardest hitting pistols at the moment and they benefit from 40m effective range
There's a reason the RFP-9 is called the Pocket OBIR , and the .45 is accurate enough to make full use of its drop off range

Reduce their effective range to 35m (from 40m)

• Like 4

I agree RFP needs a range nerf, however the .45 is a perfectly balanced pistol that requires quite a lot of skill to use in order to get the full use of it.

RFP is actually broken, .45 is just good in the hands of people who have mastered it.

There's a reason 50% of people use FBW, 45% use RFP, 4% use automatic weapons, and like 1% use .45 lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

yeah i don’t think the .45 needs to be touched, if you’re hitting 5 out of 7 consecutive shots on a moving target at 40m i think you deserve a kill 

rfp should def get a range nerf 

Edited by BXNNXD
  • Thanks 2

Give the RFP a slight range nerf, or nerf the hipfire accuracy. Or dont, I dont care... the gun is fine really.

And as for the .45 AP...
jV1PcRV.jpg

.45 is in a perfect spot right now. It requires a higher amount of skill than other secondaries so that people who have mastered it can truley wield it without it becoming overly destructive to others. RFP on the other hand needs a kick down.

I've been sniped by .45's before... I think the range could use a nerf honestly.
Dare I say it, but when I had the .45 I shredded with it. >.>
Without a doubt, the same goes for the RFP.

RFP should have its hipfire accuracy nerfed. 45AP should have its range nerfed. ACT44 and RSA should have their accuracy severely buffed.

Oldschool variant of RFP with high hipfire and jump accuracy, but much less range, could be introduced as a new weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

RFP should have its hipfire accuracy nerfed. 45AP should have its range nerfed. ACT44 and RSA should have their accuracy severely buffed.

Oldschool variant of RFP with high hipfire and jump accuracy, but much less range, could be introduced as a new weapon.

I'm not sure I agree with RFP hipfire nerf - it's still meant to be a close quarters weapon after all, and it just means that you have to get a little bit closer to them to ensure a hit in CQC

17 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

ACT44 and RSA should have their accuracy severely buffed.

i’m not sure the rsa really needs more accuracy, it’s ably to hit reliably out to its drop off in my experience, if it had to get a buff i’d say lower equip time 

act44 could def use extra accuracy 

3 minutes ago, Nitronik said:
I'm not sure I agree with RFP hipfire nerf - it's still meant to be a close quarters weapon after all, and it just means that you have to get a little bit closer to them to ensure a hit in CQC
forcing ubercqc to get reliable hip fire hits seems acceptable to me, especially with the relatively high burst damage the rfp does 

Unless they drop the .AP45 on the G1 Marketplace, I don't think it's a good thing to nerf it. It belong to the most expensive weapon of the Armas Marketplace.
Instead of this, the RFP need a nerf anyway, yeah

46 minutes ago, TeraOctet said:

Unless they drop the .AP45 on the G1 Marketplace, I don't think it's a good thing to nerf it. It belong to the most expensive weapon of the Armas Marketplace.
Instead of this, the RFP need a nerf anyway, yeah

Unless they drop the .45AP's price*
I go home I'm tired 😄

Honestly price should never be a reason - and most ARMAS prices could use a revamp anyways... :P

Do whatever you want, but don't even think about touching my beloved .45AP !!

15 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Honestly price should never be a reason - and most ARMAS prices could use a revamp anyways... 😛

Well, most Armas weap are skin of common npc's weapons.
.45AP belongs to the unique weapons you can buy only on armas so I think the price take importance from this point. That makes a kind of p2w part. And if we dare spend 3900G1C for that stat of weapons, there would be a logic, and a justice for other players to put an appropriate price depending the stats of the weapon.
That actualy makes sens for me but I understand your point of view too

5 hours ago, TeraOctet said:
.45AP belongs to the unique weapons you can buy only on armas so I think the price take importance from this point. That makes a kind of p2w part. And if we dare spend 3900G1C for that stat of weapons, there would be a logic, and a justice for other players to put an appropriate price depending the stats of the weapon.
So you don't think .45AP should be nerfed, since it is meant to be stronger due to its high price? Edited by Dopefish

Isn't it how things work in society ?
A leather jacket will be obviously more expansive than a common low quality jacket.
Even if it's virtual, it's still about money. According the fact that the .45AP hit the highest weap price, I don't find logic to let it that expensive if G1 low the stats.
But I can still be wrong, so I don't promote anything 🙂 

Well society isn't really balanced either, and I don't think it's good to model a game after reality. I'm sure you're aware of the issues with P2W, and how it leads to people stop playing the game due to being at a disadvantage against paying players. Weapons shouldn't be balanced around how much they cost in Armas (and I don't think there should be Armas exclusive weapons other than legendary ones), so if it's too expensive in comparison to similar weapons, then it might be better to tweak its price instead.

Edited by Dopefish

I completely agree with you. The sad point is that it's how the armas actually works. I mean, troublemakers, 45ap, those kind of weap you can find only on armas hit the highest price among the weapons you can buy.
I find it actualy sad but nvm, I simply follow the logic of G1.
Also it's a kind of justice for the players, I mean, let's take the exemple of the VAS 'Tin Soldier'. The only way to get that weapon is to pay for the Key of the World pack (around 100$).
Just imagine if you buy this pack only for the weap, and result : That one is terribly bad (plop twist: Definetly not the best weapon ever).
That would be completely bad because you would just have the feeling of wasting a lot of money.

I'm aware about pay to win, but actualy the .45ap is pay to win (whatever if you master the weap or not).

There is now 3 possibility :

- G1 Low the .45AP stats but not the price (so it's not a good invest, and G1)
- G1 Low the .45AP price but not the stats (so it would probably be an apocalypse in San Paro)
- G1 Low the both price and stats and nothing change that much, and G1 still earn money.

The fact is the game is damn old, but so gold to my eyes, and I hope it will stand for a long time. But everyday there is around 600 players online (EU serv), and I seriously wonder if Little Orbit can live with that.
If they now loose a part of the shop, it would be an other bad point for them.

Wonder who would spend 3900G1C for a unique gun which doesn't worth it ? No probably one 😕

- G1 Low the .45AP stats but not the price (so it's not a good invest)*
My english sucks but I hope it still understable 😞

probably no one* (DAMN IT)

7 minutes ago, TeraOctet said:

I completely agree with you. The sad point is that it's how the armas actually works. I mean, troublemakers, 45ap, those kind of weap you can find only on armas hit the highest price among the weapons you can buy.
I find it actualy sad but nvm, I simply follow the logic of G1.
Also it's a kind of justice for the players, I mean, let's take the exemple of the VAS 'Tin Soldier'. The only way to get that weapon is to pay for the Key of the World pack (around 100$).
Just imagine if you buy this pack only for the weap, and result : That one is terribly bad (plop twist: Definetly not the best weapon ever).
That would be completely bad because you would just have the feeling of wasting a lot of money.

I'm aware about pay to win, but actualy the .45ap is pay to win (whatever if you master the weap or not).

There is now 3 possibility :

- G1 Low the .45AP stats but not the price (so it's not a good invest, and G1)
- G1 Low the .45AP price but not the stats (so it would probably be an apocalypse in San Paro)
- G1 Low the both price and stats and nothing change that much, and G1 still earn money.

The fact is the game is damn old, but so gold to my eyes, and I hope it will stand for a long time. But everyday there is around 600 players online (EU serv), and I seriously wonder if Little Orbit can live with that.
If they now loose a part of the shop, it would be an other bad point for them.

Wonder who would spend 3900G1C for a unique gun which doesn't worth it ? No probably one 😕

- G1 Low the .45AP stats but not the price (so it's not a good invest)*
My english sucks but I hope it still understable 😞

probably no one* (DAMN IT)

people have bought the norseman pack, i dont think price:performance is always a big deal

Lol indeed. But what do you think about the .45AP case ? It's not a pack, just a single weapon, that changes a lot.

For my personnal experience, I bought 45AP only because I got rekt by that one many times. (I mean, 5 shot to kill ? With that fire rate ? Cmon that was insane).
The only way to get it was sadly to cash shop it. I would probably never bought it if it was a simple skin of Obeya pistol. You know what I mean there

The price/performance is not always a big dea,, but for the .45AP, I truely think it is.

2 hours ago, TeraOctet said:

I mean, 5 shot to kill ? With that fire rate ? Cmon that was insane

It's insanely good indeed as soon as you are able to land 5 out of 7 shoots. Which requires a decent aim and stuff. 

The FBW is therefore more reliable in most situations, since it's more forgivinable when you can't track properly.

And well...the rfp is just slightly over the top 😄

16 minutes ago, Mikarity said:
It's insanely good indeed as soon as you are able to land 5 out of 7 shoots. Which requires a decent aim and stuff. 

As all the shooters, the aim is a fundamental variable. But what a paradoxal variable too. Fundamental too play, but passed a skill level, it invalidate the weapon statistics.
However, I guess that when we bet on an invest as the .45AP, we bet on the probability to land 5 out of 7 shoots. That's only a probability but that's the possible (so satisfying) goal of the purchase, isn't it ?

5 hours ago, TeraOctet said:

That's only a probability but that's the possible (so satisfying) goal of the purchase, isn't it ?

Yes you are right, but there is clearly a difference between utopie and reality here. Especially when it comes to the .45AP. Even the best player can't consistently land every single bullet all the time. Not to mention that some certain game mechanics don't really work for the .45AP ( like pre fire ). And well... its pretty much the only gun in APB that can't kill 2 ppl with one magazine.

There is a reason why the most player rather go for the FBW. 🙂

greetings 

The 45 is perfect as is, pretty much the ideal balance point for a secondary weapon.

RFP's range needs to have the previous buff reverted for sure though, back down to the original 30m from the current 40m.