TeraOctet

Modding the Login Theme

Hello,

I create this Topic here because I don't know where to create it.
I want to know if it's legit or bannable to mod the game login music. I'm about to mod it by changing the actual login menu theme by the following one in Gamersfirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Audio\Soundbanks\Basic.bnk

I miss this theme so bad, and I know many other players do miss it too. If it's ok, I'll share with you guys how to extract a .bnk file, replace one or more audio file into it, and how to convert it to a .bnk again.
Please GM answer me that.

Also it's a suggestion topic. So, if it's not allowed to mod that, I suggest you guys to bring that theme back. (Also if you can add it in the character customization, I would love you forever.)

Thank you by advance for your replies.

mattscott has already said theyre looking into this and the login screen in general, its probably pretty low priority right now 

• Thanks 1

Alright, thank for the quick reply !
About the personal mod I want to do on the login screen, do you know if it is allowed ?

8 minutes ago, TeraOctet said:

Alright, thank for the quick reply !
About the personal mod I want to do on the login screen, do you know if it is allowed ?

as far as im aware the only officially approved file modification is using the advanced launcher, so if you wanna swap them its at your own risk
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
as far as im aware the only officially approved file modification is using the advanced launcher, so if you wanna swap them its at your own risk
Well I'll refrain then ! Thanks again mate !

I am not sure but I would say you not allowed to change the game files. There are other mods which replace files too and they are not bannable. (Atleast nobody got banned for it yet) So I don't think they will ban you, because you don't get a unfair advantage. But as @BXNNXD said: It's at your own risk.

Edited by iTzBlackout
  • Like 1

doubt you'll get banned for changing audio files but then again, it's technically not allowed

6 hours ago, iTzBlackout said:

I am not sure but I would say you not allowed to change the game files. There are other mods which replace files too and they are not bannable. (Atleast nobody got banned for it yet) So I don't think they will ban you, because you don't get a unfair advantage. But as @BXNNXD said: It's at your own risk.

You get the unfair advantage of the motivation that theme gives you, whereas the new one puts you in a more depressed mood.

@MattScott 
I do prefer a pretty 2D logging screen with the old theme instead of the current awful  3d scene where a taxi cab is in the center of the screen.

Also, unless they're legally bond to keep them,  get rid of the "reloaded productions" and "in the memorial of Real Time worlds" screens, "punkbuster" ... its time to move and leave behind those symbols of failure. 
  • Like 1

Seconding this. Old menu was nice and simple, plus that music playing in background certainly puts me in the mood of wreaking havoc/serving justice.

As for modifying sounds... I don't see any advantage gained from that and while it's not yet approved by Little Orbit, I don't see any harm in doing that. After all, shaders were in that same gray area too, but no one was banned for them, until G1 explicitly stated that shaders are not allowed.

9 minutes ago, Aurora_Valis said:

Seconding this. Old menu was nice and simple, plus that music playing in background certainly puts me in the mood of wreaking havoc/serving justice.

As for modifying sounds... I don't see any advantage gained from that and while it's not yet approved by Little Orbit, I don't see any harm in doing that. After all, shaders were in that same gray area too, but no one was banned for them, until G1 explicitly stated that shaders are not allowed.

we know have battleye which is client side and checks files afaik

while its unlikely it could theoretically ban for messing with files, so its at your own risk

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

while its unlikely it could theoretically ban for messing with files, so its at your own risk
Doubt it checks sound files, after all USPStyle and Flaws configs which remove themes and background sounds still work just fine.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:22 AM, BXNNXD said:

BE only checks background applications. It doesn't care about game files. However, there is a server sided file check that can be enabled. Currently it's only on a few specific files, that are encrypted anyway... Edited by MrsHappyPenguin