DenVx

Changing the gender of the character

Hello!
I propose to add to the game the ability to change the character's gender in the character's editor.
The amount of such an operation can cost a lot, it's not a problem.
All of us created characters and passed connected, but suddenly I wanted to play for another gender. Create a new character does not interesting and borein, and for the auction to create content like clothes on both sexes where it is more interesting and better, a new platform for creativity opens!

This was available in 2010, if I'm not mistaken...
Sho, what u think, community? :)

Suggested many times over the years, it's not possible due to the amount of effort required.

I don`t think so, just put function like in CHARACTER CREATION menu, other thing is clothes... 

it would render all of your custom clothing unwearable, and force you to remake your character as well

Its not so hard to do, if u know how to work with UnralEngine, i have a little experience in Lua, Java, MySql, and i get one main thing: If u want code that - u will do that.

And most importantly - do not be lazy.

Yes, colthing will become unwearable, so can sale it. Its not a huge problem. Do the community think its good or bad idea for the game, that the point.
If i will get code of game, and 1-2 mouth to learn it - i can do that.

months*

Once again - it does not work like that. You don't know how APB was made. More than 60% of the game was some custom stuff added on top of UE3 Beta. Even day-night cycle was not a thing back then so RTW had to do it themselves.

44 minutes ago, DenVx said:

Its not so hard to do, if u know how to work with UnralEngine, i have a little experience in Lua, Java, MySql, and i get one main thing: If u want code that - u will do that.

And most importantly - do not be lazy.

Yes, colthing will become unwearable, so can sale it. Its not a huge problem. Do the community think its good or bad idea for the game, that the point.
If i will get code of game, and 1-2 mouth to learn it - i can do that.

months*

The characters are a custom job for players.
Its why civilians have trenchcoats and we do not.
Each clothing item for a male is a different one than a female in the registry.
Perhaps after the 4.0+ engine upgrade this can all be rebuilt but today it is impossible to do.
47 minutes ago, DenVx said:

Yes, colthing will become unwearable, so can sale it. Its not a huge problem

people PAID for clothing with real money.
Yes this would be a huge problem because there would be valid lawsuits then

BUT! In game is female and male version of clothing, and its automatically selected for character gender. Its can just replace in shop that thing. Nothing hard here.

people PAID for clothing with real money.
Yes this would be a huge problem because there would be valid lawsuits then

1 hour ago, DenVx said:

Its not so hard to do, if u know how to work with UnralEngine, i have a little experience in Lua, Java, MySql

I find this statement kind of humorous. What exactly do those languages have in connection to a C++ built game engine?

I find this statement kind of humorous. What exactly do those languages have in connection to a C++ built game engine?
Need to read right. I sad that in context, its was: 

TIL that en entry level computer course final is equivalent to a 100 million dollar video game coded by dozens of developers