Sign in to follow this  
Delete884943468320878423

APB loading is garbage on SSD... than before!!!

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr

rd;lt

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr

21 minutes ago, EMilika said:
rd;lt

dr;tl

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr

APB LOADING IS GARBAGE ON SSD... THAN BEFORE!!!

1 minute ago, Grizmo said:
29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr

APB LOADING IS GARBAGE ON SSD... THAN BEFORE!!!
ok thanks.

Here's why:
- Over complicated login screen.
- New content is encrypted.
- Shaders are recompiled on startup, even though they don't need to be.
- HUD, and some other content is compiled on startup.
- More content in general.
- Packages split into smaller files (good for keeping weekly patches small, bad for loading times).

• Thanks 1

takes me 2:15 from launching apb off desktop to spawning in a district, although i have the nomovies thing on 

running apb (and everything else) on hdd

Regardless, this is the only game i noticed to take forever to load up since day 1, mechanical or SSD, both takes unusual times to load compared to absolutely every online game i ever experienced.
The point is that for such a small open world game its unusual to take way longer than an actual big open world game to load.
Takes longer than a wow with 200 addons on load.
Perhaps 5 years ago might had been acceptable, but today you can't play the same old card.
Just the stupid lame intro screen takes around half the required load time lol, at least if they removed that crappy intro screen, its horrible, everybody wants the old one back.
How can it be more important to nerf IR and OP shotguns(already the most OP weapons in this game) than to actually take care of things that really need attention.

Edited by Vnight

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I hope this guy never tries GTA Online.

I been thinking about it a few times, but i heard its also filled with more hackers than here, so its pointless.
Besides that... gameplay is crap compared to APB(seen all kind of streams, its simply not a good formula for mmo, unless RP<which i hate>).
You just can't compare single player games with authentic mmo's!
I enjoyed GTA V as a one time unique experience, but would never enjoy it as a mmo EVER!!!
You just can't compare APB to GTA V, APB is simply unique formula(LO knows it, we all do), and i highly doubt there will EVER be anything close to it in the next decade!
That's why we keep coming back!

7 minutes ago, Vnight said:
APB is simply unique formula(LO knows it, we all do), and i highly doubt there will EVER be anything close to it in the next decade!
Of course there wont be, the game failed twice, and was never ever popular.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
2 hours ago, Vnight said:
APB is simply unique formula(LO knows it, we all do), and i highly doubt there will EVER be anything close to it in the next decade!
Of course there wont be, the game failed twice, and was never ever popular.
It was back when it got allot of publicity all over the place, its how i got into it.
I saw some awesome top mmos suggestions back then, but this one was on monthly fee, so i gave it up when it launched.
But as soon as i heard it became free to play, i instantly joined, and since then i was in a loop of comebacks.
Truth is... as a noob... this game is freaking hard, so it took years of dumping it and returning every now and then, cuz this is really the most challenging game i ever played.
It was never sorted very good among the hardcore and noob players, so the harder it gets the more addicting it can be for some of us persistent folks... i mean most will dump it as soon as they see their butts constantly being handled to them. 
I never learned how to accept losing... i never accepted the fact that this game defeated me... and most likely permanently, cuz i never managed to leave it for good.
I also never managed to be considerably good at it either... but till it gets me banned or it dies, i will not be able to leave it, its one of the most challenging and entertaining games i ever experienced so far. Edited by Vnight
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vnight said:
It was back when it got allot of publicity all over the place
RTW had something around 100k players i think, but g1 apb never broke 7k peak players afaik

48 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
1 hour ago, Vnight said:
It was back when it got allot of publicity all over the place
RTW had something around 100k players i think, but g1 apb never broke 7k peak players afaik
This game never really had good development... probably because it was never expected much of it.
The mass expectations constantly increases, as technology has boosted substantially in the last two decades.
LO took a very big challenge investing in this game, i hope they will eventually catch up... so much frustration from the community...  (feels guilty)

All i wish from APB is that it stops stuttering. thanks. ❤️ and randomly freezing.

• Like 1

The loading screen that you get before you get to the login screen seems to now take 4 times as long as it did before the recent patch.

Sign in to follow this