Dezire

citadel on mitigation?

so when are you gonna take citadel off of mitigation? shits laggy as ever

23 minutes ago, Jewer said:

When the ddos attack stops 🙂

2 hours ago, Jewer said:

When the ddos attack stops 🙂

We have been off mitigation for nearly a month. Unfortunately we were hit by a significant DDoS yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no disrespect ment but if they cant stop someone from messin with the servers ..how can they stop in game cheaters??

The servers have been shit for 17h consecutively and nothing has been done, just this little quiet message that the did infact get ddosed... Mmhm... Way to alleviate the issue there... The game has had teleports for almost 2 days. And nothing, literally nothing. Is done to fix the issue.

Edited by spher3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

We have been off mitigation for nearly a month. Unfortunately we were hit by a significant DDoS yesterday. 

That DDoS is apparently still going then since Asylum EN1 in Citadel just crashed lol
EDIT: not only Asylum lol, seems the whole Citadel got bombed. Edited by Haganu

1 hour ago, Birmingham said:

no disrespect ment but if they cant stop someone from messin with the servers ..how can they stop in game cheaters??

These are 2 completely different things dude, why bring up cheaters in this thread?
1 hour ago, spher3 said:

The servers have been shit for 17h consecutively and nothing has been done, just this little quiet message that the did infact get ddosed... Mmhm... Way to alleviate the issue there... The game has had teleports for almost 2 days. And nothing, literally nothing. Is done to fix the issue.

How do you know they've done nothing? Your dad works there? You do? Do you have a suggestion to help dealing with DDoS? If you answer is no to all of my questions just shut up and deal with DDoS like we all do. We all know it's annoying and sh*t but spreading toxicity on the forum isn't doing any help to combat it.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:
These are 2 completely different things dude, why bring up cheaters in this thread? How do you know they've done nothing? Your dad works there? You do? Do you have a suggestion to help dealing with DDoS? If you answer is no to all of my questions just shut up and deal with DDoS like we all do. We all know it's annoying and sh*t but spreading toxicity on the forum isn't doing any help to combat it.
My dad is Little Orbit... eNjOy YoUr bAn.

1 hour ago, DouglasFalcon said:
These are 2 completely different things dude, why bring up cheaters in this thread? How do you know they've done nothing? Your dad works there? You do? Do you have a suggestion to help dealing with DDoS? If you answer is no to all of my questions just shut up and deal with DDoS like we all do. We all know it's annoying and sh*t but spreading toxicity on the forum isn't doing any help to combat it.
So ur the forum police? It's pretty fucking clear that nothing have been done yet. Nothing has changed. If something had been done we would not have these hiccups for 24h still going strong, but I guess this is APB, logic doesn't apply. Maybe they have done something to combat it, but as it's clearly not working, mitigation should be enabled and some other solution should be dug up. I'm sure theyre looking into it, but sometimes a temporary solution is better than none. In this case enabling mitigation would be better than the teleportfest that's been going strong for more than a full day.
  • Thanks 1

and just today I saw a group of 3 new players driving around in their car... guess they'll never touch this game again after today, RIP.

seriously though, when the server is lagging like crazy, can we get some days of premium compensated, please?
I really don't like my premium running out while I can't even play the game cuz of these lags...

(inb4 it's raining downvotes - "DON'T BE GREEDY OMG") 644.0

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Birmingham said:

ddos happens server side, cheats happen client side

i guess theoretically the entire game could be server side (and thus "unhackable") but you would need an insane amount of bandwidth just to play since you would be streaming literally everything, and you'd still have that second or two delay before any action you do is taken on your screen (similar to how cars have a second or two of steering delay, except for everything)