mongoose

freaking cheaters!!!1!

10 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

But really, you need proof to do anything, and with dethreating there is only one actual proof, and thats admitting it. I'm not defending the practice, but I'm sure you are well aware, there are a lot of people who straddle the line between gold and silver, or those who are silver and go gold because of too many fights with bronzes etc.

realistically, since we still have fairfight i dont think it should be that hard to look at a given player's stats and see the discrepancies - unlike players who straddle the gold/silver borderline, dethreating isnt a matter of a bad match or two here and there

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
16 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

But really, you need proof to do anything, and with dethreating there is only one actual proof, and thats admitting it. I'm not defending the practice, but I'm sure you are well aware, there are a lot of people who straddle the line between gold and silver, or those who are silver and go gold because of too many fights with bronzes etc.

realistically, since we still have fairfight i dont think it should be that hard to look at a given player's stats and see the discrepancies - unlike players who straddle the gold/silver borderline, dethreating isnt a matter of a bad match or two here and there
If someone who only does well in bronze gets gold, then has to go to silver district, and run up against the best players possibly, wouldn't that look like such a discrepancy? So possibly ban people when they already spent all day in gold getting wrecked?
The threat system is totally broken right now IMO, trying to fix the system would be a much better use of time than trying to figure out who may be trying to take advantage of it.

2 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

If someone who only does well in bronze gets gold, then has to go to silver district, and run up against the best players possibly, wouldn't that look like such a discrepancy? So possibly ban people when they already spent all day in gold getting wrecked?
The threat system is totally broken right now IMO, trying to fix the system would be a much better use of time than trying to figure out who may be trying to take advantage of it.

no reason both cant be done, taking action against dethreaters while fixing the issues that "cause" dethreating in the first place sounds fine to me

Hi everyone,

We aren’t ignoring the DT problem or cheaters.  

We needed to launch the new Trading System because the new Report system uses some of the same underlying logic.

I’m not going to make excuses. I see the same reports as everyone else. We are doing our best. We’re just running behind.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We needed to launch the new Trading System because the new Report system uses some of the same underlying logic.

/report mattscott trade scam :^)
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I’m not going to make excuses. I see the same reports as everyone else. We are doing our best. We’re just running behind.

Thanks,
Matt

That'll be nice to see soon too, thanks for the update!

On 9/23/2018 at 7:34 PM, jarko said:
cf6c1e4edb9a6fd28b5302078998ee8b--know-y
hello bait, this is dad, nice to meet you.

16 hours ago, Gunsei said:
Fix matchmaking and the threat system will work properly because for the people who dethreat to get into bronze then turn back to gold, the only matches they will get is against other people who have done the same.

22 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

That's ok that it is taking a little longer Matt.
It is to be expected since plans can always be changed by the unexpected  that comes up.
Once all of this is completed APB can have real content and graphic updates that we desperately need to bring  players back.

40 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
It is to be expected since plans can always be changed by the unexpected  that comes up.
Once all of this is completed APB can have real content and graphic updates that we desperately need to bring  players back.
This guy... unreal.

so, in future would it be possible to report a gold, if he is in silver district ?

i understand LO is trying to make things right but i havent seen any good changes, men is hard to have faith in this kind of updates lol 

On 9/25/2018 at 2:19 AM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

please dont let APB:R die again.. 

4 hours ago, SK4LP said:

so, in future would it be possible to report a gold, if he is in silver district ?

are you crazy? like theres full gold districts.

54 minutes ago, EMilika said:
5 hours ago, SK4LP said:

are you crazy? like theres full gold districts.
To be fair, the reason the gold districts aren't populated is because golds refuse to go there....

1 minute ago, Vipertechs said:

To be fair, the reason the gold districts aren't populated is because golds refuse to go there....

theres barely a silver district up at all times and you want to split the population up even more?

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
This guy... unreal.
sour puss 😛

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by being such a brown tongue.

Constructive criticism is far better than pretending evreything is ok when it's not, what you're doing is something akin to sweeping the mess under the rug.

If you are toally blind to the game's faults those faults will eventually turn around and bite you, it's better to accept that they exist and open up a dialogue
that way they at least have a chance of being fixed. Whether you realise it or not your blind adoration for the devs is far more destructive than any criticism. Edited by TheDogCatcher

2 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by being such a brown tongue.

Constructive criticism is far better than pretending evreything is ok when it's not, what you're doing is something akin to sweeping the mess under the rug.

If you are toally blind to the game's faults those faults will eventually turn around and bite you, it's better to accept that they exist and open up a dialogue
that way they at least have a chance of being fixed. Whether you realise it or not your blind adoration for the devs is far more destructive than any criticism.
More like  I'm not stale  like you and know it  takes hard work rather than  "entitlement"
Rome was not built in a day

Btw did you bother reading up on the updated road map? If so then give them some room. They've done more than just what was expected.
They cant even have a sick day because of your whip cracking because it would set them back from your unrealistic expectations
  Edited by Fortune Runner

21 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
More like  I'm not stale  like you and know it  takes hard work rather than  "entitlement"
Rome was not built in a day

Btw did you bother reading up on the updated road map? If so then give them some room. They've done more than just what was expected.
They cant even have a sick day because of your whip cracking because it would set them back from your unrealistic expectations

I dunno what any of that is supposed to mean, all I see is the population of citadel (you know, that server that the majority of the population plays on )  dropping day by day, it's getting abysmal now.

As much as I love this game I really can't see it lasting much longer, I don't care about roadmaps etc. they're totally irrelevant - if nobody is playing they mean nothing. What I care about is what is happening here and now and it ain't good, I've seen games die before and APB is displaying the exact same pattern.

My expectations are far from unrealistic unless you call a company doing their job properly unrealistic. Your expectations must be bargain basement low if you think this is ok and I don't think the majority of players share them.

Do you even have any understanding of how game development works ? I've worked in this industry for 18 years and I can tell you quite categorically that LO are f'ing up big time. Edited by TheDogCatcher

You say 18 years in the game industry and don't care about road maps?
You don't sound important at all if road maps which by the way is exactly what has been going on are irrelevant....
A game that's lasted 10 years+ then bought out by a new company that rushes one single gun balance does not scream dead game.
Although APB by far does not have high numbers it sure isn't dead either or you wouldn't be here being a wet blanket
Little Orbit has been working on APB and has done more than just keep their promises and the road map you call irrelevant is how real people in the game industry keep track of anything they are doing
I don't believe you at all on anything you said or will say now... too many suspicious things from you just now.

12 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:
I dunno what any of that is supposed to mean, all I see is the population of citadel (you know, that server that the majority of the population plays on )  dropping day by day, it's getting abysmal now.

As much as I love this game I really can't see it lasting much longer, I don't care about roadmaps etc. they're totally irrelevant - if nobody is playing they mean nothing. What I care about is what is happening here and now and it ain't good, I've seen games die before and APB is displaying the exact same pattern.

My expectations are far from unrealistic unless you call a company doing their job properly unrealistic. Your expectations must be bargain basement low if you think this is ok and I don't think the majority of players share them.

Do you even have any understanding of how game development works ? I've worked in this industry for 18 years and I can tell you quite categorically that LO are f'ing up big time.
Name yours company or gtfo. People like you... god.

17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

You say 18 years in the game industry and don't care about road maps?
You don't sound important at all if road maps which by the way is exactly what has been going on are irrelevant....
A game that's lasted 10 years+ then bought out by a new company that rushes one single gun balance does not scream dead game.
Although APB by far does not have high numbers it sure isn't dead either or you wouldn't be here being a wet blanket
Little Orbit has been working on APB and has done more than just keep their promises and the road map you call irrelevant is how real people in the game industry keep track of anything they are doing
I don't believe you at all on anything you said or will say now... too many suspicious things from you just now.

yeah maybe I phrased that badly, what I meant was that there's not much point in having a long term vision when you're short term future is far from certain, fix the immediate problems before worrying about what you'll be doing several months down the road. If you can't get the short term stuff right there will be no long term, end of.

and honestly if you think I care about your opinion of me you are very much mistaken.

I care about this game because I have invested quite a bit of money in it over the years, that is all.

3 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:
yeah maybe I phrased that badly, what I meant was that there's not much point in having a long term vision when you're short term future is far from certain, fix the immediate problems before worrying about what you'll be doing several months down the road. If you can't get the short term stuff right there will be no long term, end of.

and honestly if you think I care about your opinion of me you are very much mistaken.

I care about this game because I have invested quite a bit of money in it over the years, that is all.
ok now it is phrased much better and more clear that you didn't mean it how it was implied before. much better. and my apologies.

The roadmap covers to the year for the unreal 3.5 update and other bugs/exploits they are fixing before then as well as any content added or adjusted.
They've kept to it accurately as well as other things we didn't notice that they did and told us about it in the progress updates.
I lost count how much money I spent ages ago but since they are working hard I don't mind spending more on what I want.

This engine upgrade that they almost  have completed will fix most of what ails APB currently. it is critical for it to finish which is why the roadmap is saying they are aiming for the end of the year for the 3.5 update to be ready. After that the 4.0+ can be done and new districts/contacts/content/graphics and so on will be able to be done which means more people will want to stay.

If they weren't pushing so hard to finish the 3.5 I wouldn't believe in them at all since it is a critical system needed like people need lungs to breathe...gotta have it or certain death.
G1 bailed on the update so it was obvious they were bull #$$%^
Little Orbit is trying hard to do the 3.5 engine update and if they need  sick day /maternity leave/ family grievance/ or whatever it will only slow things down but that's a necessity for good reasons then.

Which is exactly why i said to MattScott that I don't mind if something comes up to slow it down a little because life happens and I'm understanding enough to see this.

Edited because typos suck and marbled eggs look yummy (not good to multitask food and this) Edited by Fortune Runner

ok now it is phrased much better and more clear that you didn't mean it how it was implied before. much better. and my apologies.

The roadmap covers to the year for the unreal 3.5 update and other bugs/exploits they are fixing before then as well as any content added or adjusted.
They've kept to it accurately as well as other things we didn't notice that they did and told us about it in the progress updates.
I lost count how much money I spent ages ago but since they are working hard I don't mind spending more on what I want.

This engine upgrade that they almost  have completed will fix most of what ails APB currently. it is critical for it to finish which is why the roadmap is saying they are aiming for the end of the year for the 3.5 update to be ready. After that the 4.0+ can be done and new districts/contacts/content/graphics and so on will be able to be done which means more people will want to stay.

If they weren't pushing so hard to finish the 3.5 I wouldn't believe in them at all since it is a critical system needed like people need lungs to breathe...gotta have it or certain death.
G1 bailed on the update so it was obvious they were bull #$$%^
Little Orbit is trying hard to do the 3.5 engine update and if they need  sick day /maternity leave/ family grievance/ or whatever it will only slow things down but that's a necessity for good reasons then.

Which is exactly why i said to MattScott that I don't mind if something comes up to slow it down a little because life happens and I'm understanding enough to see this.

heh, maybe we can have a civilised discussion on these forums, whoever would have thought ..

It's obvious we both care quite a bit about this game, and honestly I think LO has a big enough and capable enough team to deliver on
some of the more ambitious things like the engine upgrade etc.

My focus however is more on the smaller things, they are just as important as the big ambitious things if not moreso , it's those things that players see when they
first enter the game and it's those things that will shape their opinion of it. They don't see the potential for the future, hell there's a good chance they won't even
be aware of the devs long term plans, as the old saying goes first impressions last.

You may well be fine with LO's little hiccups but I'm guessing that the majority of players are far less tolerant and it's those guys you've gotta convince.

New and returning players are gonna see things like shotguns being broken and not getting fixed for a couple of weeks and will immediately assume those
guys suck and move on.

It's things like this that give me cause for concern and I feel like it's my duty to the game and to the devs to speak out about them. I know it looks like
I'm being negative all the time, but criticism and feedback play a very important role in the creative process, nobody is perfect and we all learn by our
mistakes but only when we realise we've actually made a mistake and sometimes we need to have that pointed out to us.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1