jarko

HAN migration to Jericho

Hi,

Referring to this spoiler i'd like to ask a few question to clarify the confusion of certain persons.

@MattScott @Lixil

I think that right now the community is very fragmented and certainly with respect to Han, that is a low population world server. We are absolutely looking at trying to help them, if only for the moment. I think Gamersfirst needs to take the bullet on mishandeling where those servers went and slowly killing that population. In the near future, now it’s not going to be the next thirty days, but hopefully in the near future we’re going to give all of the Han players the ability to migrate to Jericho and play with other players. The russian server is a bit of a challenge because there’s some unique things those players have so we have to balance that but I would love to see in the future an open sort of character transfer system, that maybe you can’t use it all the time or it has limits around it. But I would love to see players be able to congregate and have a great experience. It cannot be any fun playing on Han right now, where you’re playing the same 25, 26 people over and over and over.

1. Where is Jericho actually located now? * It was never clarified as to where it was actually located *

2. If a person from HAN isn't having the appropriate  latency he should have.. obviously the major response would be " He needs to verify the stability of his internet via his internet service provider. "

The question is : Can we troubleshoot on our end to verify if the stability of the server is stable for us individually? If not is there a way of verifying this somehow through support & if yes what do we have to share with you to simplify the ticket. 

3. Could we have more details on our latency that would be relevant to some usual issues that peoples are having? 

* I remember that /fpsdetails was disabled due to the fact that the devs didn't see any benefit.* Correct me if i'm wrong but i think we also had /latencytest. I can't remember especially what the usage of it was in the beginning but i think that we possess the tools but they are just either disabled or useless for now.

That's all for now

Regards,

Well sadly right now Jericho is in ruin. The server has been glitching hard for atleast a week now. Some people claim its being DDoS'd. I spoke with a GM in social about it. To which i was given a lawyer response not confirming or denying that there is even a issue other then "Networking hasnt said there is any problems"

Only command ive seen that might assist you is the /fps command. shows a few different sets of ms between the server and you. Given the ping im receiving. I would assume its currently in Kansas City. But the most likely hub for servers is in Chicago but their network has been cluttered for years.

Edited by EnragedLlamaTV

I might be able to answer #1 based on what I've heard: Jericho is in Texas.

Might not be true, but it's what I've heard other people say.

1 minute ago, Freewind said:

I might be able to answer #1 based on what I've heard: Jericho is in Texas.

Might not be true, but it's what I've heard other people say.

Texas could be correct. Its Mid or South central from what I can tell. Texas is actually a really great hub for the majority of the states and doesnt have huge congestion. Sadly people outside of the states will run into some issues getting routed through the West coast( LA area then to texas) and East coast (NY to Chicago then down to texas) both offering up large amounts of congestion to bog up the connection.

i’m pretty sure jericho was confirmed as being in dallas texas wasn’t it?

Jericho is in Dallas, Texas. Middle of the US, not a better spot for a US server than smack dab in the middle 

Hope LO consider the fact that not all Han players want to be transfered to Jericho, some of us prefer Citadel. I have 3 useless characters in Han since years, I won't like to have them in Jericho in the same way again.

59 minutes ago, Sinista said:

Hope LO consider the fact that not all Han players want to be transfered to Jericho, some of us prefer Citadel. I have 3 useless characters in Han since years, I won't like to have them in Jericho in the same way again.

jericho or citadel whatever you choose is 100% better than Han

From memory, after the merger Jericho was set up in Dallas yes. Lots of people complained back then in regard. They said the governor of Texas prefers to spend public funds on strip clubs instead of the network. Dallas data centers are "allegedly" (i say this from what the comm said back then, rather than actual fact) cheaper than other providers in the US because they are not as good.

Han died soo many times.

change from China to California.

change from california to Australia 

change from Australia to singapore

change from Singapore to Japan.

RIP population it dies in Japan.

Many players who play on han and plays on Jericho would probably get minimal at 190-200ms or worst if they have routing issue can go at 300 (Korea ping 400ms)

I still have issues with lantecy on Jericho I get 290ms when stabled ,but when the server has spike lag I get back my original 190ms consistently??

Fix please ?

Average connection to Jericho

New Zealand = 160-200ms

Australian = 190-230ms

Singapore = 200 - 250ms

taiwan = 190-200ms

china = 190-200ms

japan = 130-150ms 

*some players connection can be worst bad routing

Edited by Deadliest

Move HAN to Australia or Singapore. Or move Jericho to California.

Dallas servers are not playable for Asian/Oceanic people.

• Like 1

Speaking from my experience with League of Legends (Prior to the game going to shit but that's not relevant.) you do not want to put the servers in California. It makes things incredibly shitty for east coast NA players. We need more than Jericho and Citadel because cramming everyone onto these servers is obviously not a fun time for everyone. I get people telling me all the time that they're playing with 200+ latency and are telling me to shut up about playing with 50-100 latency as an NA player when I'm already warping around and not having an enjoyable time where I could go play Planetside 2 and have no ping issues. (I also pay for the fastest internet available in my area and have a wired connection with the best cable I can reasonably afford. It is VERY LITERALLY not my problem that my connection is bad.)

We NEED to have more regional servers. Kinda the only way to not have the game be shitty for everyone involved.

Cramming everyone into the same two servers has consistently proven to provide a shitty experience for everyone involved. I've seen the mass grumbling from Jericho English speakers about foreign languages spamming up district chats, and at the same time I can only imagine that playing with 200+ latency isn't fun. Unless you like having a shitty experience or something. Moving the NA server to the edge of america is going to pretty much cut off everyone that's not on that edge. You move it to California, and you can kiss everyone that played on Joker (Or whatever NA East used to be) goodbye.

There's no simple "Just move it here" fix for servers. Someone, somewhere, is going to have a shitty time if we stick with only having two big servers. We need more servers to accommodate the regions that have suitable population and in a central enough location to provide equal latency to those that don't. It's gonna take time and it's gonna be expensive, but if we can do that it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archon said:

Jericho is in Dallas, Texas. Middle of the US, not a better spot for a US server than smack dab in the middle 

That explains my ping, I'm not all that far from Dallas as the photon flies.

9 hours ago, jarko said:

Hi,

Referring to this spoiler i'd like to ask a few question to clarify the confusion of certain persons.

@MattScott @Lixil

Hide contents

I think that right now the community is very fragmented and certainly with respect to Han, that is a low population world server. We are absolutely looking at trying to help them, if only for the moment. I think Gamersfirst needs to take the bullet on mishandeling where those servers went and slowly killing that population. In the near future, now it’s not going to be the next thirty days, but hopefully in the near future we’re going to give all of the Han players the ability to migrate to Jericho and play with other players. The russian server is a bit of a challenge because there’s some unique things those players have so we have to balance that but I would love to see in the future an open sort of character transfer system, that maybe you can’t use it all the time or it has limits around it. But I would love to see players be able to congregate and have a great experience. It cannot be any fun playing on Han right now, where you’re playing the same 25, 26 people over and over and over.

1. Where is Jericho actually located now? * It was never clarified as to where it was actually located *

2. If a person from HAN isn't having the appropriate  latency he should have.. obviously the major response would be " He needs to verify the stability of his internet via his internet service provider. "

The question is : Can we troubleshoot on our end to verify if the stability of the server is stable for us individually? If not is there a way of verifying this somehow through support & if yes what do we have to share with you to simplify the ticket. 

3. Could we have more details on our latency that would be relevant to some usual issues that peoples are having? 

* I remember that /fpsdetails was disabled due to the fact that the devs didn't see any benefit.* Correct me if i'm wrong but i think we also had /latencytest. I can't remember especially what the usage of it was in the beginning but i think that we possess the tools but they are just either disabled or useless for now.

That's all for now

Regards,

that's actually quite bad considering i created a entirely new character to play on Han due to the shift in Colby's (Jericho) location that caused my latency to shoot up to perhaps unplayable numbers.

9 hours ago, jarko said:

Hi,

@MattScott @Lixil

Reveal hidden contents

That's all for now

Regards,

You made a great point that only vet's would remember, they modified the /fps to hide certain details, I don't even use it because it lies most of the time. Apparently I get 25 ping in texas, neat, didn't know I was in a sub-space rift.

5 hours ago, Deadliest said:

I still have issues with lantecy on Jericho I get 290ms when stabled ,but when the server has spike lag I get back my original 190ms consistently??

Exact same issue.

Have always mained Jericho/Colby and started off with a stable 160ms. 

Various patches later and it now sits at 290ms / 300ms consistently which is unplayable.

I remember writing to support asking what had changed but their response was only to get me to troubleshoot my internet which has not changed in years and works perfectly with everything else. So really it's odd to me.

Also when Jericho was having 'ddos' attacks my latency went back to normal?

Real weird stuff.

On Topic:

Han was best suited in Singapore. It was a good middle ground between Asia/Aus./NZ and provided relatively even latency for everyone.

Currently it's trying to cater to a player-base that doesn't really exist. Makes more sense to pull as many regions as possible.

7 minutes ago, UpholdThePeace said:

On Topic:

Han was best suited in Singapore. It was a good middle ground between Asia/Aus./NZ and provided relatively even latency for everyone.

Currently it's trying to cater to a player-base that doesn't really exist. Makes more sense to pull as many regions as possible.

Yes, exactly. G1 tried to cater to a player base that was non-existent. A majority of the players on HAN aren't Asian they're Australian/NZ. It doesn't make sense to move it back to Singapore because there is absolutely no guarantee that we'll be getting an Asian player base anytime soon. Matt Scott confirmed himself during the QnA, this isn't verbatim but he pretty much said that because of a poor decision making process of moving the servers around they effectively killed off the player base. But the only time HAN was last populated was when it was based in Australia.

If they decide if they wanna keep it where it is, fine. If they wanna move it back to Singapore, also fine. But please Little Orbit, don't decide that the best course is to get rid of the server and then move everyone to Jericho. I already play there, I don't enjoy it, but it's the only way I can play this game and have people to regularly play against. 

Even on the server we played on we don't get the appropriate latency we suppose to have lol.

Han offically dead 2k18.  no more peak population 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Even on the server we played on we don't get the appropriate latency we suppose to have lol.

Han offically dead 2k18.  no more peak population 

Newest Peak: 10 people1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

Newest Peak: 10 people1

not a welcoming population to come back for old players seeing just bronze district. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

Placing the server in Australia would be stronger, but maybe hosting costs will be cheaper if it was set to singapore

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, jarko said:

Hi,

@MattScott @Lixil

Hide contents

That's all for now

Regards,

im going to talk from ignorance here, as im not very savvy in networking.

at some point (when jericho came to life), they gave us jericho's IP to check the ping

if there really is a problem on your end, may be you can do a tracert to check it? (for those who dont know, tracert will show you the "road" your packages take from your computer to apb servers, and how much time it takes them to reach every router, or "hop")

2D524EA900000578-0-image-a-34_1444648428

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

iirc when Han was moved to Japan we were told it was because Japan was closer to the majority of Han players

and as far as the stable ping during DDoS, wasnt there some thing about mitigation making things worse the closer you were to the server and better the further?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

iirc when Han was moved to Japan we were told it was because Japan was closer to the majority of Han players

and as far as the stable ping during DDoS, wasnt there some thing about mitigation making things worse the closer you were to the server and better the further?

Han is so dead that most of us don't even know what is going on at the server, and it is not really closer to the majority as the majority of the players are from South East Asia, Australia and Hong Kong, most of the Japanese players are in Jericho

• Like 1