AWBtwo

Population crisis.....

48 minutes ago, displacement said:
1 hour ago, Mitne said:
And today new Master among 100 is our (insert dictionary word) thanks to his triggerbot/aimbot/wallhack/all of above (choose), joining the elite of cheating elite!1!
But in all honesty, how you imagine that master being given? On what basis? Just because you killed silver team based on current matchmaking, you can be gold. So... how do you want to solve it? Master championships? And gold threat already punishes golds... now let's punish the best by matching them up with cheaters? Will be fun... Eherm... also this will make dethreating problem even worse.
Why would you even dethreat when it's a ranked mode? I'm pretty sure my post lacked information but what I'm really taking about is a "new" mode, with ranked threats making you able to grind from bronze to masters. I'm not talking about the grind we have atm, I'm talking about points. MMR-based matchmaking, the kind of stuff that almost every new game has. If you're a casual player and don't want to play ranked mode, the open-district would be your solution, that's all. I'm giving some ideas based on what I've seen on other games, I'm just a player that wanted to see new stuff on this game. Anyway, to make my idea possible they would have create a lot of stuff and I don't think it would be possible even with the new engine. I'm sorry if I didn't add anything useful to this thread, I was just dreaming without considerating our current situation.
So... CS:GO?
It won't work.

6 hours ago, Similarities said:
9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is a 9 year old game. What do you expect. APB never hit that high of a population and it is a miracle it has actually gone on this long. 

FFXI has a larger population currently, it came out over 15 years ago and still runs on a subscription-based service, it also aged way worse graphically and mechanically than APB has, "the game is old XD!" isn't an excuse for the game being dog shit and never will be.

Now go compare the starting population of FF to the starting population of APB.

17 hours ago, Tosei said:

people quit because no new contents, such as new clothes and events, not really all about gameplay tbh

I quit in 2015 only because of lack of optimization and polish and developers laziness under Gamersfirst's management so the game felt stuck in the beta forever. I only came back because I have hope in Little Orbit.

18 hours ago, AWBtwo said:

I don't want to turn this into an essay so I'm going to keep this as short and on point as possible. The problem I'm addressing is the unhealthy population apb has currently. I understand there's a lot of factors and potential fixes to get apb back to its former glory, but I think the real solution as of now is the removal of threat colors. At its peak, bronze silver and gold made sense to provide fair game play. Most of us forgot about the max threat player. Most of us forget about the friends and enemies we played with who used cheats to rank up and get to gold ten. Unfortunately the best days are behind us and the ones who are left and are gold basically are bared on the sidelines because there are no servers for us to play on. We can't even dethreat because there's no physical way to even make it happen without asking friends to let us lose. Segregation is just a bad idea at this point in apb life. We need to bring back the days when 4 bronze players faced 2 golds. Or the big team battles of rtw when you'd have so many players in one match the whole server was playing one mission. Maybe the only way to go foward, is to go back. Thanks for reading....

You can also thank Tiggs. Those people (including me) that remained banned for months and years learnt how to live without APB while being hardcore addicts before.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
3 hours ago, displacement said:

Just imagine APB with more threats like Bronze 1 - 3, Silver 1 - 5, Gold 1- 10

friendly reminder that each threat color still has 10 threat levels, it’s just not visually shown
I honestly thought this was a joke on his part.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
friendly reminder that each threat color still has 10 threat levels, it’s just not visually shown
Do people say this comes into play in matchmaking however; I've yet to see any evidence that it does. 

4 minutes ago, Archon said:
Do people say this comes into play in matchmaking however; I've yet to see any evidence that it does. 
yes

the problem is that the matchmaking system only has so many players to work with, once it cant find that perfect 4 gold5 vs 4 gold5 match it starts to work its way through the second best, third best, fourth best, and so on

eventually you end up with 4 gold5 vs 1 gold5, 2 silver6, and 1 bronze9 or something, simply because that was the fairest matchup possible with the available players - the alternative is waiting potentially hours with no opp if you're "too good" at the game

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

5 minutes ago, Archon said:
2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
You've never seen golds vs silvers?
This is because Gold 1 and Silver 10 are basically the same thing.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
You've never seen golds vs silvers?
This is because Gold 1 and Silver 10 are basically the same thing.
That's literally what I always see and why I say that; I continually see clearly skilled 2 high golds vs. 2 silvers, if the 1-10 played a factor then why is backup not allowed for the silvers? Edited by Archon

1 minute ago, Archon said:
That's literally what I always see and why I say that; I continually see clearly skilled 2 high golds vs. 2 silvers, if the 1-10 played a factor then why is backup not allowed for the silvers?
If backup is not allowed, the skill gap isnt there.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Still feels like such anecdotal evidence, and I mean, also hardly makes sense if the game thinks there's not enough skill gap between a high skilled gold and any silver.... unless somehow the cheaters who got banned and never returned are hoarding all the gold threat over 5 or... something

Either way threat is oofed so bad it makes it unfair and devoid of fun for the lower skilled players Edited by Archon

2 minutes ago, Archon said:
6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Still feels like such anecdotal evidence, and I mean, also hardly makes sense if the game thinks there's not enough skill gap between a high skilled gold and any silver.... unless somehow the cheaters who got banned and never returned are hoarding all the gold threat over 5 or something
Sorry I should have said "threat-based skill gap", and not just "skill gap".
One of the problems with threat in APB is how quickly changes in threat happen. This allows more frequent mistakes in threat rating.

tl;dr matchmaking works as intended, threat rating itself needs work

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Sorry I should have said "threat-based skill gap", and not just "skill gap"
Hum. I guess a larger pool of players are in the 'low gold' threat then I realized, even if they're skilled enough to feel like they should be a high gold? Garsh, I try not to accuse Reloaded Productions of incompetency, but I mean ._.

33 minutes ago, Archon said:
Hum. I guess a larger pool of players are in the 'low gold' threat then I realized, even if they're skilled enough to feel like they should be a high gold? Garsh, I try not to accuse Reloaded Productions of incompetency, but I mean ._.
threat levels are definitely skewed down skill wise, and are far too easily manipulated imo

Well, I see the problem. None of you can stay on topic. This isn't a charity drive for new players guys. I'm talking about being an average, non dethreating player and being unable to play. I don't care about " optimization, content, clothing, weapons, hackers and ect." Ffs just stay on topic

3 minutes ago, AWBtwo said:

Well, I see the problem. None of you can stay on topic. This isn't a charity drive for new players guys. I'm talking about being an average, non dethreating player and being unable to play. I don't care about " optimization, content, clothing, weapons, hackers and ect." Ffs just stay on topic

average gold player here, there was a 13v13 silver fin as the only available district for hours yesterday, still don’t want to run around stomping lowbies just so i can play

2 minutes ago, AWBtwo said:

My bad.
Removing threat will reward the small pool of good players and punish everyone else. Further decreasing an already dying population.
Yes the current systems punishes golds... but there are fewer golds than silvers and bronzes.

tl;dr Its a bad idea and you should feel bad for being the millionth person to suggest it

Discussing threat is on topic, because it being doodoo is a big reason people left; bad matchmaking = no fun = people leave

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
6 minutes ago, AWBtwo said:

average gold player here, there was a 13v13 silver fin as the only available district for hours yesterday, still don’t want to run around stomping lowbies just so i can play
then don't play. I work 60+ hours a week, in the middle of a major home remodel and have been named for the past 5 years. I'm not you mom bro, I don't care who or what game you want to play. Get a job and see what I adults see

Forgive my auto correct for butchering that*

From my perspective so far, we received only downgrades, i can't see anything as an actual plausible upgrade(perhaps the battleye, but i don't play silver districts) at least from my situation, i mean... i always had good fps, good latency, good everything... then out of the blue even more OP shotguns pop along, as they weren't op enough.
And the downgrades to IR which made that thing totally useless, i managed to do more kills without it than with it(both range and close range... unless you plan to sniper with ntec), so go figure.
Oh and now the ammo depleting when respawning, isn't that nice? I mean i never had that problem before, and the game went fluid, till now that i instantly get some red spawn message for the first time, and have to go waste around 5k to resupply my whole arsenal of weapons bullets. Meanwhile i had to lose at least 5 rounds cuz i didn't know wtf was going on(i never experienced that before). Imagine the noobs that won't know wtf is that thing, and will always spawn with extra handicap, and leave even faster than before.
I never knew what that bullet machines were all about, as they never made sense to begin with, but they were better when they were useless than now, that you have to worry for more handicap to your gameplay.
They are basically "fixing"most things that were never broken to begin with lol, making game experience worst than it was before.
I believe they should build some statistics usage program to figure out the most used and the most dumped things in this game, so that they can know what to fix, in order to be more appealing, and not be simply created and forgotten about... as they currently some are.

Edited by Vnight

13 minutes ago, AWBtwo said:

hen don't play. I work 60+ hours a week, in the middle of a major home remodel and have been named for the past 5 years. I'm not you mom bro, I don't care who or what game you want to play. Get a job and see what I adults see

Forgive my auto correct for butchering that*

if you were actually an adult maybe you would understand that ruining the majority’s gaming experience for the enjoyment of the minority (you, in this case) is pretty selfish

I wonder if this guy actually thought this was a new idea... that it hadn't been discussed and discarded repeatedly over the last several years.

... too funny

14 hours ago, thesamscout24 said:

Removing the threats from districts may be a good idea to try and unify the playerbase,

Nothing could ever unify this playerbase as long as the two extremes of playerskill are the main population still left playing, which are the people who are really good, and the new players/people who have hit their skill peak and sadly can't get better. The game is in shambles and it is getting fixed over time but what good is a working game if there's no new players to keep it healthy?

Sadly APB is now deader than flares . 😞

This game could have been born again but unfortunatley LO tried to run before they could walk

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing, and trying to fix that which is not broken is just moronic.

Edited by TheDogCatcher

18 hours ago, awb said:

i dont see why calling backup isnt just a built in feature. as in, your allowed to call at any time you feel necessary as long as theres a full min left on the clock. 

I actually like this idea, or at least make it standard in 1v1 and 2v2 missions, then let the system decide if each team is "fair" and needs backup.