AWBtwo

Population crisis.....

On 9/20/2018 at 8:17 PM, BXNNXD said:

allowing golds to freely stomp bronzes is only going to make the population even more unhealthy

It's a shame we can't go back to a time when the notion of matchmaking didn't even exist because this was never an issue in the days of Counter-Strike and Team Fortress.  Everyone played together, good or bad.  Matchmaking has just lead to entitlement and hand-holding instead of just playing.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mynd said:
It's a shame we can't go back to a time when the notion of matchmaking didn't even exist because this was never an issue in the days of Counter-Strike and Team Fortress.  Everyone played together, good or bad.  Matchmaking has just lead to entitlement and hand-holding instead of just playing.
the biggest difference i can think of is that in apb its almost always the same team composed of the same players thats stomping you over and over while in csgo its pretty rare for that to happen, at least in my experience

and while the end result is basically the same, at least in csgo's case that player rotation allows you to see people of different skill levels 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

18 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

while in csgo

Further back than that.  CSGO is a terrible iteration of Counter-Strike.  I'm a purist here.

2 minutes ago, mynd said:
Further back than that.  CSGO is a terrible iteration of Counter-Strike.  I'm a purist here.
ah

played very little counter strike before csgo and so long ago that its pretty hard to remember tbh, but i think my point still stands

On 9/21/2018 at 1:42 AM, Tosei said:

people quit because no new contents, such as new clothes and events, not really all about gameplay tbh

You are so far off its insane, people quit because of the new content in the game.
You've been given pretty much everything you've asked for on the forums and then everyone pretends they never asked for it.

apb players dont know what they want, so much bias and misinformation in the "community".

• Like 1

But I was told that fixing the shotgun balance would bring back 4000+ players!!

You want to know why nobody plays APB? The community is honestly the worst I've ever seen.
Just as an example, yesterday night while leveling up an alt (Gold in the mid-100s) I had a lovely encounter with a much higher ranked player that by his own admission had been forcing people into 1vs1 all night (which is a banana move in itself, but that's another story). During the whole match he'd call me out critiquing my weapon choices, the ways I killed him, trash talking, and generally being very a terrible sport despite very easily leading the game (I was pretty much being slaughtered tbh, no use in denying it). At first I thought it was an 'internet tough guy' gimmick but I quickly realized he was serious.

Mission ends in a VIP phase which I barely win due to the game being stacked against him, he then just goes on a tirade with the same argument as before. We both move districts (low population) and I find him doing the same thing in district chat with other people.

I've played really toxic games in the past and this takes the cake for me. Imagine downloading the game, going to the fullest instance to get more opposition and getting this guy as your first match.

Edited by Rikard86
  • Like 2

People quit APB because of no new content, no new maps, not even new contacts in several years.
And all the "new weapons" that they release are nothing but reskins of old ones.
The game is great, but because of incompetent developers nothing new has been released since RTW sold it.

15 minutes ago, nattsvart_katt said:

also there is no way for clans to compete against each other, there should be some kind of system to set up clanwars

You don't want clanwars in an environment that is 95% random

20 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
35 minutes ago, nattsvart_katt said:

also there is no way for clans to compete against each other, there should be some kind of system to set up clanwars

You don't want clanwars in an environment that is 95% random
nothing is random

1 hour ago, nattsvart_katt said:

People quit APB because of no new content, no new maps, not even new contacts in several years.
And all the "new weapons" that they release are nothing but reskins of old ones.
The game is great, but because of incompetent developers nothing new has been released since RTW sold it.

That's because of the upper management. After some time they simply decided to monetize every possible work hour. Devs probably had much better intentions but it wasn't up to them to decide what to do at job.

1 hour ago, Rikard86 said:

But I was told that fixing the shotgun balance would bring back 4000+ players!!

You want to know why nobody plays APB? The community is honestly the worst I've ever seen.
Just as an example, yesterday night while leveling up an alt (Gold in the mid-100s) I had a lovely encounter with a much higher ranked player that by his own admission had been forcing people into 1vs1 all night (which is a banana move in itself, but that's another story). During the whole match he'd call me out critiquing my weapon choices, the ways I killed him, trash talking, and generally being very a terrible sport despite very easily leading the game (I was pretty much being slaughtered tbh, no use in denying it). At first I thought it was an 'internet tough guy' gimmick but I quickly realized he was serious.

Mission ends in a VIP phase which I barely win due to the game being stacked against him, he then just goes on a tirade with the same argument as before. We both move districts (low population) and I find him doing the same thing in district chat with other people.

I've played really toxic games in the past and this takes the cake for me. Imagine downloading the game, going to the fullest instance to get more opposition and getting this guy as your first match.

Imagine first letting this bother you, and second not putting him on ignore. 

Toxicity is bad, sure. 
But letting it get to you is just silly. 

Also, I doubt this game will ever get back to 4,000 players. 

Edited by CookiePuss

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Also, I doubt this game will ever get back to 4,000 players. 

Really depends on LO and how successful/speedy they are with every thing they try to do.

They HAVE to get the PC EU done correctly.  They just have to, they can't screw it up.  That will likely be their best chance to bring people back.  I imagine moving the game to Unreal 4 is going to take quite some time and is 100% dependent on getting 3.5 right and new content right.  The goal is ramp up some hype, successfully execute said hype leaving people more excited for future hype, like Unreal 4.  They could probably make over the assets in this game in a relatively short time; game could suddenly look great and play great, and that would be the eventuality we'd need to reach.

I am a little worried though; I feel like the way the highly request trading feature was implemented was an overall let down.  Their first balance patch didn't go to well either.

I'm happy they try and they communicate, but they need to be successful in their endeavors.

3 minutes ago, mynd said:
Really depends on LO and how successful/speedy they are with every thing they try to do.

They HAVE to get the PC EU done correctly.  They just have to, they can't screw it up.  That will likely be their best chance to bring people back.  I imagine moving the game to Unreal 4 is going to take quite some time and is 100% dependent on getting 3.5 right and new content right.  The goal is ramp up some hype, successfully execute said hype leaving people more excited for future hype, like Unreal 4.  They could probably make over the assets in this game in a relatively short time; game could suddenly look great and play great, and that would be the eventuality we'd need to reach.

I am a little worried though; I feel like the way the highly request trading feature was implemented was an overall let down.  Their first balance patch didn't go to well either.

I'm happy they try and they communicate, but they need to be successful in their endeavors.
Well said, friend... well said. 

Edited by CookiePuss

I just played a few missions, it has been a while. I played em to see the current state of the game.
Hitreg is still a big issue, ppl still warp. And the overall smoothness is no where near like it was a year a go. Maybe a lot of you don't notice it that much because you have got used to this hitreglesswarpfest. 
So I'm staying retired. 

There has been more good sugestive topics that have been ignored in the past. I don't feel any of this mathers at all.

Edited by Techdev

At least till we wait 4 this "legendary" upgrades they can give us somethin to play like making matchmaking like i suggest in 1st page and make some free 4 all 50 vs 50 mode in waterf/finan where enf and crims fight for lets say 3 capture items which spawn in center of map and they have to move it to theyr capture points on both sides of the map(3 capture points of each side)Is dat hard to make such easy changes so people can actually play and have fun and stop waiting 4ever for nothing..?

Edited by TheMessiah

I left around 2016 and at the time my excuse was poor game performance, horrible community and no new content to speak of. I told a friend of mine who was an avid player of the game at the time that for me it seemed the concept of the game was to aggravate and frustrate the player whether a new one or a veteran in almost every aspect of playing in it.
So far after being back it's been a learning experience for me. My whole goal is to try to get my skill up and not die what seems like a thousand times over in every mission. To be fair there are many jerks in this game that delight in trolling on the chat, interfering with a mission or just whispering those sweet nothings like "you suck" , "uninstall game" and the ever wonderful "get gud".

But with those unfortunate experiences I have had some good ones both with criminals and enforcers (who I do not envy, enforcers I mean). I will be honest, my two problems I am trying to remedy is finding the right keyboard button for crouch (number 3 right now because it's closest to WASD keys) and getting nervous the moment I get shot at (that one is still a work in progress).

I cannot say what will really make this game get a resurgence of new players and a return of old but I do have a suggestion and although it may sound a bit selfish I figure I'll throw my "net" in.

For the love of all that is holy please have a disable function for hearing another player's death theme. Alot of them are good but you get some with that "heyheyheyheyheyheyhey" and every loud sound you can imagine. I'm using speakers right now and it's a nightmare when that happens, I don't want to even think about what it's like with headphones on.  

21 minutes ago, Kadama said:

For the love of all that is holy please have a disable function for hearing another player's death theme. Alot of them are good but you get some with that "heyheyheyheyheyheyhey" and every loud sound you can imagine. I'm using speakers right now and it's a nightmare when that happens, I don't want to even think about what it's like with headphones on.

+1 and want option to toggle grenades 😛

Ez:
-revert all the trash weapon balances and nerfs
-make every weapon powerful
-joker box ones a bit more powerful
-increase vehicles speed and endurance
-see the fucking population increase

6 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Ez:

And revert the Anti-Fun Things like Jump with Vegas on inisible Platform in Skatepark, Drive on Water and go to NOVVOM etc. in Waterfront, Hijump on Vehicle spawns, etc.
The old good times..... i can cry 😞

On 9/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, Tosei said:

people quit because no new contents, such as new clothes and events, not really all about gameplay tbh

i dont want to sound rude, but people leave cus of shitty changes, like getting a broken patootie gun, things like cheaters, laggy servers and other stuff, but i still have faith in LO 

The real problem he have, is that the only players we have are toxic as fuck or they are closet cheaters, till u fixed that nothing else will help apb pop.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, Excalibur! said:

Ez:

Well yeah, people think codding is that easy haha