AWBtwo

Population crisis.....

I don't want to turn this into an essay so I'm going to keep this as short and on point as possible. The problem I'm addressing is the unhealthy population apb has currently. I understand there's a lot of factors and potential fixes to get apb back to its former glory, but I think the real solution as of now is the removal of threat colors. At its peak, bronze silver and gold made sense to provide fair game play. Most of us forgot about the max threat player. Most of us forget about the friends and enemies we played with who used cheats to rank up and get to gold ten. Unfortunately the best days are behind us and the ones who are left and are gold basically are bared on the sidelines because there are no servers for us to play on. We can't even dethreat because there's no physical way to even make it happen without asking friends to let us lose. Segregation is just a bad idea at this point in apb life. We need to bring back the days when 4 bronze players faced 2 golds. Or the big team battles of rtw when you'd have so many players in one match the whole server was playing one mission. Maybe the only way to go foward, is to go back. Thanks for reading....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

people quit because no new contents, such as new clothes and events, not really all about gameplay tbh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tosie, I respect your opinion. I didn't want to get into content discussion because we already have a thousand threads about that and lo has already talk about the plan for that. What I'm trying to discuss here is the penalty for being an average player and being locked out of the game for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

allowing golds to freely stomp bronzes is only going to make the population even more unhealthy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12

the biggest problem with open threat is a new player wont understand why some people kill them before they can react and others take a full clip to kill them and will just blame "hacking" and leave a shitty review on steam with 1 star calling the game p2w and littered with hackers 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

the biggest problem with open threat is a new player wont understand why some people kill them before they can react and others take a full clip to kill them and will just blame "hacking" and leave a shitty review on steam with 1 star calling the game p2w and littered with hackers 

Are those still prevalent... I haven't checked steam reviews in a long long time.

what can you do in the game when you hit max rank already? 

lack of content is the biggest problem. if friends stop playing you are encourage to stop playing. 

the weapon balance is a mess IR3 nerf there was nothing wrong with it..

Edited by Scarlet
  • Like 3

I wont play until the performance is good.
And I dont care about new content at all.

• Like 1

I don't understand this whole there's no content argument rank means nothing in this game and the entire game is killing people around missions. the combat is the content. and serg anytime I think about trying a free game on steam I make sure to look threw reviews to see if its worth the time of downloading it since there are so many money grab freemium games that devs completely neglect 

• Like 1

I would welcome if threats were removed from districts, but removing it from characters would be terrible idea. Bronzes and Ts are playing in silver district anyway, facing gold players. If only we had fair matchmaking, golds could have more kills but at the end they would probably lose cuz of zergs swarm.
Many ppl just join random district, and then they are wondering why nobody is playing there, and then leaving. Removing threats from districts could fix the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Players go where there are players and we had Open Conflict districts which should have resolved the issue of these poor golds being locked, but those servers remained empty and became looting havens for criminals. 

We have Fight Club where rank and threat do not restrict who you play against but even on good days there is barely 1 fight club running. 

We now have Open PVP districts for testing weapons where again rank and threat means nothing and still they are ghost towns.

If these scores of high ranking golds really wanted to play, they'd find ways to play. Why do they just want to play in normal districts? If they're max rank they have no Contacts to level. If segregation was the reason then why wasn't Open Conflict more popular? 

The evidence seems to contradict the "problem" here.

• Like 1

The funniest idea of mine yet: Removing district threat might actually work against dethreating.
First of all why dethreat if all districts are open.
Second of all even if guy threw few matches, move to other district - he still will meet the same player along line - not just at max silvers.

I still remember before district threat was put that district population was evenly distributed between gold, silvers, bronzes and greens creating interesting balance which somehow lasted.
The only reason for district threat was matchmaking which is still pretty poor. Fix that, you can remove district threat - and with it dethreaters.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fix the matchmaking asap, it goes full retart mode too often, for example: silver and gold vs 2 golds and no backup available.

Edited by xHenryman90x
  • Like 1

Matchmaking is 1 of the reasons /pop is low.Also people are tired of waiting for somethin new and start leavin fast(LO told us nothin in next 3 months)In rest of servers is impossible to do missions even in citadel yesterday i think brake record for lowest pop.Best solution 4 matchmaking right now can be: keep threat but hide it and "show recommended only" tab - checked and also hidden.Enf and crims will have only theyr ranks visible(blue and red)and thats it.Simple

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Fix the matchmaking asap, it goes full retart mode too often, for example: silver and gold vs 2 golds and no backup available.

That's giving it too much credit, 2v2 consisting of two silvers against two high threat golds with no backup. With the same matchup time and time again

I stopped playing because I got bored of those "half clip, nade and fuzzy bunny still alive" scenarios. 
Population on Citadel is still pretty healthy to support threat districts.

i dont see why calling backup isnt just a built in feature. as in, your allowed to call at any time you feel necessary as long as theres a full min left on the clock. 

• Like 2

apb reloaded is a game that you really want to have fun, but end up just quitting because of frustration that the game gives.

it happens every time.

Edited by Scarlet
  • Like 3

It is a 9 year old game. What do you expect. APB never hit that high of a population and it is a miracle it has actually gone on this long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

The game is too old I think... it cannot compete new games coming out­.

Except i'm not aware of games that can replace APB overall. Do you know any?

According to steam charts, APB was originally averaging 4k players and is now averaging about 1100 players. Pop did spike when LO took over and I believe that it will happen when new content is added, but the game would need to be fixed (UE 3.5) before this can happen
Removing the threats from districts may be a good idea to try and unify the playerbase, provided that a tutorial district is preserved to prevent Greens on Golds.
On that note, most people dethreat, so the threat system is partially redundant anyway.

• Like 2