Sign in to follow this  
Adawon

Pedestrians overhaul

A few minor changes I have in mind regarding peds:
- They should react to guns pointed at them, by raising their hands or running away.
- A criminal should be able to break a ped's animation (talking on street telephone or taking a news paper) to mug him.
- They should react differently when bullets are fired on their cars, some peds should abandon the car and run away, some would just hide there (the way it is) and some would speed up and try to get away.
- They shouldn't despawn after their cars get jacked. They should either go away or try to rejack the car from the player and speed up to get away with it.

• Like 1

would require ai, which is a very time consuming system to implement

AI is already in the game, in almost every game. The peds wandering on the streets, driving, doing animations on certain points like grabbing news papers and talking to telephones and reacting to player's crimes, that's all AI. There's no computer game without AI, and improving it not either time consuming or hard to do. I am talking GTA 3D universe AI, it's so simple and it doesn't do machine learning or anything demanding.

1 minute ago, Adawon said:

AI is already in the game, in almost every game. The peds wandering on the streets, driving, doing animations on certain points like grabbing news papers and talking to telephones and reacting to player's crimes, that's all AI. There's no computer game without AI, and improving it not either time consuming or hard to do. I am talking GTA 3D universe AI, it's so simple and it doesn't do machine learning or anything demanding.

the civilians and the civilian vehicles are just set pieces on rail tracks, thats why civilian vehicles dont move if they're hit by a car and civilians will turn around and run back if theres an obstacle in their path

adding dynamic reactions to civilians would require a lot of work because theres so many possible options, and it would put more stress on the already shoddy servers

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
thats why civilian vehicles dont move if they're hit by a car and civilians will turn around and run back if theres an obstacle in their path
That is still a very simple concept of AI
7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
adding dynamic reactions to civilians would require a lot of work because theres so many possible options, and it would put more stress on the already shoddy servers
Not that much work as I mentioned. Have you ever played GTA IV online? Driver AI is that smart and doesn't make the server lag or anything. The game is shoddy just because it's severely unoptimized. 

25 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah, seems like you just want GTA. Just go play GTA.

You missed the point so much. I am using GTA as an example that shows AI isn't that demanding or hard to make. In the case of pedestrians suggested actions, that's implemented in GTA San Andreas, it's 2004 technology that even a PS2 can handle, so the point is how demanding it is to add the AI. Also improving AI =\= copying GTA.

IMO there shouldn't be Civillians taking walks around and doing normal life in a city that has criminals and enforcers shooting around, blowing up cars, everyone should be moving away from San Paro, or just hiding in their houses. It totally kills the immersion for me to be literally blowing up the entire street and some NPCs are just taking a walk like nothing around.

6 hours ago, Adawon said:
6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You missed the point so much. I am using GTA as an example that shows AI isn't that demanding or hard to make. In the case of pedestrians suggested actions, that's implemented in GTA San Andreas, it's 2004 technology that even a PS2 can handle, so the point is how demanding it is to add the AI. Also improving AI =\= copying GTA.
Don't waste your time, players around don't want this game to be upgraded at all, they always come up with "Too much work" or something like that, like working on a game isn't the Devs work.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

IMO there shouldn't be Civillians taking walks around and doing normal life in a city that has criminals and enforcers shooting around, blowing up cars, everyone should be moving away from San Paro, or just hiding in their houses.

Yes, it's funny that people still hangout. The city is more suited for a small number of criminals so the whole town isn't a battlefield like it is, but you know, we got to have people to mug and cars to steal regardless
1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

they always come up with "Too much work" or something like that, like working on a game isn't the Devs work.

IKR. Even if it's time consuming it doesn't mean developers should not make it and it won't be a reason for lagging the servers or anything.

8 hours ago, Adawon said:
9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Except for the part where every single on of your suggestion threads trends towards this answer.

On 9/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Except for the part where every single on of your suggestion threads trends towards this answer.

Which has nothing wrong with it

Also, non of my other suggestions is related to AI. Nice try.

Edited by Adawon

Just now, Adawon said:
3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Non of my other suggestions is related to AI. Nice try.
I never said that, read again.

"They are features of every 3d car/shooting game I've ever played except APB." You meant that right? If you consider "every 3d car/shooting game I've ever played except APB" is GTA then you have a problem.