Sign in to follow this  
Kurby

The return of the 2011 Christmas event?

A super speedy, bullet sponge elf running around with a LMG while the whole district attempted to kill for a prize. Fun times! Hope it can make a return this year!

Edited by Tokley
  • Like 6

rip “exclusive” cosmetic prizes

we do have a horde of GMs again, so it l could be possible

• Like 2

Best event in my opinion. Was a ton of fun when GM's did stuff like this. Hope it makes a return. G1 did it once and scrapped it even though the general consensus, at least by those that I know, absolutely loved it. 

• Like 1

Future seems promising with a chance for variety of events. So many GMs visiting each and every district. Let's see what happens when the initial stage is completed. (BattleEye, Infrastructure, Bans)

Edited by iAdoreHer
Examples
  • Like 1

Oh man someone got a perma rocket launcher too :((((((( I want one!!!!! 

Was it dawnwillow who got it?

1 minute ago, killerskull said:

the osmaw nfcp 3 ‘b a s t a r d’ belongs to @Genobee iirc

that was for a different event though

Edited by BXNNXD
reasonable censor evasion

Just now, BXNNXD said:

the osmaw nfcp 3 ‘silly person’ belongs to @Genobee iirc

that was for a different event though

Yea I meant it as a general custom event

I have a poorly drawn kitty name or whatever that thing above your head is. People ask how I got that and it makes you feel good cause you participated in that event and no one outside can get that. 

While I do like the idea of more custom events, I hope they avoid at all the special weapon prizes. The game already has enough unbalance due to all the items from armas, JBs and rewards...

1 hour ago, Nessie said:

While I do like the idea of more custom events, I hope they avoid at all the special weapon prizes. The game already has enough unbalance due to all the items from armas, JBs and rewards...

I was thinking exclusive prizes such as a weapon skin or cool clothing pieces.

Edited by Tokley

5 hours ago, killerskull said:

real funny killerskull. we all know dawnwillow is a girl from myfreegams, who does not play apb. just because they have 'willow' in their name does not mean they are the same person as the player. and YOU should know, since you were in the 'poorly designed kitten' event yourself, that it wasn't a rocket launcher. it was a scout.

Edit:

@Tokley

not sure if this was 2011 or 2012, but we had prolly the best Player-ran Christmas event ever that year where we gave away over 40+ steam games, 5 retail packs, and like a bunch of G1C...i forget how much tho.

and we assembled this communal christmas tree with a bunch of symbols made by the community. Hosted it with Rapid99 and Kempington. pretty sure that was teh best the xmas event was ever going to get.

V3WWZhP.png

Edited by iodyne_
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, iodyne_ said:

@Tokley

and we assembled this communal christmas tree with a bunch of symbols made by the community. Hosted it with Rapid99 and Kempington. pretty sure that was teh best the xmas event was ever going to get.

V3WWZhP.png

Whoaaa, that's awesome! Totally was not aware of this christmas tree!

@Tokley

yeah, it was a symbol/ornament contest. everyone who entered got placed into the raffle for all the games and prizes.

there was a 2nd portion for "best star\tree". the winner of that got a bunch of g1c. we did the raffle live on x-mas eve. it was neat.

it was called "Decorate the Halls" player event on the forums....but i'm sure it's been completely wiped off the record by now.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/302914-decorate-the-halls-christmas-event

Edited by iodyne_

I was one of the winners back then on 2011, being one of the first few to acquire the Radio Backpack before it was released on ARMAS.

The awe effect was cool for some days 😄

(I remember killing the event elf on waterfront, drifting on one of those streets nearby to Orlenz Moretti's HQ)

Why not do christmas right now?

Have a double christmas year.

would be cool if they did something with the 4th of july...like an all explosives fight club event or something.

• Like 1

we kinda have those going randomly on the servers, but we just don't get rewards at all and they're likely to crash the server or something.

That was a lot of fun... let's do a Christmas in July event. :classic_biggrin:

Sign in to follow this