Adawon

Ability to drive enemy team members' cars + Ability to hijack cars in a mission

I see no reason why we are not allowed to drive the cars of opponents in the same mission. 

With that comes another idea that completes the concept, ability to hijack cars from enemies, so you can take their cars from them or vice versa, or just to remove opponents from cars to kill them.

would defeat the purpose of having vehicle mods like carspawner and mobile radar tower

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

would defeat the purpose of having vehicle mods like carspawner and mobile radar tower

It has no conflict with car spawner mod. Because spawning requires the car to be far from enemies, if it's far then enemies would not see it, if they see it then they will either destroy it or won't bother if it's too far a way, as far as a spawn point already. 
And what's the problem with mobile radar tower? I don't see your point. 

1 minute ago, Adawon said:
It has no conflict with car spawner mod. Because spawning requires the car to be far from enemies, if it's far then enemies would not see it, if they see it then they will either destroy it or won't bother if it's too far a way, as far as a spawn point already. 
And what's the problem with mobile radar tower? I don't see your point. 
the mods highlight your vehicle on radar enemies would know exactly which car to take

also whats to stop one team from sitting inside another team's vehicles on an item drop final stage, so that they cant be used to transport items?

after seeing all your suggestions I think you might be better off just going back to gta. this game isn't a gta clone and it never will be and the biggest problem that you don't realize you cant spawn your car if someone is in it meaning the easiest way to shut down an enemy team would be to just sit in there cars so they cant easily get to the objective

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kurbstomp88 said:

after seeing all your suggestions I think you might be better off just going back to gta. this game isn't a gta clone and it never will be and the biggest problem that you don't realize you cant spawn your car if someone is in it meaning the easiest way to shut down an enemy team would be to just sit in there cars so they cant easily get to the objective

You should ready my reply on BXNND because this point is already is discussed.
7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
also whats to stop one team from sitting inside another team's vehicles on an item drop final stage, so that they cant be used to transport items?
Destroying the car or hijacking it?

9 hours ago, Adawon said:

all they have to do in that case is drive more than 100m away and the team whose vehicles have been stolen lose the ability to destroy or hijack their own vehicles back

25 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
10 hours ago, Adawon said:

all they have to do in that case is drive more than 100m away and the team whose vehicles have been stolen lose the ability to destroy or hijack their own vehicles back
100 meters away won't on an item drop point. There's also respawning the car.

31 minutes ago, Adawon said:

100 meters away won't on an item drop point.

i dont understand this

31 minutes ago, Adawon said:

There's also respawning the car.

requires a carspawner/vending machine/mailbox, which may not be readily available depending on the mission area 

32 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
i dont understand this
You said it would be a problem if the car is on an objective point, then I told you it isn't a problem because they can just blow the car/hijack it/respawn it. Then they said they would drive the car away, which is entirely another thing and I don't see what's the problem there, it adds more depth to the game. I mean, it's a battlefield, why are there restrictions for using enemy's cars? 
Driving enemy's car away is the worst thing a player can do, it just weakens his team because he is too busy driving around aimlessly while the other team members are defending/attacking the objective. That's just an unrealistic scenario.
36 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
requires a carspawner/vending machine/mailbox, which may not be readily available depending on the mission area 
I am pretty sure there's always a car spawner in the very least, the 500m radius of every objective. Also, I wouldn't even bother getting my car back if the hijacker being a buffoon driving around aimlessly. He's done my team a favor by staying 100m or w/e away while we are reaching for the objective. I would just take a car from pedestrians or maybe go respawn the car from one of the vendors that are everywhere.

You posted ten suggestions in half an hour, that might be an indication that you're not thinking things through well or taking this seriously, lol.

On 9/22/2018 at 5:31 AM, Kewlin said:

You posted ten suggestions in half an hour, that might be an indication that you're not thinking things through well or taking this seriously,

Yes, after taking notes for a whole week about things I want to suggest, comes someone to say "heya you posted all of them in half an hour you don't take it seriously lol". 
If someone.. If someone doesn't take it seriously then it's you. Rather than actually discussing the idea you're all for wasting your time.

Edited by Adawon

14 minutes ago, Adawon said:
Yes, after taking notes for a whole weeks about things I want to suggest, comes someone to say "heya you posted all of them in half an hour you don't take it seriously lol". 
If someone. If someone doesn't take it seriously then it's you. Rather than actually discussing the idea you're all for wasting your time.

Thanks for bringing the fact that you're new to the game to my attention, it makes me a lot more confident in your suggestion. For future reference, if you make a suggestion that's two sentences, it doesn't really look well thought out.

Honestly, there's not much to add that other people haven't said. I'd be more prone to saying nobody but you can drive your own car TBH, keys exist for a reason.

6 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Thanks for bringing the fact that you're new to the game to my attention, it makes me a lot more confident in your suggestion. For future reference, if you make a suggestion that's two sentences, it doesn't really look well thought out.

Honestly, there's not much to add that other people haven't said. I'd be more prone to saying nobody but you can drive your own car TBH, keys exist for a reason.
Firstly, I never said I was new in the game, I played for more than 450 hours. I said I've been taking notes for a week. That's surely an indicator that you're not thinking my replies well or taking things seriously.
Secondly, what does all of this have to do with the idea. What if I am new to the game? Just discuss the idea regardless.
9 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
 keys exist for a reason.
Yes, let's just discuss the idea. Keys are useless in a city full of car stealers.

I like it. Maybe have a character mod for car keys/alarm.  If you have this equipped you automatically use your car as always. If not your car can be stolen by enemy who also has the mod equipped. 

dsds.png

Making the suggestion more clear after @BXNNXD asked some questions about it on another thread.

Edited by Adawon

2 hours ago, Adawon said:
  1. will vehicle mods support whoever is driving?
  2. if so, what happens when a player gets out of an enemy car, do mods still support  the player or do they revert to supporting the enemy?
  3. can a player put items in an enemy car?
  4. if so, does that mean a player can remove items from an enemy car?
  5. how will players deal with carplay initiated from their own vehicle?
  6. can a player enter an enemy’s car even while that enemy is driving? 
  7. while the enemy is a passenger?
  8. will there be a modification to prevent this?
  9. will a players who’s vehicle is stolen by an enemy be able to respawn their car normally or are they forced to swap vehicles and back?
2 hours ago, Adawon said:
  1. Yes,
  2. No,
  3. Yes,
  4. Yes, Respawn their car (yes, they should make it able to be respawned if enemies are inside),
  5. Yes (I suggested car jacking),
  6. Yes,
  7. No,
  8. Yes, they should be able to respawn it.

1. is potentially having more carspawners/mobile radar towers than you have team players balanced?
  2. this wasnt a yes or not question
  3. i suppose if players are able to drive they should have access to the trunk, fair
  4. " "
  5. respawning isnt always an option, and if it is its still a forced waste of time
  6. so the only way to enter an enemy vehicle while a player is in it is to force an animation? is that balanced in a pvp game?
  7. hijacking a vehicle with a passenger seems like it would need (more) new mechanics and new animations
  8. again, is forcing an animation acceptable balance in a pvp game?
  9. fair

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

What if we could spawn in enemy mobile spawners? 🤨

Then we would be drunk.

10 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

1. is potentially having more carspawners/mobile radar towers than you have team players balanced?
  2. this wasnt a yes or not question
  3. i suppose if players are able to drive they should have access to the trunk, fair
  4. " "
  5. respawning isnt always an option, and if it is its still a forced waste of time
  6. so the only way to enter an enemy vehicle while a player is in it is to force an animation? is that balanced in a pvp game?
  7. hijacking a vehicle with a passenger seems like it would need (more) new mechanics and new animations
  8. again, is forcing an animation acceptable balance in a pvp game?
  9. fair

1. Can you rephrase that, please?

2. My bad. I meant "Yes, they will support the player" but derp, that wasn't an appropriate answer either, sorry. So I think Ammo Box should support all players. Mobile spawners should only support the owner team.

3. Yes.

4. Okay.

5. I guess we reached a dead end disagreeing. 

6. I think so.

7. I guess so.

8. I think so.

9. Nice.

When your suggestion adds 5 other problems it's probably not a good suggestion.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:18 PM, Havana said:

I like it. Maybe have a character mod for car keys/alarm.  If you have this equipped you automatically use your car as always. If not your car can be stolen by enemy who also has the mod equipped. 

One glaring problem. Both criminals and enforcers are equipped with slim jims...