Sign in to follow this  
Adawon

Blowing up car tires.

It would change the whole concept of using vehicles in fights, it's realistic, and it is in every 3D shooting/cars game I've ever played (except APB, GTA 3).

• Like 2

This is good. However, I think that Light Machine Guns could suffer. You can do so that every tire has (75 Max health) so that LMG will remain useful. Secondary Weapon that have a lot of Hard Damage will also benefit. Tires that are more or more exposed to fire should have (100 Max health).

No thanks.  It would end up just getting frustrating and APB isn't meant to be realistic, it's meant to be fun. 

Consider this:
You're on a mission, you just grabbed some items that need taken to a drop off, the enemy arrives as you're leaving, they shoot out both tires on the side facing them, you barely have control over the car, it's slowed you enough for them to easily Conc your car, you're dead.  Now you have to come back and try to fight them off long enough to grab the items you dropped when your car blew up, you run out of time because the missions weren't balanced with the ability to shoot out tires in mind.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

1. No thanks.  It would end up just getting frustrating and APB isn't meant to be realistic, it's meant to be fun. 

2. Consider this:
You're on a mission, you just grabbed some items that need taken to a drop off, the enemy arrives as you're leaving, they shoot out both tires on the side facing them, you barely have control over the car, it's slowed you enough for them to easily Conc your car, you're dead.  Now you have to come back and try to fight them off long enough to grab the items you dropped when your car blew up, you run out of time because the missions weren't balanced with the ability to shoot out tires in mind.

1. Why would the puncture of the tires take away fun? In my opinion, it would be more fun.

2. I understand. Punching tires does not have to bring much to the game. It can be, above all, a visual effect, and the effects of a punctured tire can be, for example: -2% Max Speed.
For 4 tires it would be -8% Max Speed and gentle skidding.

I honestly dont think that this will be fit good in game laso if it realistic, same thing for the unbreakable car glasses.

5 hours ago, Wasabi987 said:
1. Why would the puncture of the tires take away fun? In my opinion, it would be more fun.

2. I understand. Punching tires does not have to bring much to the game. It can be, above all, a visual effect, and the effects of a punctured tire can be, for example: -2% Max Speed.
For 4 tires it would be -8% Max Speed and gentle skidding.
First of all it would slow down gameplay, and making something slower when the speed cap is already as low as it is is not a way to make it more fun.  The vehicle handling is bad enough in this game, and worse vehicle handling is not something APB needs in any situation.  We're already driving like our tires are shot out.

what I'd like to see is a deployable that's build to bump your car off the track - if you drive over it. The deployable shield sometimes works like this

10 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

what I'd like to see is a deployable that's build to bump your car off the track - if you drive over it. The deployable shield sometimes works like this

That would be kinda neat.  Like a deployable speed bump?  A little more harsh than a normal speed bump though.
  • Thanks 1