Sign in to follow this  
Adawon

Polishing car hit kills

I am pretty sure everyone gets frustrated when getting killed by a car that literally just touches him while it's moving. A car kill should be only possible when the car is moving over a specific speed limit, and the speed of the player getting hit by the car should be considered (Example: Say the cars are set to kill players while speeding over 15km/h. If a car is moving at 15km/h hits a player moving at 5km/h in the same direction, then the car shouldn't kill him, because it's only hitting him at the force of 10km/h). 

Considering the kill speed of a car is 15km/h, what if a car hit a player while moving at a slower speed? Well, if it's close to the kill speed, let's say from 8km/h to 14km/h, it should knock the player off but not kill him immediately, and if the car was slower than 8km/h, it should just push the player. Now I may be asking for too much but while playing GTA IV, you will notice that pushing pedestrians with a car on low speed will make them 'ragdollialy' try to still vertical while they are being pushed, that would be amazing if it can be implemented in APB. 

One last thing to point out. Pushing a player/ped with a car into a solid object (wall, car.. etc) should kill them without considering the speed.

• Like 1

I am suggesting changing how vehicle hit works, I didn't ask for an advice for the current system.

This is how the system works already. Cars don't kill you if they're not moving at a certain speed, and if you're running into it or away from it affects the speed required for it to kill you. If the speed isn't high enough it just pushes you aside.

Nothing worse than ppl defending a system that works so bad, instead of asking for upgrades.
I agree with you, I'm tired of cars killing me without even touching me, that my player dies in ragdoll with no external force moving it.
@Adawon

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dopefish said:

This is how the system works already. Cars don't kill you if they're not moving at a certain speed, and if you're running into it or away from it affects the speed required for it to kill you. If the speed isn't high enough it just pushes you aside.

The killing speed right now is already too slow, it takes more than a second of pushing acceleration button to kill someone.

Can't seem to find an edit button so I will add this here. I meant "it takes less than a second of pushing acceleration button", I also was referring to the default car.

1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Nothing worse than ppl defending a system that works so bad, instead of asking for upgrades.
I agree with you, I'm tired of cars killing me without even touching me, that my player dies in ragdoll with no external force moving it.
@Adawon

hes not talking about vehicle hitboxes, just the speeds at which vehicles can kill you

34 minutes ago, Adawon said:

Can't seem to find an edit button so I will add this here. I meant "it takes less than a second of pushing acceleration button", I also was referring to the default car.

vehicle kills are already entirely dependent on whether the target is paying attention or not, im not a fan of making them even harder

also, theres already a mod (valzipram tablets) for this

20 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

vehicle kills are already entirely dependent on whether the target is paying attention or not, im not a fan of making them even harder

That doesn't deny the fact that the killing speed is so slow. So the problem is there.

22 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

also, theres already a mod (valzipram tablets) for this

Again, this is not related to car kill speed or considering the player's running speed.

13 minutes ago, Adawon said:
That doesn't deny the fact that the killing speed is so slow. So the problem is there.
  Again, this is not related to car kill speed or considering the player's running speed.
valzipram tablets allow a player to survive nearly any vehicle collision, provided the player is running the same direction the car is moving - is that not what you're looking for?

vehicle kill speed is a deliberate design choice, if you dont like the values then thats why valzipram exists

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
is that not what you're looking for?
It is not what I'm looking for. I am not looking for something to prevent me from getting killed by cars. 
3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
if you dont like the values then thats why valzipram exists
I want the speed values to be changed. It has nothing to do with valzipram, I don't care about valzipram.

4 minutes ago, Adawon said:

I want the speed values to be changed.

what would this change other than making already difficult vehicle kills even more difficult? 

On 9/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, BXNNXD said:

what would this change other than making already difficult vehicle kills even more difficult? 

It makes it more sane that a second of default car acceleration doesn't kill a player by simply touching him/her.

Edited by Adawon