Adawon

Ability to shoot people inside cars

I, uh... I don't understand this thread. The title and the first sentence allude to introducing the ability to damage players while they're inside cars, but the entire rest of it talks about damage dealt by car collisions.

As far as I'm aware, the system with reducing impact damage (like the lethal 15 - 5 runaway = nonlethal 10) is already in the game. Not 100% sure though.

As for the thing about reworking cars so they allow their passengers to be shot... nope. Hard pass from me. The way it works right now is mostly fine, I'd say. Hiding in a car isn't a catch-all solution - depending on your situation, you may just delay your death by a few seconds by turning yourself into a sitting duck for the time that it takes your car to start - plenty of opportunities for your enemies to feed your car multiple grenades.

Edited by MartinPL
  • Like 1

Just now, MartinPL said:

I, uh... I don't understand this thread. The title and the first sentence allude to introducing the ability to damage players while they're inside cars, but the entire rest of it talks about damage dealt by car collisions.

As far as I'm aware, the system with dividing impact damage (like the lethal 15 - 5 runaway = nonlethal 10) is already in the game.

As for the thing about reworking cars so they allow their passengers to be shot... nope. Hard pass from me. The way it works right now is mostly fine, I'd say. Hiding in a car isn't a catch-all solution - depending on your situation, you may just delay your death by a few seconds by turning yourself into a sitting duck for the time that it takes your car to start - plenty of opportunities for your enemies to feed your car multiple grenades.

wrong thread homie

i dont think allowing vehicles to be shot through is a good idea, despite the copious amounts of car gameplay

1 minute ago, MartinPL said:

As far as I'm aware, the system with dividing impact damage (like the lethal 15 - 5 runaway = nonlethal 10) is already in the game.

Yes, it was a misunderstanding by admin Ritual, so he merged 2 threads together, now it's fixed.

Alright, that explains the confusion a bit. Won't edit my first post since it has already been quoted and stuff.

Still, my opinion remains the same. I understand the possible frustration at people getting away with almost losing fights by just ducking into cars, but I would much rather have that than constant exposure to gunfire regardless of situation. I can already imagine driving into the mission area, only to get marksman'd without even having left my car. That's a scary thought.

I personally would just think of it as a feature of all 3D cars/shooting games I've ever played except APB.

I think so too. You can really cheese people by hopping in your tanky car right before you die just so that you can stay alive for a bit longer. It's honestly a flaw with game design rather than a feature of game design.

7 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

I think so too. You can really cheese people by hopping in your tanky car right before you die just so that you can stay alive for a bit longer. It's honestly a flaw with game design rather than a feature of game design.

That was definitely an intended feature. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it cheese.

To be perfectly honest, cars would barely be usable under most circumstances if you could be shot in them.

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

That was definitely an intended feature. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it cheese.

To be perfectly honest, cars would barely be usable under most circumstances if you could be shot in them.
this game would be almost unplayable if you could be shot in a car 
  • Like 1

Just make cars easier to kill, less health or something, I dunno, just spit balling here, car gameplay is such a boring part of the game and easy to abuse, reducing the health of those "meta" cars would probably fix the issue.. Probably..

6 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Just make cars easier to kill, less health or something, I dunno, just spit balling here, car gameplay is such a boring part of the game and easy to abuse, reducing the health of those "meta" cars would probably fix the issue.. Probably..

Yet again, the game would not work if cars had less health, lol. It's already SUPER easy to destroy cars TBH, if they were more fragile driving and transporting items would barely be possible.

Like honestly, even Pioneers are so easy to destroy if you actually want to.

4 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
Yet again, the game would not work if cars had less health, lol. It's already SUPER easy to destroy cars TBH, if they were more fragile driving and transporting items would barely be possible.

Like honestly, even Pioneers are so easy to destroy if you actually want to.
I'm not talking astronomical amounts of reduction in health and nor to all cars, only those select few to stop people from using them in such cheesy ways.

And its not "super easy to destroy cars" A steel platting 3 pioneer is literally a tank they can get for 100$. Even when you destroy it you then also have to, you know, kill the person who just drove from the moon to kill you, whilst getting shot at the whole time and still managed to get right in your face because their car is near impossible to kill on your own unless you feel like taking AV, which just isn't practical at all, and even then, they'll still probably manage to get within a good 5-10 meters before their car is dead.

Alternatively, you could buff AV 😉 

4 minutes ago, Nanometic said:
I'm not talking astronomical amounts of reduction in health and nor to all cars, only those select few to stop people from using them in such cheesy ways.

And its not "super easy to destroy cars" A steel platting 3 pioneer is literally a tank they can get for 100$. Even when you destroy it you then also have to, you know, kill the person who just drove from the moon to kill you, whilst getting shot at the whole time and still managed to get right in your face because their car is near impossible to kill on your own unless you feel like taking AV, which just isn't practical at all, and even then, they'll still probably manage to get within a good 5-10 meters before their car is dead.

Alternatively, you could buff AV 😉 

A nerf to the pioneer wouldn't be awful, but I also don't really feel like it's necessary.

Also, to be fair I guess, I have been leveling machinegunner for a while now. . .

Just now, Kewlin said:

A nerf to the pioneer wouldn't be awful, but I also don't really feel like it's necessary.

Also, to be fair I guess, I have been leveling machinegunner for a while now. . .
To be fair I almost always run bricks instead of nades, unless I come up against some proper sweat lords using yolos, then I return the favor. So standardly, cars are a pain in the patootie to me.

1 minute ago, Nanometic said:
To be fair I almost always run bricks instead of nades, unless I come up against some proper sweat lords using yolos, then I return the favor. So standardly, cars are a pain in the patootie to me.

Make bricks the one thing that can go through car windows, clearly that'll fix APB.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Make bricks the one thing that can go through car windows, clearly that'll fix APB.
Make a brick variant specifically for hard damage over health damage ;^0

I think it should be a thing tbh. Car windows should not be bulletproof unbreakable, but the damage players receive should not be 100% the same.

Idea: As players receive damage thru car windows, the damage is decreased by X percentage. Example: Enemy shooting someone who's inside a car with an ATAC, once that target is hit thru the broken car window, that damage falls from 100% to just 25% per each hit done. (or whatever other percentage)

Edited by Poperon

9 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I think it should be a thing tbh. Car windows should not be bulletproof unbreakable, but the damage players receive should not be 100% the same.

Idea: As players receive damage thru car windows, the damage is decreased by X percentage. Example: Enemy shooting someone who's inside a car with an ATAC, once that target is hit thru the broken car window, that damage falls from 100% to just 25% per each hit done. (or whatever other percentage)

I guess that would be worth trying, still, it would potentially be a little weird with some customization stuff.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

Yes, like many other aspects that are unfinished in the game. Peds disappearing after you steal their cars, using the same drive-by animation for both rifles and pistols and car tires being invincible.

10 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I guess that would be worth trying, still, it would potentially be a little weird with some customization stuff.
a valid point

many of the kitted vehicles have parts that cover part or all of certain vehicle windows, would this affect shooting through windows? if so it would go completely against the "customization doesnt affect gameplay" that apb was built around

more importanly, it would introduce an element of p2w since may kits are only available through armas

and some kits are different depending on faction, creating further unbalance:
  • criminal kit
hqdefault.jpg

• enforcer kit
hqdefault.jpg
  • Like 1