Sign in to follow this  
Bladerunner315

Windows 10 Hd5500.. Big problems!

Is anyone playing this with W10 using HD5500 (on an i3-5005U cpu perchance)? I was successfully playing FE at around 30 fps on my Acer E15 laptop.. an update came along and all I can get is 1 fps now - slideshow performance. That was a while ago and I came back to FE the other day to find that it remains the same. I've tried rolling back the gpu drivers, even using the generic microsoft driver - same state of play. I have no idea what could cause this and it's mighty frustrating that I might have to buy another pc just to play FE..

Did you tried to disable V-sync mode and run the game on full screen-windowed mode?, if that doesn't work let me know.
Here is also a topic by Nysek that can help you improve fps:

This Topic is actually recommend for pvpers, but it should help you out too.

Edited by Viscera

Thanks for the reply. I will reinstall FE today and work through everything mentioned. I did try all manner of graphical configurations but there is definitely some things I didn't try detailed there. I really hope that, with the help of people here I can get it running on my lappie :)

Ok, reinstalled. I've tried all kinds of configurations. Windowed and fullscreen at all resolutions (from 800x600 to 1366x768 - my laptops native). All settings at their lowest and all graphical options turned off (shadows, post fx/advanced/vsync) and various combinations of higher settings (because I know some games have quirks and actually run better with higher settings in some instances). With and without antialiasing and anistrophy. The highest fps I can get is 5 (!).

It's so frustrating because I can run Half Life 2 on maximum settings at around 40 - 60 fps, Dishonored on low settings at around 25 fps, Stalker Lost Alpha on low settings at 40 - 50 fps. This machine should be able to run it on lower settings absolutely fine - indeed it was when I first starting using it. I'm almost tempted to reinstall W10 to see how well it runs from the factory fresh install.. a last resort thing though really.

Is it significant that my bandwidth figures are:
0.1 to 0.25 kbps IN
0 OUT
...do you think? Can that cause problems (?) as they seem like very low figures to me. I'm using this via wi-fi btw. Should I be using a cable to play online games really?

Many thanks for any help :)

Yur BW seems to low, but the question is, is it the reason for your problem or because of it. I had the same Problem when switching to win 10 but for me windowed mode solved it. 
Did you try turning Windows game mode on or of?
Since Fe is very resources hungry, did you check the workload of your CPU, GPU and RAM? Might help giving the frontendprogram a higher priority.