Pillowlol

Spawning without ammo

Was it intended that you spawn without ammo if you dont have any in your locker? I think they fixed a bug or something with ammo but I assume it's not inteded to spawn without ammo?

• Like 1

probably.

wait can you have that as a signature?

27 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

probably.

probably intended or probably bugged?

and yes I can.

probably intended.

it's not hard to buy ammo and you're probably doing something really weird if you can't afford to upkeep ammo.
it barely matters when you're starting out and actually want to save money to get a better car and your money is like less than $20k or something.

but a lot of "veteran" players find it as a waste of clicks. should be an option to automatically top off ammo periodically.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

probably intended.

it's not hard to buy ammo and you're probably doing something really weird if you can't afford to upkeep ammo.
it barely matters when you're starting out and actually want to save money to get a better car and your money is like less than $20k or something.

but a lot of "veteran" players find it as a waste of clicks. should be an option to automatically top off ammo periodically.

sure I agree it's not "hard" and it's super affordable, but it's just that you will for sure forget it a few times and then you respawn without ammo and potentially lose a stage/mission 😕

this is how the game originally was, g1 unintentionally broke something at some point so that the game automatically resupplies you after a death

its not my favorite thing, but really only because the ammo purchasing system is so clunky

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

its not my favorite thing, but really only because the ammo purchasing system is so clunky

Is it the mechanic being clunky though or just the slow-as-snails UI system that presents it?

Just now, Nite said:
Is it the mechanic being clunky though or just the slow-as-snails UI system that presents it?
both

theres no button to just buy maximum available ammo, you have to purchase each ammo type separately, if you try to purchase too much ammo (why is this even a thing) you have to close out pop up warning boxes, etc

all that plus the monstrously bad ui performance 

Frankly the ammo system might as well have been removed after it got "broken" since you always spawned with full ammo anyway and the impact on your income as a money sink has always been negligible, especially if you have Premium.

Edited by Rikard86

Did the newest patch fix the bug that auto-bought you ammo upon spawning?

Neat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Neat.

what's neat about it?

1 minute ago, EmptyPillow said:
2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Neat.

what's neat about it?

It's been a bug, made the feature to buy ammo completely useless, as well as the joker vending machines to buy ammo.

It's content. I like content. I prefer it the non-buggy way. You can buy ammo at any resupply point anyway, so what's the problem.
  • Like 1

Just now, GhosT said:

It's been a bug, made the feature to buy ammo completely useless, as well as the joker vending machines to buy ammo.

It's content. I like content. I prefer it the non-buggy way. You can buy ammo at any resupply point anyway, so what's the problem.
yeah that's some sick content right there
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:
what's neat about it?
The idea was probably to force you to keep track of your supplies (and penalize you if you don't) which is nice IMO; APB always seemed to be a blend of MMO and 3rd PS so more of that is welcome (or so I think)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:
7 minutes ago, GhosT said:

yeah that's some sick content right there

It is. As @Nite said, it forces you to keep track of your supplies. APB was intended to be a MMOTPS, and that was one feature of it. Glad it's coming back.

7 hours ago, GhosT said:
It's content.
Completely pointless, tedious, and irrelevant busywork is not content. Period, full stop.

They need to fix the actual bug (resupply on respawn not actually deducting money as it should), instead of further breaking it by removing it entirely.
  • Like 1

The ammo vending are one of the worst mechanics in the game, where you need to go through several menus to fill out your ammo, and then you play until you respawn without ammo. It's an additional step that creates frustration, and makes it harder for new players to get into the game.

Having a cost while resupplying is good, it's just the unnecessary steps needed that are bad.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:
Completely pointless, tedious, and irrelevant busywork is not content. Period, full stop.

They need to fix the actual bug (resupply on respawn not actually deducting money as it should), instead of further breaking it by removing it entirely.
This, why the faen would you want to want to go and waste time every now and then justo to spam clicks to be buying ammo from vending machines when it could just be given to you automatically?

What's even worse is when you've then run out of ammo without realizing it, and when you're spawning mid-mission and are all outta say, grenades, something that could easily decide the outcome of your given situation. This is but a stupid system that is only going to screw people over in their missions, and what's even worse than all that is that it will confuse the living hell out of already so confused newbies to find themselves not only losing mission after mission, but questioning why the fuck they haven't gotten access to something like grenades.
  • Like 2

I agree with Hexerin, this is a complete pisstake,I really don't want to fucking go to a joker ammo and buy ammo, I'd rather have it auto buy it on death.

• Like 1

Ammo system should either be revamped so that it's not as long and tedious to get your ammo, or just reverted back to his past state and auto-resupply on respawn. Right now it's BS to me, and to a lot of other people.

21 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:
21 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

and yes I can.

Now has no signature 🤔

21 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

Was it intended that you spawn without ammo if you don't have any in your locker? I think they fixed a bug or something with ammo but I assume it's not intended to spawn without ammo?

You were secretly hiding it's kittens again weren't you.....
Is that how it's broken now?

21 hours ago, GhosT said:

It was not a bug. It was intentionally done by Reloaded. It should not have been reverted.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
22 hours ago, GhosT said:

It was not a bug. It was intentionally done by Reloaded. It should not have been reverted.

Did they ever say so?

If I recall correctly, it just happened without them ever mentioning it.

I feel like the idea of ammo management would have worked only in the old gameplay of the original APB. The current game state is too fast paced to allow wasted time into purchasing ammo manually.
While it could be a neat feature out of missions, during missions it is just an absurd penalization.

Also, it's not the ammo buy mechanic to be clunky. The whole inventory management is, which makes even the most easy action (like weapon changing) a whole world of pain.