Sign in to follow this  
DivineLiberty

Good Gaming PCs Under $1,000 USD?

So I am leaving on June 12th for Basic Training (United States Army), for nine weeks. During AIT (Advanced Individual Training), which lasts 22 weeks, I wont be able to have my desktop with me but I can have a laptop, I am giving myself a $1,000 USD budget so I don't overkill but I still get something decent. Anyone have any laptops they have used (preferably for APB), or any good ones they know about. Maybe a few reasons why too, so I can compare. 

Thanks, Divine.

APB relies heavily on single threaded performance. So, get the best CPU that caters to that, that you can afford.

Anything with a Powerful (Read: High-Frequency/Core) i3 or i5 CPU, preferably that you can Overclock will work best. Also an SSD will help. 

Also something that has a discreet GPU, because chipset graphics suck. Doesn't really matter how bad the GPU is for APB.

Edited by Zoehh

Look up individual builds on pcpartpicker. There's lots of posts of people making their own PC's with set budgets.

The only big site that pcpartpicker doesnt price match with that Ive noticed is microcenter. Past that, pcpartpicker.com is pretty good for making builds. gl. 🙂

Visit alickdeals often. There was a 500 GB ssd for $80 or something. 

When I was in us last year I also bought a 8 TB HD for $130. Wish I bought more. Prices are a joke in Canada. 

Edit: you are talking about laptop and not a desktop PC. I dunno how anyone can help you. Are there even custom built laptops?

I'm waiting for later this year to build. That's when new video cards should be out so the bit mining pricing will die off. 

Edited by killerskull

With laptop I don't think you will get anything decent without spending some. Most builds are not meant for gaming, and those that do are usually at $ 1500-2000.

Regardless, I would suggest to look at ASUS models: they tend to have fairly good performance without being overpriced. My old laptop was an ASUS N56Z (at the time paid about 1.2k) and it could run APB smoothly at around 90fps without advanced launcher, just default settings.

Edited by Nessie

2 hours ago, Stefanobut said:

So I am leaving on June 12th for Basic Training (United States Army), for nine weeks. During AIT (Advanced Individual Training), which lasts 22 weeks, I wont be able to have my desktop with me but I can have a laptop, I am giving myself a $1,000 USD budget so I don't overkill but I still get something decent. Anyone have any laptops they have used (preferably for APB), or any good ones they know about. Maybe a few reasons why too, so I can compare. 

Thanks, Divine.

Got  amd phenom 965 BE 3.6 oc x4 for about 6 years and can run most everything pretty decent.

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

I'd be looking at laptops with 7th or 8th gen i7 processors

You don't need i7 for APB, the only difference between i7 and i5 is Hyperthreading, which does nothing for APB at all.

46 minutes ago, iAdoreHer said:

AlienWare - Top of the line premium gaming desktop/laptop/accessories.

lol.

Define good? what do you expect to get for 1000$ right now? What do you want to play on the PC right now or in the future? 1000$ is thanks to the GPU and Ram market not much.

2 hours ago, iAdoreHer said:

AlienWare - Top of the line premium gaming desktop/laptop/accessories. Even cheaper when it's on sale during the holidays and/or flash sale. 

http://www.dell.com/en-us/gaming/alienware

Alienware would be the laaaaast thing i buy. I mean you pay alot just for the name (like apple etc).

And sometimes you get better laptops for less money from Acer n Co.

and about Pc‘s yeh uhm selfbuild 😛

• Like 1

If you want to save money, always, always build your own PC.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

that would normally be true but not right now because crypto miners..... they should die in a fire.

20 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Actually in 2018, with the prices of GPU's and RAM, having an aggregator build it is actually pretty cost-efficient since they sell you the parts for only a little more than MSRP plus build fee.
As a test I Looked at NZXT's "BLD" Service (Change 1080 to 1080ti and swap to Win10Pro here) and built the best Intel system it allowed (Can get extra stuff but test). They charge $2,680 including build fee (With actually pretty decent cable management), 2 day shipping, and 2 year warranty on all parts and components (plus manufacturer's warranty's if applicable).
The same system built on PCPartPicker is $2390 (Currently). That's at base shipping cost and no tax since those laws differ per where you live. If you had everything shipped in 2 days it'd cost about the same.

I do always advise building your own system and doing your own research into what parts you want/need but the point is that pre-builts in 2018 are actually worth it if you want to save some time and effort.

Some Pre-builts. Never go into a BestBuy and buy the latest Alienware Dell PoS.

That said, OP asked about Laptops, so the point is moot regardless.

4 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

That said, OP asked about Laptops, so the point is moot regardless.

I musta missed that part, that's a whole other thing.

I'm excited for you, going to the marine recruiter in a couple days.

Sign in to follow this