Ellix

To do or not to do (MIDTOWN)

42 minutes ago, Ellix said:

[video]

LOD pop in and the extreme depth of field blur hurt me so much every time

i like this look quite a bit otherwise, except for the random bright colored highlights on some buildings

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

I still would love a new (big) mission map, it  wouldn't just fun to play in something new for once, but jesus we need something new and fresh to explore.

Specially an heavily urban one with tight corridors and weird path ways.

8 hours ago, Ellix said:

Talking about the old engine. Not Unreal 3.5. It hass always been said that there's no way anything can be done to get rid of these horrible shaders the game currently has, though it was never really confirmed by any G1 staff as far as I remember.

Considering the Yukon was also deemed unfixable by old G1 yet one of the first things that actually got fixed after LO took over, I wonder if shaders in the engine the game currently runs on is the same story.

Edited by Haganu

12 hours ago, Haganu said:

Talking about the old engine. Not Unreal 3.5. It hass always been said that there's no way anything can be done to get rid of these horrible shaders the game currently has, though it was never really confirmed by any G1 staff as far as I remember.

Considering the Yukon was also deemed unfixable by old G1 yet one of the first things that actually got fixed after LO took over, I wonder if shaders in the engine the game currently runs on is the same story.

It was probably just G1's unwillingness to undo all the hard work they put into making the game look like a pile of shit.  Just like how when we tried the higher TTK districts they intentionally made it awful to play so we wouldn't want to switch to new stats and invalidate the work they've done towards making the ttk shorter.

I bet that with some effort they could revert the visuals to a time when it looked beautiful.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

It was probably just G1's unwillingness to undo all the hard work they put into making the game look like a pile of shit.  Just like how when we tried the higher TTK districts they intentionally made it awful to play so we wouldn't want to switch to new stats and invalidate the work they've done towards making the ttk shorter.

I bet that with some effort they could revert the visuals to a time when it looked beautiful.

I feel the same way. Come to think of it, a lot of things we flagged as impossible before weren't even official word, but just hearsay.

Edited by Haganu

On 10/11/2018 at 9:19 PM, BXNNXD said:

LOD pop in and the extreme depth of field blur hurt me so much every time

i like this look quite a bit otherwise, except for the random bright colored highlights on some buildings

Matt actually commented on this video before:

On 9/8/2018 at 2:58 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

I actually have no idea what build this video was taken from. I can say that it isn't from any recent build of ours.
Having said that, I think we should keep the expectations for the Unreal 3.5 upgrade realistic.
We aren't remodeling the districts. The goal is to sync the codebase and improve performance on modern hardware.

Thanks,
Matt

Watch me work on the map LIVE at Twitch