Ellix

To do or not to do (MIDTOWN)

23 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:
On 10/1/2018 at 12:34 AM, Yood said:

BrandonBranderson we've known each other for a long time. I respect that . but the pictures you provided don't match. it's just Asalim usturoi concept . assume that MIDTOWN is where the near -
Ellix do.  if we don't answer ( LO ), it doesn't mean we're not interested, or we ignore you, most likely a different approach and solution is required here. Thank. 
but have Lo their plans . 

That first picture is just Crackdown.  Another good game, but I don't really understand what you mean by the pictures I posted not matching?  They were different versions of Asylum from different points in development.  I'm pretty sure the ones with the orange sky and heavy fog were teaser pictures from G1 from before Asylum was released.  Are you saying they're not Midtown?  What is usturoi?  I Googled it but it came up as Romanian for Garlic...  Asylum Garlic Concept.  
I don't want to get into a debate and teach you .Google helps .

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-07-23/20090723223203921.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/rorycellanjones/2010/08/realtime_worlds_-_game_over.html

The second birth of the failed in 2010 MMO-action with chases and shootings in the modern city.

The story of the massive multiplayer game APB or All Points Bulletin is quite sad. On the one hand, the Creator of this project David Jones (David Jones) has a huge experience. On his account such indisputable masterpieces as Lemmings, the first two parts of Grand Theft Auto, Crackdown, Body Harvest and many others. On the other — he failed to bring APB to mind, and the project failed with a deafening crash.

The plan was correct and had to work: players were waiting for the urban jungle, the chase on the beautiful cars and fierce firefights. It is enough to present Grand Theft Auto in MMO-format and everything becomes clear. In fact, APB ruined the unfinished network code and the fact that the game was not enough interesting tasks and a lot of bugs. Of course, fans of the genre did not understand what they have to pay a subscription fee for. Soon the servers had to shut down, announcing the closure of the project. 

I was asked. - I answered.

MIDTOWN  should get more attention from developers .

JT75owIc1R.jpg

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yood said:
I don't want to get into a debate and teach you .Google helps .

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-07-23/20090723223203921.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/rorycellanjones/2010/08/realtime_worlds_-_game_over.html

The second birth of the failed in 2010 MMO-action with chases and shootings in the modern city.

The story of the massive multiplayer game APB or All Points Bulletin is quite sad. On the one hand, the Creator of this project David Jones (David Jones) has a huge experience. On his account such indisputable masterpieces as Lemmings, the first two parts of Grand Theft Auto, Crackdown, Body Harvest and many others. On the other — he failed to bring APB to mind, and the project failed with a deafening crash.

The plan was correct and had to work: players were waiting for the urban jungle, the chase on the beautiful cars and fierce firefights. It is enough to present Grand Theft Auto in MMO-format and everything becomes clear. In fact, APB ruined the unfinished network code and the fact that the game was not enough interesting tasks and a lot of bugs. Of course, fans of the genre did not understand what they have to pay a subscription fee for. Soon the servers had to shut down, announcing the closure of the project. 

I was asked. - I answered.

Ok.  Now I'm REALLY fuckin confused.  I know that RTW shut down, that's no secret and I've actually read those articles a long time ago.  I'm not trying to debate with you, I'm just trying to figure out what the hell you're talking about.  I do want Midtown to be a thing if that's what you're saying.  I don't know which of my posts you were replying to because you didn't quote it, I just happened to see my name in your post.  In my first post regarding Asylum I just said that I'm curious about how a completely finished Asylum would look if RTW actually had time to finish it.

56 minutes ago, Yood said:
JT75owIc1R.jpg

i dont think this is official concept art, the logo is incbox's

they do pretty nice work imo, but as far as im aware they have no official relation to apb

18 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
I don't really understand what you mean by the pictures I posted not matching?  They were different versions of Asylum from different points in development.
The pictures you posted are from the Enforcers social district concept called "HQ". Asylum was the corresponding Criminals social district.
Early during development they scrapped the idea of separate socials and introduced Breakwater Marina instead.

39 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:
The pictures you posted are from the Enforcers social district concept called "HQ". Asylum was the corresponding Criminals social district.
Early during development they scrapped the idea of separate socials and introduced Breakwater Marina instead.
I didn't post the ones of HQ though, Yood did.  These are the ones I posted:  https://imgur.com/a/Wo2EnrH

On 10/3/2018 at 4:09 AM, Yood said:

JT75owIc1R.jpg

Hehe that's a concept art someone made for THIS project
Nothing original APB related 🙂

I don't think expanding the game's playable area is a bad idea at all, but there are so many other issues that take priority over any type of expansion like this. You also have to consider the development cost and the money the game is bringing in at its current state. The original game cost $100M to develop (obviously too much), but creating a new map, especially with modern textures and assets for UE4 would take a lot of time and cost a significant sum.

25 minutes ago, Sneerz said:

I don't think expanding the game's playable area is a bad idea at all, but there are so many other issues that take priority over any type of expansion like this. You also have to consider the development cost and the money the game is bringing in at its current state. The original game cost $100M to develop (obviously too much), but creating a new map, especially with modern textures and assets for UE4 would take a lot of time and cost a significant sum.

original developer misused the money so it cost way  too much. development number isn't accurate because of it.
engine upgrade is critical for anything to be made better as well as new content and that is scheduled for completion at the end of the year/beginning of next year.
then  the menu for choosing areas needs to be scrapped and a new one completely made so that new areas as well as beacon can be added
somewhere in there though  matchmaking MUST be fixed and a  proper tutorial made to replace our current one so new players do not get trolled by veterans and quit from it.
and if somewhere in all the other things as well they make a walk in tasty burger id be happy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
original developer misused the money so it cost way  too much. development number isn't accurate because of it.
engine upgrade is critical for anything to be made better as well as new content and that is scheduled for completion at the end of the year/beginning of next year.
then  the menu for choosing areas needs to be scrapped and a new one completely made so that new areas as well as beacon can be added
somewhere in there though  matchmaking MUST be fixed and a  proper tutorial made to replace our current one so new players do not get trolled by veterans and quit from it.
and if somewhere in all the other things as well they make a walk in tasty burger id be happy
Aod all of this before the money runs out.
I dont envy Matt. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
I dont envy Matt. 

hey maybe we should all mail them cocoa mix for  the winter so they can stay perky and warm while they work?
might help speed up the engine upgrade productivity

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:
hey maybe we should all mail them cocoa mix for  the winter so they can stay perky and warm while they work?
Stay warm? In California?

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Just now, Fortune Runner said:
Stay warm? In California?
it snows in Mojave every year
central Cali gets snow as well in the mountains and occasionally in the valley (valley still freezes though)
not sure about northern Cali

besides they have offices all over not just in Cali

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
it snows in Mojave every year
central Cali gets snow as well in the mountains and occasionally in the valley (valley still freezes though)
not sure about northern Cali

besides they have offices all over not just in Cali
I think I'll save my money for when they produce a product worth spending it on.
I doubt anyone at LO is concerned about you or I staying perky and warm, forget about being willing spending money to assure it. Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, CookiePuss said:
I think I'll save my money for when they produce a product worth spending it on.
I doubt anyone at LO is concerned about you or I staying perky and warm, forget about being willing spending money to assure it.
fine send them cat pictures or something......

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I doubt anyone at LO is concerned about you or I staying perky and warm, forget about being willing spending money to assure it.
fine send them cat pictures or something......
You got it boss...
JePmbUK.gif

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

aww so cute

why derail such a good topic?

Just now, EMilika said:
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

aww so cute

why derail such a good topic?
it wasn't derailed just a long topic post conversation  split up with us.
didn't you notice our conversation in this conversation about this conversation ended?

edit :
p.s. ....you kitten hater!!! for shame!!!
Edited by Fortune Runner

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
I dont envy Matt. 

how much work was done on midtown before they put it on hold back in the day? enough to be doable or just bits n pieces?

You'll need to redo the topology. I'm seeing 7 sided ngons on the buildings. 

43 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
how much work was done on midtown before they put it on hold back in the day? enough to be doable or just bits n pieces?
the easternmost side of financial is midtown assets, it was never more than a few set pieces for trailers and promos

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

the easternmost side of financial is midtown assets, it was never more than a few set pieces for trailers and promos

if they ever make APB into a full free roam city then that would make it easier wouldn't it?

On 9/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, Grizmo said:

Imagine having 1 BIG map with all the districts connecting up to each other. You'd only ever have to load into one map. And you could either drive to each district or maybe fast travel or something like that. So instead of joining another district to complete missions for a contact, you'd only need to drive over to a different part of the map.

that would feel more like an mmo

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

if they ever make APB into a full free roam city then that would make it easier wouldn't it?
That wouldn't really work in a game like APB, having huge maps would have a negative effect on gameplay , all the missions would have to be reworked to take into account the longer time it would take to get anywhere, so longer missions longer time limits. Teams could be spread far and wide at the beginning of the mission so if you had one group of players bunched up in close proximity to the objective they'd have a massive advantage - you already see this to a small extent in the game as it is now. Then factor in the sheer amount of time it takes to get anywhere, it can already take over a minute to get from one side of the map to another - do you really want to be driving for 2,3,4 minutes before you get to the objective ?

I'm all for new maps/content but I think the current map size is perfectly balanced for the way the game plays.

3 hours ago, Kimotsi said:
On 9/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, Grizmo said:

Imagine having 1 BIG map with all the districts connecting up to each other. You'd only ever have to load into one map. And you could either drive to each district or maybe fast travel or something like that. So instead of joining another district to complete missions for a contact, you'd only need to drive over to a different part of the map.

that would feel more like an mmo
Is APB not an mmo?