Ellix

To do or not to do (MIDTOWN)

This looks awesome, some serious time and work were put into it.

Hopefully we're making enough fuss here to bring LO's attention to this topic and a direct answer if it can be used, and hopefully it'll be, saves them a bunch of time and resources finishing this rather than starting from 0, and gets us the district faster

Goodluck !

The only thing I would have as a concern and it's probably nothing if there is some legality that would prevent the dev team from using any player base content .  I know in gamed like City of Heroes and Star Trek Online they have and had (since COH is gone)  an option where you could take missions that were created by players. STO would have a problem since they have to answer to a lawyer team from CBS and Paramount before their own devs can create anything new or from the shows or movies so that pretty much shut them out from using player content with only one exception with a contest for a design for a new ship.

APB Reloaded would probably not have to answer to any lawyer team since the game is original content and since Matt Scott basically owns the game it would probably be just his decision to use any of this. The only reason why I bring this up is because if these were his concerns it would probably be to establish that this was a contribution and the contributor wasn't expecting any sort of monetary exchange.  My last post on this thread was also to suggest that maybe a contest with some sort of reward, maybe that could be the workaround to any sort of monetary payment for contributed content.

It would be interesting to me at least to see how Matt could answer the process he might have for such a thing, if he were interested.

Edited by Kadama
I wrote "Stone" instead of "Scott" I fear for my life now ! lol

Can we move it to suggestion? kinda..

On 9/19/2018 at 3:29 PM, Grizmo said:

Imagine having 1 BIG map with all the districts connecting up to each other. You'd only ever have to load into one map. And you could either drive to each district or maybe fast travel or something like that. So instead of joining another district to complete missions for a contact, you'd only need to drive over to a different part of the map.

On UE3.5 or 4 this might be possible.

Missions could/should still be limited to the district they're started in (which in turn is based on which contact you pledge to), but you could simply drive into an adjacent district, possibly without a loading screen at all.

The reason APB originally didn't have this, as far as I'm aware, is that their version of UE simply didn't support modern game-world "streaming". I believe the current districts are essentially still built as individual "rooms" that load when you enter them, which is how UE handled environments at the time.

NO FIX HACK CHEAT FIRST MEN ! !

edit: na i can't shitpost on a post that has this much effort put in, looks great but im sure everyone wants to see the fabled midtown and possible the faction based social districts as well

Edited by sidezz

21 hours ago, sidezz said:

edit: na i can't shitpost on a post that has this much effort put in, looks great but im sure everyone wants to see the fabled midtown and possible the faction based social districts as well

I'd really like to see Asylum in its original form as a social district.  Managed to find some screenshots of it from that time.

https://imgur.com/a/Wo2EnrH

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:
I'd really like to see Asylum in its original form as a social district.  Managed to find some screenshots of it from that time.

honestly i never really thought asylum blended very well with the apb aesthetic 

but the only alternative is removing it, and deleting content is the worst 

Some good work has been done here. Long may that continue.

5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

dont u dare touch the only thing i love in this world anymore

On 9/19/2018 at 8:57 AM, Hexerin said:

It's basically just a slightly modified Financial. Not worth the cost, both in dev time and playerbase splitting (not that what little playerbase we have could even sustain such a split).

Can we stop downvoting people's opinion? Like jeez. When one person makes a good post and someone gives their opinion. People or skids get butthurt and downvote. Just let this guy or gal have their opinion.
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
Can we stop downvoting people's opinion? Like jeez. When one person makes a good post and someone gives their opinion. People or skids get butthurt and downvote. Just let this guy or gal have their opinion.
you upvote if you agree, so you downvote if you disagree 

what’s the big deal?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
you upvote if you agree, so you downvote if you disagree 

what’s the big deal?
Just been seeing alot of downvotes.
Luckily, downvotes have no effect.
Feel free to ignore them completely, I do. 

7 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
Just been seeing alot of downvotes.
It shouldn't be surprising.

Edited by Hexerin

Actually the point is that Midtown will have more variety of areas and will be some sort of mix between Financial and Asylum with a bit more rooftop\cqc and underground gameplay

• Like 1

Impressive, something as Detroit? Really liked this idea.

18 hours ago, sidezz said:
23 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

dont u dare touch the only thing i love in this world anymore
Guess I worded that wrong, I didn't mean I wanted it to become a social district,  I just wanted to see what it would have been like had it been finished with the original idea and layout.  I want it to stay as a Fight Club too.

22 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
honestly i never really thought asylum blended very well with the apb aesthetic 

but the only alternative is removing it, and deleting content is the worst 
Tbh, we never really got to see RTW's final vision for it.  APB was obviously meant to be a much bigger game with a lot more content, so maybe with the additional locations in the game Asylum would have fit in better.  One of the screenshots of it had the old stainless steel APB logo, so it's safe to say that those screenshots were from pretty early on in development.  My guess is if they did finish Asylum, it would probably end up being more nightclub-like.
  Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

BrandonBranderson we've known each other for a long time. I respect that . but the pictures you provided don't match. it's just Asalim usturoi concept . assume that MIDTOWN is where the near -
7Z0iVuTPjh.jpg

2kXvoU8t8W.jpg

jS7Fbkp131.jpg

07DE2j830x.jpg

Ellix do.  if we don't answer ( LO ), it doesn't mean we're not interested, or we ignore you, most likely a different approach and solution is required here. Thank. 

but have Lo their plans . 

Edited by Yood

On 9/30/2018 at 5:34 PM, Yood said:

7Z0iVuTPjh.jpg

Correct me if Im wrong but that's Crackdown 😛

On 9/26/2018 at 11:18 AM, BrandonBranderson said:
Guess I worded that wrong, I didn't mean I wanted it to become a social district,  I just wanted to see what it would have been like had it been finished with the original idea and layout.  I want it to stay as a Fight Club too.
  Tbh, we never really got to see RTW's final vision for it.  APB was obviously meant to be a much bigger game with a lot more content, so maybe with the additional locations in the game Asylum would have fit in better.  One of the screenshots of it had the old stainless steel APB logo, so it's safe to say that those screenshots were from pretty early on in development.  My guess is if they did finish Asylum, it would probably end up being more nightclub-like.

RTW's vision was to go for a fight club type setup too you know. That was decided rather early on in the games life. Problem is G1 never got around to seeing that all the way through either. We had a chopped up test version of asylum that sadly never got finished. It's in a very awkward state to say the least. Many of the planned features simply had to be axed for the time.

I'd love to see them go back and at least try doing a little bit more with it. The original version of it had so much more to offer visually than the torn up version we see now for starters. 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

RTW's vision was to go for a fight club type setup too you know. That was decided rather early on in the games life. Problem is G1 never got around to seeing that all the way through either. We had a chopped up test version of asylum that sadly never got finished. It's in a very awkward state to say the least. Many of the planned features simply had to be axed for the time.

I'd love to see them go back and at least try doing a little bit more with it. The original version of it had so much more to offer visually than the torn up version we see now for starters. 

Agree
Also if you go out of bounds those are some nice gameplay spaces
They just need a bit more of cover props and such
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellix said:

Agree
Also if you go out of bounds those are some nice gameplay spaces
They just need a bit more of cover props and such
 I think they do not even suspect that they bought .

On 9/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, Yood said:

BrandonBranderson we've known each other for a long time. I respect that . but the pictures you provided don't match. it's just Asalim usturoi concept . assume that MIDTOWN is where the near -
Ellix do.  if we don't answer ( LO ), it doesn't mean we're not interested, or we ignore you, most likely a different approach and solution is required here. Thank. 
but have Lo their plans . 

That first picture is just Crackdown.  Another good game, but I don't really understand what you mean by the pictures I posted not matching?  They were different versions of Asylum from different points in development.  I'm pretty sure the ones with the orange sky and heavy fog were teaser pictures from G1 from before Asylum was released.  Are you saying they're not Midtown?  What is usturoi?  I Googled it but it came up as Romanian for Garlic...  Asylum Garlic Concept.