Ellix

To do or not to do (MIDTOWN)

22 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

As long as midtown is bigger than financial and waterfront maps together then I'd be happy.
We all run into each other way too much.
Hope they get an overhaul to be bigger maps too.

large empty open world maps are pretty played out imo, id much rather have a smaller city section thats very intricate (interiors, rooftops, ledges, etc)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whats wrong with wanting to be able to drive to the objective without slamming into half the map players?
Nothing wrong with a little more room. No one said gigantic

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:
uptown - short buildings
oqfhOOE.gif

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Whats wrong with wanting to be able to drive to the objective without slamming into half the map players?
Nothing wrong with a little more room. No one said gigantic

i mean these are only a few players opinions and subjective as fuck but i think the density seems fine atm? slamming into half the map players sounds like an exaggeration.

2 minutes ago, Keshi said:
mfw im looking at the menu and trying to decide what i want but i dont want to make a bad choice because i dont want to pretend to enjoy my food so i go with safe options and never really explore out of the "usual".

If you need assets, I can help you, I have quite advanced knowledge in blender.
Just give me a message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

please for the love of god keep working on this you beautiful man

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please do. This is an awesome project and it's amazing to see how far you've come with this. I remember when you first had this idea and posted it on the forums. Great stuff.

• Like 6

I remember back when you guys started this and I was gonna do the audio stuff.  Good thing I didn't get a chance to do anything for it because looking back on it now after seeing APB's whole sound library there would have been no need for it.  Anyway good luck on this!  I'd love it to become a thing.  Did Zombie even read the post though?  The way she said it seems like she thinks we're trying to dig up Midtown's files, and not create a new district from scratch.

This is great! loved it back then and I'm still a fan of this idea, LO should pick this up and treat it well, and we'll have a new map soon!
Although I kinda dislike that it's like the other already existing maps, "just a flat surface". I never really liked that APB's maps are super flat, only ups and downs are highways and sometimes tunnels, but the base surface (probably 90% of streets and alleys) are just straight flat.
I think APB should upgrade a bit... everything visual needs to be upgraded (guess some of that is already happening with UE3.4), but there's still more to it... mapping is obviously one thing that should be upgraded.. some more details to the already existing districts, maybe slightly higher texture resolutions for designs...  and I'd love to have higher poly counts for vehicles.
obviously this all needs to be managed really well so we don't get shitty performance, but at some point it things have to be upgraded...

anyway, I heard you're posting an upgraded version of your old "spot balancing suggestion" thread?
can't wait for that, I really hope LO will consider what you'll be posting there!

13 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

anyway, I heard you're posting an upgraded version of your old "spot balancing suggestion" thread?
can't wait for that, I really hope LO will consider what you'll be posting there!

It's in the works
I just need to find a better way of representing some of the changes visually..

3 hours ago, Roxane said:

If you need assets, I can help you, I have quite advanced knowledge in blender.
Just give me a message.

I'm up for any help!
PM me any sort of communication method and we could talk!
(Although I don't have a stable internet connection at the moment so it may take some time XD)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Really neat, and hopefully it can be used as a base for a new district in the future. Though I miss your old topic with level design balancing for the existing districts:
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/329214-not-so-lazy-ideas-for-map-changing/

I believe there's some work being done on the levels at the moment for the upcoming UE3.5 update, so I think now would be the most optimal time to post suggestions for improvements.

I'm working on renewing this thread + adding Asylum and Baylan 
Just need to get some APB models again so I can edit the screenshots in photoshop by adding actual 3D models

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

As long as midtown is bigger than financial and waterfront maps together then I'd be happy.
We all run into each other way too much.
Hope they get an overhaul to be bigger maps too.

If it's designed as I plan it it will be a bit bigger then those maps by flat size and also feel a bit bigger because there will be more
inside environments / rooftop gameplay / vents and ramps used in the district
This is southern parts of San Paro so it is a darker area then the current mission districts (As can be seen by the APB: Retribution's general theme)

Also I assume there will be a lot of "base building" on the map if for example the game mode used will be something similar to Anarchy event
Add unlimited count of consumables to it and you got yourself areas that can be actually captured and protected
Design a game mode based on base capturing and general relativity of captured spots such as graffiti walls and orange circles 
and give points to those that help to capture Midtown and you have a game that is APB but already different from current APB a lot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ellix said:

there will be more
inside environments / rooftop gameplay / vents and ramps used in the district

3 thumbs up

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

i mean these are only a few players opinions and subjective as fuck but i think the density seems fine atm? slamming into half the map players sounds like an exaggeration.

mfw im looking at the menu and trying to decide what i want but i dont want to make a bad choice because i dont want to pretend to enjoy my food so i go with safe options and never really explore out of the "usual".
three nights ago wasn't an exaggeration in financial outside ty's spawn....20+ cars all trying to get to  objectives it was nuts rofl some had passengers some didn't so not really exaggerated

As much as I've always wanted Midtown and a lot of more contacts and possibly even new factions on either side, I'm worried that the playerbase would be split up too much considered how midtown would come as a whole new district meaning that the already little player count spread across both financial and waterfront would then get even more seperated, meaning we might just end up with financials and waterfront districts consisting of only 20 players on each side max during peak times if Midtown became a thing.

5 hours ago, Rarky said:

As much as I've always wanted Midtown and a lot of more contacts and possibly even new factions on either side, I'm worried that the playerbase would be split up too much considered how midtown would come as a whole new district meaning that the already little player count spread across both financial and waterfront would then get even more seperated, meaning we might just end up with financials and waterfront districts consisting of only 20 players on each side max during peak times if Midtown became a thing.

If you need lvl up, u must play in financial and waterfront.

Needs to be like a bit of Comton n Lynwood, a bit of The Bronx, a bit of San Fernando n some fkn Alabama n Oregon.
 Ya know some friggin foilage..Tow trucks n Air Boats, we can go Gator Hunting in the L.A. River. 
 Need somthin new :classic_dry:

6 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Needs to be like a bit of Comton n Lynwood, a bit of The Bronx, a bit of San Fernando n some fkn Alabama n Oregon.
 Ya know some friggin foilage..Tow trucks n Air Boats, we can go Gator Hunting in the L.A. River. 
 Need somthin new :classic_dry:

Will look for some refeferences 🙂
12 hours ago, Rarky said:

This is for LO to consider.
Could always start as an event map too Edited by Ellix
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ellix said:
Will look for some refeferences 🙂 This is for LO to consider.
Could always start as an event map too
I would by under all circumstances still love for something like Midtown to happen, though. All the thought you've put into this is clearly admirable, and I hope you're able to gain LO's interest in this!

I am very much on favor of new districts. I look it at as a game has got to grow to keep it's players interested and attract new ones.

There are plenty of games online that do this so it's not like some novel idea that's impossible to accomplish.

The powers that be in this game could even have a contest for ideas submitted for new districts and contacts. At this point what do we have to lose?

• Like 1

Great work so far from everyone involved.

I hope LO will get to this. And I hope the team in Sydney is making progress on getting us closer to UE4. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, Kadama said:

I am very much on favor of new districts. I look it at as a game has got to grow to keep it's players interested and attract new ones.

There are plenty of games online that do this so it's not like some novel idea that's impossible to accomplish.

The powers that be in this game could even have a contest for ideas submitted for new districts and contacts. At this point what do we have to lose?

Yes APB is a great platform 
This game needs more attention!
  • Like 2