SKay

[REGRESSION] Ammo is no longer re-supplied between death. Ammo must be re-supplied manually.

Description: Ammo is no longer re-supplied between death. Under previous game versions, ammo could be automatically re-supplied to the end user under the following circumstances:

• User Death
  • User Manual Intervention (re-supplying by buying new crates of ammo/grenades)
  • User Interaction with Resupply Points (the system buys the ammo required for re-supply on your behalf)

Under game version listed below, the first method of re-supply (in bold) has now regressed.

Game Version: 1.19.7.793699

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district, and equip a weapon that you have a low amount of ammo stored for.
3. Fire until the amount of ammo equipped is less than the ammo required to fill reserve ammo.
4. By any method, die and respawn.
5. Notice that the ammo is not re-filled, where under previous circumstances it would have been.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 4/4

Expected results: Ammo should be re-supplied between deaths.

so you'd go for automatic resupply and having that take the money from your balance?
Actually sounds like a good solution, but having it so you have to have it in your locker seems fair as well

i prefer it like this. if you are going to do it the other way you should have no ammo in the locker and purely resupply on money

This is INSANELY annoying. The whole ammo system is stupid in the first place, why do I have to spend time managing that? It adds 0 fun to the game, just leave it automatic.

Please fix and revert to the previous behaviour  @MattScott @Lixil

You prefer resupplying manually? You must be the type of sadist who enjoys EVE Online too

Just now, Skjaeg said:

i prefer it like this. if you are going to do it the other way you should have no ammo in the locker and purely resupply on money

Edited by Inquitoria

5 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

You prefer resupplying manually? You must be the type of sadist who enjoys EVE Online too

no just old habit, dont like any other mmos

14 minutes ago, Skjaeg said:

The old system was fine, and it was itself a fix for what SKay posted above; the game used to be like this originally, and it was NOT fun. Do you really honestly enjoy spawning into an opposed mission with literally 0 ammo because you didn't check your locker beforehand?

1 minute ago, Knite said:

The old system was fine, and it was itself a fix for what SKay posted above; the game used to be like this originally, and it was NOT fun. Do you really honestly enjoy spawning into an opposed mission with literally 0 ammo because you didn't check your locker beforehand?

i have literally never managed to get to 0 ammo, it really isnt that hard, and if it is maybe you should try fortnite

5 minutes ago, Skjaeg said:
7 minutes ago, Knite said:

i have literally never managed to get to 0 ammo, it really isnt that hard, and if it is maybe you should try fortnite
It happens frequently when you're running OSMAW/OPGL all day, and most of my main weapons are at 0 ammo now because of how the system has been for the last couple of years; maybe you should discuss the point rather than insulting me.

1 minute ago, Knite said:

It happens frequently when you're running OSMAW/OPGL all day, and most of my main weapons are at 0 ammo now because of how the system has been for the last couple of years; maybe you should discuss the point rather than insulting me.

it really is not that hard to buy ammo twice per session, i manage to do it every time i swap weapons/between each match. and to the most main weapons are at 0 ammo now? well so what? go to a joker ammo box and spend 3 minutes to fully ressuply literally every type of ammo in the game, its again, not that hard. im even open to having the broken system reimplemented but it should cost more to be automatically resupplies as opposed to doing it yourself.

2 hours ago, Skjaeg said:
2 hours ago, Knite said:

it really is not that hard to buy ammo twice per session, i manage to do it every time i swap weapons/between each match. and to the most main weapons are at 0 ammo now? well so what? go to a joker ammo box and spend 3 minutes to fully ressuply literally every type of ammo in the game, its again, not that hard. im even open to having the broken system reimplemented but it should cost more to be automatically resupplies as opposed to doing it yourself.
This is either a bug, or an intentional regression to the original ammo resupply mechanic; LO needs to clarify, because what was mentioned in the patch notes does not linguistically entail what we see in-game. Ammo "management" was never fun or useful, and as a money sink it works fine to resupply every time you die; ultimately games are meant to be fun, and the way this mechanic is currently working (and the way it was originally implemented by RTW) is NOT fun. There is no balance argument to be made here.