VegaStar

Remove crosshair turning red when aiming at enemies

As everone knows, when you aim directly at an enemy, your crosshair turns red. I know I might not get a majority to agree with me on this suggestion, but I suggest that this function should be removed. Why? Because:

* Anti-triggerbot: In games where the crosshair changes color when aiming at an enemy, it is most of the time very easy to make a simple triggerbot using only autohotkey script, thus no need for injection of this cheat and hence might be impossible to detect. Thus other players can easily get a very unfair advantage over you.

* N-HVR Nerf: Many seem to want the N-HVR to be nerfed, including me. Maybe part of the problem is that the crosshair turns red, so you know exactly when to shoot, even when you don't even see the enemy, you can just scan for them with your crosshair, pretty ridiculous. You might just aim randomly at some vegetation and viola! Crosshair turns red, time to shoot. Or when you aim  at an enemy behind one of those glass shielded railings that has a tiny tiny gap under it, well just place the crosshair at that gap and when crosshair turns red, shoot! (or let the triggerbot do it for you for some super human "skills").  This would be really difficult otherwise. Granted, this affects all weapons in the game, but becomes especially OP with snipers for sure!

I know, this function with the red crosshair has been in the game since day one, so I guess many might not want to part from it. But personally I would really want this gone. You want to snipe? See if you have the skills without red crosshair.

Or maybe disable it only for sniper rifles?

What do you guys think? Agree/disagree?

• Like 5

Color information that the crosshair is now on the enemy hitbox is a silly thing to have in a game because it's so easy to make a color triggerbot. BE may prevent scripts of various types or with various functions, but there are ways to get around that too, I'm afraid. With shader editing, changing world colors etc, things like the enemy nametags could be used to make scripted color aimbots (100% external), so this is one reason why shader modifications should be made 100% instantly bannable. I know shaders wont be editable in UE 3.5, but right now they are.

Related to this, having an overlay crosshair should just be made an ingame option. People have them built in as features in their monitors anyways. That way people will stop complaining about it being "unfair" and everyone will be on the same boat.

Edited by SilverCrow

How about no?

Don't balance games around hackers ever, and also don't change an entire game around one broken weapon instead of trying to fix said weapon.

• Like 4

Botters do not rely on the color the bot will fire regardless and kill the enemy of the bot

myself and other players rely in the color change sight so we dont shoot team members

I'd have to say no I don't want it changed

7 hours ago, Kewlin said:

How about no?

Don't balance games around hackers ever, and also don't change an entire game around one broken weapon instead of trying to fix said weapon.

this for like the 100th time.

something else came to mind......

shoot a team member get booted from match.... over a color indicator

do not like this even more now so no thanks

On 5/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, VegaStar said:

* Anti-triggerbot: In games where the crosshair changes color when aiming at an enemy, it is most of the time very easy to make a simple triggerbot using only autohotkey script, thus no need for injection of this cheat and hence might be impossible to detect. Thus other players can easily get a very unfair advantage over you.

Most triggerbots from "Major" hack providers aren't simple color-triggerbots. Just because you can't visually see the red marker (if they disabled it) doesn't mean it's still not being checked client/server side. Triggerbots would still work just the same as they do now, since under the hood the server is still telling your client you're aiming/shooting at an enemy.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:10 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Botters do not rely on the color the bot will fire regardless and kill the enemy of the bot

What do you mean? With an ahk script, the red color is exactly that which is relied upon. That is exactly what triggers it.

the cheaper bots did but some aim bots can aim the opposite way and still hit the target anyways so long as nothing is obstructing. the color actually doesn't matter they wont miss regardless

like the ones that auto fire when an opponent comes around a corner - they don't have to have you in their sights - i don't think i should go into more detail than that it might be unwise to

On 5/31/2018 at 9:46 AM, TheAceNinja said:

Most triggerbots from "Major" hack providers aren't simple color-triggerbots. Just because you can't visually see the red marker (if they disabled it) doesn't mean it's still not being checked client/server side. Triggerbots would still work just the same as they do now, since under the hood the server is still telling your client you're aiming/shooting at an enemy.

Yes but we are talking about scripts (usually ahk script) that anyone with some basic scripting skill can create, not any hack provider. We are not talking about a cheat that uses injection or any alteration of game files whatsoever, which relatively easy can be detected by something like Battle Eye.

I don't think you know how ahk triggerbot works. You say that triggerbots would work the same as they do now, but that is completely incorrect. Because if aiming at an enemy changes anything on your screen, either changing crosshair color or anything else that is unique for aiming at an enemy, that is what triggers the script to autmatically perform a mouse click.

A well adjusted ahk triggerbot can be very difficult or even almost impossible to detect, as it can be set with a small random variation in how fast it reacts, thus making it appear as manual mouse clicks. And it is very risk free to use ahk script in the current state of the game and there is basically no one who gets busted using a script like that. This makes these scripts very popular. 

This is why I believe Little Orbit really needs to make sure to do something about this.

Edited by VegaStar

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

the cheaper bots did but some aim bots can aim the opposite way and still hit the target anyways so long as nothing is obstructing. the color actually doesn't matter they wont miss regardless

like the ones that auto fire when an opponent comes around a corner - they don't have to have you in their sights - i don't think i should go into more detail than that it might be unwise to

Yes but we are not talking about aimbots at all here. We are talking about triggerbots and why the crosshair should not turn red when aiming at an enemy.

40 minutes ago, VegaStar said:

-Snip-

I mean, if you're main mention is AHK then it's not an issue at all. AHK itself is extremely easy to detect and has always been bannable.

Pretty sure BattlEye flags AHK. PunkBuster also flagged AHK but only the 32 bit version because, reasons.

Edited by swft

I could get on board with this.  It's kind of unfair to be able to discover/kill an enemy player that's in total concealment just by scanning the edges of whatever they're hiding behind.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:27 PM, TrinityFSB said:

I could get on board with this.  It's kind of unfair to be able to discover/kill an enemy player that's in total concealment just by scanning the edges of whatever they're hiding behind.

its not total concealment if you can see them

the crosshairs wont change aiming at a wall but it does change when aimed at  friendly or not so friendly targets

On 5/29/2018 at 3:22 PM, Kewlin said:

How about no?

On 5/29/2018 at 11:16 PM, LilyV3 said:

this for like the 100th time.

and these two have the best points on this

• Like 1

That's what concealment is.....  NOT SEEING THEM. 

No VISUAL indicator of them being there pre-shot. 

POST-SHOT in a shooter of any kind should be a completely different, yet corresponding story.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 8:30 PM, VegaStar said:

As everone knows, when you aim directly at an enemy, your crosshair turns red. I know I might not get a majority to agree with me on this suggestion, but I suggest that this function should be removed. Why? Because:

* N-HVR Nerf: Many seem to want the N-HVR to be nerfed, including me. Maybe part of the problem is that the crosshair turns red, so you know exactly when to shoot, even when you don't even see the enemy, you can just scan for them with your crosshair, pretty ridiculous. You might just aim randomly at some vegetation and viola! Crosshair turns red, time to shoot. Or when you aim  at an enemy behind one of those glass shielded railings that has a tiny tiny gap under it, well just place the crosshair at that gap and when crosshair turns red, shoot! (or let the triggerbot do it for you for some super human "skills").  This would be really difficult otherwise. Granted, this affects all weapons in the game, but becomes especially OP with snipers for sure!

I know, this function with the red crosshair has been in the game since day one, so I guess many might not want to part from it. But personally I would really want this gone. You want to snipe? See if you have the skills without red crosshair.

Or maybe disable it only for sniper rifles?

What do you guys think? Agree/disagree?

Yes Sir, it should have never existed in the first place. We will still get our red hit markers and thats all we need to know.

This recommendation is indeed a very good one. @MattScott

• Like 1