Ketog

For anyone wondering how shotguns are after the Trade Update , there you go :

So this is a very crude video but we tried primary shotguns and did in my opinion the most important tests we should have done with them

Heres the timestamps before you ask :

0:00 Ogre
0:55 NFAS
1:28 DOW
2:05 Strife + tests
5:10 Trash longer range NFAS test.
5:33 Trash longer range NFAS test.
6:55 Longer range DOW test.
9:30 CSG range test.
12:53 Shredder range tests

So what i can conclude after this is that shotguns pretty much feel the same but got a steeper damage drop when they get out of their range , just like carabines do .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

Rip console.

take a look at the blogpost

btt: did you also test how forgiving they are for bad aim? this was/is my biggest concern besides range, you didn't even have to hit enemies well and they still easily died
  • Like 2

Im not suprised tbh. These re-balances have been based on a broken as hell hitreg that has only recently been fixed. NOW they should look into re-balancing everything if and only if the hitreg works properly. If it doesnt work you cant balance anything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neophobia said:

btt: did you also test how forgiving they are for bad aim? this was/is my biggest concern besides range, you didn't even have to hit enemies well and they still easily died
they lowered the multiplier on consecutive pellets meaning you now have to land more to kill AND increased the TTK across all shotguns (DOW and NFAS excluded).

on paper it works, however when I tried the JG on Test A it wasn't that much different, at least until 7m
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
they lowered the multiplier on consecutive pellets meaning you now have to land more to kill AND increased the TTK across all shotguns (DOW and NFAS excluded).

on paper it works, however when I tried the JG on Test A it wasn't that much different, at least until 7m
TTK nerf should make pump shotguns a lot less grating to go up against

Overall, which shotguns seem to have been nerfed/buffed? I'll try to post my impressions here but feel free to correct me

Ogre was surely unintentionally buffed, i remember it killing with 4 shots, same thing for NFAS (...? i havent used the normal nfas in a while...)

From what i read Strife is a lot more usable now. Looks like range and spread both got improved

No word on NFAS range test because as i said above i almost never use the normal N-FAS.

Looks like Thumper wasn't changed at all

I'm confused at the CSG... In the very first of the dev's post, i remember reading about the spread tightening, but also a fire rate decrease for extra range for CSG... TBH i don't see a reason to pick CSG up over JG or other shotguns...

No words on shredder, never tried it.

Help me for those weapons i had no word for please

1 hour ago, TheFakestOfFakeGolds said:

Overall, which shotguns seem to have been nerfed/buffed? I'll try to post my impressions here but feel free to correct me

Ogre was surely unintentionally buffed, i remember it killing with 4 shots, same thing for NFAS (...? i havent used the normal nfas in a while...)

From what i read Strife is a lot more usable now. Looks like range and spread both got improved

No word on NFAS range test because as i said above i almost never use the normal N-FAS.

Looks like Thumper wasn't changed at all

I'm confused at the CSG... In the very first of the dev's post, i remember reading about the spread tightening, but also a fire rate decrease for extra range for CSG... TBH i don't see a reason to pick CSG up over JG or other shotguns...

No words on shredder, never tried it.

Help me for those weapons i had no word for please

Pretty sure none of the NFAS have been 4 shots ever

The old and never updated APB dB :
http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_NFAS-Ogre_PR2_ArmasJB/

The updated APB DB Maintained by Speed :
http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_NFAS-Ogre_PR2_ArmasJB/

And a recent video by Hei gaming clearly showing 3shots to kill :

As for the change seen on the blog post , all of  them are completely wrong  , i mentioned that none of them made sense in the "mid september update" thread
  Edited by Ketog

SALT 🍔🤬    
  We will need a large metal bin to chuck all the shotguns in. My 38 does better. 

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That is what your father said too.

i wouldn’t know 😞

Just popping in to write this:

Strife gud.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

8 hours ago, neophobia said:

Link.

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

"Damage 55 (from 80). Total Damage 931 (from 858)"

Looks like you need to go over them again, because clearly something is wrong.

Strife is so SO bad. Any other shotgun is still better in every situation.
2:25 - at THAT distance, you should be freakin dead in 2 shots from strife, yet he landed 3 hits in row and u happened to be still alive. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
11 hours ago, neophobia said:

Link.
besides that you can always find the blog where it always was and has been for the past... 8 years
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com

20 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Testing with over 200ms tho?

Alright but what does that change ?

3 hours ago, Rarky said:

What kind of typewritter keyboard are you using my man.

It's a modern gamer thingy 🤭, it's called a mechanical keyboard

2 hours ago, Ketog said:
Alright but what does that change ?

It's a modern gamer thingy 🤭, it's called a mechanical keyboard
And here I thought my Razer Blackwidow was making a lot of noise haha