LYoNX369

People are selling weapons for Paypal

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I'm failing to comprehend how is LO losing money this way? What's the difference if someone is going to pay 20$ for FFA or will buy it for 5mil APB$?? LO doesn't get any profit either way.
To be honest it would be cool if we could sell legendaries and whatnot on steam market.

and maybe selling stuffs on steam market, maybe then LO can get some money from valve... maybe 🤔

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I'm failing to comprehend how is LO losing money this way? What's the difference if someone is going to pay 20$ for FFA or will buy it for 5mil APB$?? LO doesn't get any profit either way.
To be honest it would be cool if we could sell legendaries and whatnot on steam market.

Well they want people to spend money on Jokerboxes why would anyone spend hundreds of dollars on joker boxes to get a weapon if they can get it from a random ingame for like 30$... Thats why we have that rule to prevent that and also they rather have you playing the game for hours in order to get ingame money to buy the weapon from marketplace 

5 hours ago, StunStick said:
This rule is in place because RMT is dangerous. LO can't control people's currency, and there are no logs for the purchase. It can also get LO in real legal trouble, because a LITERAL theft can be performed using their service. 
Also, I'd like to point out that this type of trading can also bring legal troubles to both parties involved in the trade as well. If you earn a substantial amount of money trading items for real currency, and don't pay the applicable taxes or tarrifs, this is a major crime as well.
In addition to this, there are also laws that could be broken if your selling legendaries to minors, as some countries restrict the sale of certain things to minors over the internet.

Disregarding the legal issues, this type of trading is also not good for the wellbeing of the game. The two people involved may be happy, but everyone else will not be if they aren't also willing to give people real money, because they won't be able to find a trade/ingame-sale anymore.

So LO isn't the one being greedy or pathetic, YOU are the one being greedy and pathetic.

Let me ask you this:

Someone who is willing to break the law or negatively effect people's experiences for money

Someone who doesn't want to get sued and wants to protect people who use their product

Which one of those sounds more like greed to you?

A bunch of what ifs and lame "legal" excuses to rob people of their ability to trade something they spent their time and most of the time money to get. If you get scammed its your fault. 

lol @ not being able to find ingame sale.  If they don't have the currency to buy it how they going to buy it other spend hundreds of $$ on a chance to not get it? If you're saying that theres only 1 of an item on the marketplace maybe its the game devs fault for making it painfully hard to obtain the item.  JMB is a corrupt model.  Atleast in PUBG you can sell the crap you get and get some money back. 

I really don't care how you put it G1 followed the crappy gacha trend and people(myself included) got suckered into it. Listen bud try jaywalking sometime maybe you'll grow out of your fear of the legalities.  

31 minutes ago, Signarly said:
A bunch of what ifs and lame "legal" excuses to rob people of their ability to trade something they spent their time and most of the time money to get. If you get scammed its your fault. 

lol @ not being able to find ingame sale.  If they don't have the currency to buy it how they going to buy it other spend hundreds of $$ on a chance to not get it? If you're saying that theres only 1 of an item on the marketplace maybe its the game devs fault for making it painfully hard to obtain the item.  JMB is a corrupt model.  Atleast in PUBG you can sell the crap you get and get some money back. 

I really don't care how you put it G1 followed the crappy gacha trend and people(myself included) got suckered into it. Listen bud try jaywalking sometime maybe you'll grow out of your fear of the legalities.  

Are you really trying to compare Jaywalking with Tax Fraud/Tax Evasion/Theft? Come on man, I know you're not THAT stupid.

I never said I like JMBs, I really don't. I'm not advocating for JMBs because I disagree with RMT, they are completely separate issues.

I just don't agree with commiting a crime or ruining a new players perception of a dying game for $5.00. 

Your acting like this is a victimless crime when it's not.

I'm also not saying this because "I got scammed" My stance on scamming is well known on the forums, and I have never been scammed. If you get scammed for in-game currency that's one thing but scamming for real money is an actual crime, and as I mentioned earlier, LO could probably get in trouble in such a case.

I never said that the lack of weapons to buy is the reason that RMT is a problem. There are plenty of legendaries to go around. The problem is that most of the people SELLING legendary weapons only want real money, which really ruins part of the game. The legendarys are meant to be alternatives to buying things on armas. You get a decent gun for in-game currency, which is good for the game because it provides a high ticket item to spend time working for, and more importantly, spend your in-game currency on. In a game like APB where there are very few money sinks, this is a very good thing to have to keep the in-game currency valuable. 

You can also look at it like this:

If you sell Legendary weapons for real money you are literally doing the same thing that G1 did with the armas marketplace: Keeping content behind a pay-wall for your own profit. Except in G1s case, they do it in order to keep the game running whereas your doing it because you're a greedy prick. 

5 minutes ago, StunStick said:
Are you really trying to compare Jaywalking with Tax Fraud/Tax Evasion/Theft? Come on man, I know you're not THAT stupid.

I never said I like JMBs, I really don't. I'm not advocating for JMBs because I disagree with RMT, they are completely separate issues.

I just don't agree with commiting a crime or ruining a new players perception of a dying game for $5.00. 

I'm also not saying this because "I got scammed" My stance on scamming is well known on the forums, and I have never been scammed. If you get scammed for in-game currency that's one thing but scamming for real money is an actual crime, and as I mentioned earlier, LO could probably get in trouble in such a case.

I never said that the lack of weapons to buy is the reason that RMT is a problem. There are plenty of legendaries to go around. The problem is that most of the people SELLING legendary weapons only want real money, which really ruins part of the game. The legendarys are meant to be alternatives to buying things on armas. You get a decent gun for in-game currency, which is good for the game because it provides a high ticket item to spend time working for, and more importantly, spend your in-game currency on. In a game like APB where there are very few money sinks, this is a very good thing to have to keep the in-game currency valuable. 

If you sell Legendary weapons for real money you are literally doing the same thing that G1 did with the armas marketplace: Keeping content behind a pay-wall for your own profit. Except in G1s case, they do it in order to keep the game running whereas your doing it because you're a greedy prick. 

Tax evasion for selling ingame items rofl. You got an imagination bud. You're making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. Calm down and take some zoloft bro. You don't need to try so hard.
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Signarly said:
10 minutes ago, StunStick said:

Tax evasion for selling ingame items rofl. You got an imagination bud. You're making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. Calm down and take some zoloft bro. You don't need to try so hard.
Yeah, just go ahead and take the least important point of my comment and dissect that point only despite the fact I already stated it was unlikely.

Why don't you read the rest?

On 9/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, Mitne said:

I agree with StunStick.

Every single damn thing (cheating, dethreating, "black outside market") is reaction to playerbase toxicity - simple psychology.
If playerbase would be normal I guarantee that cheating would be minor problem, dethreating wouldn't be worth it and black outside market would be in huge minority (it would exist, people always sell in-game items for real money).
Don't be naive, my friend. APB is APB... not Roblox
You have people running around shooting each other and then add social = APB Toxicity
I love social, but that is why APB is as it is. We have a place we sit around with nothing to do but talk and rib each other.
You know you can disable chat and voip if you choose.
Its an edgy game. Yay!!!

On 9/19/2018 at 11:30 PM, GhosT said:

That's what happens when you add trading systems.

Though, people have been selling weapons for real cash for the past years. It's nothing new.

and lootboxes, Why risk money when you can buy something for sure? Edited by LilyV3

It does not make a difference that players are selling weapons for PayPal money. The company will not make money if players are trading guns for in game currency, so what is the difference? For you to post about this issue is just you trying to be self-righteous and have your name appear on the forums. Yes, we understand it is against ToS, but this does not require a forum post concerning the issue because it is just being repetitive. The only reason companies do not allow people to trade in game items for real life currency is so that they do not want to deal with scams concerning PayPal for it does not fall in their jurisdiction.

1 hour ago, LYoNX369 said:
Don't be naive, my friend. APB is APB... not Roblox
You have people running around shooting each other and then add social = APB Toxicity
I love social, but that is why APB is as it is. We have a place we sit around with nothing to do but talk and rib each other.
You know you can disable chat and voip if you choose.
Its an edgy game. Yay!!!

It's not "edgy" game. Never was. Whole theme of APB is punk.
And being "edgy" doesn't mean being toxic. Just overall dramatic.
  • Like 1

Wonder if they couldn't let us trade weapons for G1C if not a full on Steam trading system. Wouldn't mind either or.  

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

Wonder if they couldn't let us trade weapons for G1C if not a full on Steam trading system. Wouldn't mind either or.  

That pretty much defeats the point of the legendary weapons which is that they are obtainable in-game without spending real money.

Hello everyone,

And thank you for bringing up this important issue. We've acknowledged concerns that this thread and those alike do not get enough attention and we appreciate the feedback. This issue had certainly received needed attention from our team and they are working hard on it. While in progress, we cannot tell you much however, and so we are avoiding publicly placing any information that isn't final. Thank you for your understanding.

• Thanks 2

Hot take for everyone saying LO will lose money if people trade for real world money. . .

. . . those legendaries need to come from somewhere, it's called supply and demand. Do you seriously think that real money trading hasn't given Valve piles of cash because of people opening their shitty CS:GO RNG boxes to get fancy knives to sell? And no, I'm not talking about the community market because plenty of sales go on outside of that. I don't know anything about the legality of any of this, and I'm sure it's a pain in the patootie for support, but real money trading can certainly make loads of money for a company.

Lol, we're talking about the resale of an item, LO doesn't lose money on that. What can happen though, which probably already happened, is that theres an amount the in game currency translates to in terms of real currencies. Of which the price of any in game trade-able item could be based on. If you want to make a proper comparison take a look at what happened to EVE currencies once plex was introduced as a trade-able item. I doubt APB has enough items which are interesting enough to sell so I doubt a real market outside of certain Legendaries being sold will ever come to exist. Legalities only start applying if we are talking about serious amounts for which the bar might be higher than you assume, atleast in most European countries that is the case.

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

WTB nudes.
wait... wrong thread

Is any thread the wrong thread though?

5 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
Is any thread the wrong thread though?
not with these forum mods :^)

People on console sell legendaries for xbox and ps money cards. Never buy a gun with a money card or paypal. If you get scammed you're gonna realize you wasted a giftcard on some no life scammer. Just drain it in the morning on joker boxes. I got luck in the morning. Either way be smart and buy a cheap lifetime gun on sale or account lifetime if you wanna waste money.

Theres a whole fukin marketplace for years already

i Know who half of this people are, they're very popular here so i wouldnt snitch on them if i were you
9oObIj8.png

1 minute ago, vsonyp0wer-xyz said:

they're very popular here so i wouldnt snitch on them if i were you

but you just did
  • Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:
2 minutes ago, vsonyp0wer-xyz said:

but you just did
i didnt say their APB usernames.

1 hour ago, vsonyp0wer-xyz said:

Yeah cuz they might... well... I guess... do nothing?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
Yeah cuz they might... well... I guess... do nothing?

aPB drAMa GuIs AmIRIte?!

This is why we can't have nice things.

Honestly, who cares at this point.  APB has bigger fish to fry.