Darkzero3802

Breast Cancer Limited Weapons

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:
Let's turn it into an event.
Down-size character bewbs (realistically, that's only way to resize bewbs for 95% of all female chars).
Make teams of two with smaller-bewbed chars, enter teams in a bracket tournament with quaterfinals, semis, and final.
Winner wins a lifetime supply of pink percs.

We'll call it:
"The A-Cup Cup"
Will you enter with your character in your profile pic?

2 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

I can imagine a weapon modification that inflicts breast cancer on your target whenever you hit.

No, just no

@LUST wanted to do an event for october and wanted to make it enticing (not only for breast cancer, but charity in general):could be worth the additional bumps as its almost october and we havent heard from her or LO. maybe they have something up their sleeves!

Edited by tennogrineer

1 hour ago, tennogrineer said:
@LUST wanted to do an event for october and wanted to make it enticing (not only for breast cancer, but charity in general):could be worth the additional bumps as its almost october and we havent heard from her or LO. maybe they have something up their sleeves!

Not entirely sure but Lust hasnt been in game so idk

On 9/18/2018 at 11:07 PM, Hexerin said:
The good PR this would generate (especially since the game's under new ownership, start off strong on the right foot and all that) would be a significant positive for the game. Even if it didn't directly bring people back, it would put the game on the radar of many, which makes it easier to bring those people back later.
  As crazy as it sounds, development teams are comprised of many people that have different skillsets. In this case the art devs, who are probably twiddling their thumbs for the most part since the engine upgrade is mostly the realm of the code devs. Making this thread's proposition a reality would push back other new art assets, not core features relevant to the game's rebirth.
Sorry but no real important PR is going to be generated by having a breast cancer awareness gun in the game. A lot of companies do this every year, that are much bigger than LO and APB, and get 0 attention from it.
This game barely gets attention for its insane customization, its going to get nothing from a gun.

Also, different skillsets doesnt mean much when we barely have art devs and im sure theyre busy helping with the engine upgrade as its not just code devs but also UI elements and making other art assets work with 3.5
  • Like 1

B-But halloween.. 😞

All in all, as much as Breast Cancer needs to be cared for, I don't really think that APB is a suitable place for supporting it, don't get me wrong, but seriously I think it would be better to focus on other content related things to help the already so small playerbase for this title.
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:01 AM, Rarky said:

B-But halloween.. 😞

All in all, as much as Breast Cancer needs to be cared for, I don't really think that APB is a suitable place for supporting it, don't get me wrong, but seriously I think it would be better to focus on other content related things to help the already so small playerbase for this title.
Just about anyplace is suitable for helping others in need.

Put all vehicle kits that were made by G1 on sale. They all look like massive tumors.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:15 AM, Clandestine said:

Prostate cancer for which month?

I think that was November something with mustaches or so.
-

on the thread in general, I see why not it's better then some of the forum honk my horn breast cancer stuff from one of the previous years.
It does hit home as well for me since my sister is diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer last month her survival rating is 25%, as long as she lives I have faith that 25% is all she needs to pull through. 

For as much as I understand and feel sorry about breast cancer (I wish the best of lucks @Darkzero3802 ), I don't think requesting to sell event specific weapons for such reasons would be any good. The game community is way too small, and probably LO doesn't have spare resources to donate for the cause, when there are way more important factors about a business model that (lets be honest) is in a constant decline yet to have any safe future.

Also, isn't breast cancer the one which actually does not need extra funds due to being overly advertised everywhere already? I'm quite sure there are way more dangerous types with a much higher death-rate that nobody seems to care about.

Edited by Nessie
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, AsgerLund said:
Let's turn it into an event.
Down-size character bewbs (realistically, that's only way to resize bewbs for 95% of all female chars).
Make teams of two with smaller-bewbed chars, enter teams in a bracket tournament with quaterfinals, semis, and final.
Winner wins a lifetime supply of pink percs.

We'll call it:
"The A-Cup Cup"
What would this percs damage with? Gay power? Edited by Mitne

13 hours ago, Mitne said:
What would this percs damage with? Gay power?
giphy.gif

On 9/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, AlexandraTromp said:
I think that was November something with mustaches or so.
-

on the thread in general, I see why not it's better then some of the forum honk my horn breast cancer stuff from one of the previous years.
It does hit home as well for me since my sister is diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer last month her survival rating is 25%, as long as she lives I have faith that 25% is all she needs to pull through. 

Its a good change of pace from all the negativity in this place too. Do something good insetad of bad.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, Nessie said:

For as much as I understand and feel sorry about breast cancer (I wish the best of lucks @Darkzero3802 ), I don't think requesting to sell event specific weapons for such reasons would be any good. The game community is way too small, and probably LO doesn't have spare resources to donate for the cause, when there are way more important factors about a business model that (lets be honest) is in a constant decline yet to have any safe future.

Also, isn't breast cancer the one which actually does not need extra funds due to being overly advertised everywhere already? I'm quite sure there are way more dangerous types with a much higher death-rate that nobody seems to care about.

It doesnt matter the size if the community it can still be done. And skins should be a simple thing to do that wont take much of any time or resources so I still dont see why it couldnt be done.