It was nice to see and spend time with the Devs and GM's in-game, so thank you for taking the time to do so! 

I noticed there was no thread at least in social for feedback yet so here's one. 

---------------------------------

Open PVP didn't work out too well, it was somewhat enjoyable but definitely nerve wracking trying to figure out if the out of mission guy next to you is going to kill you or not. Luckily this is being addressed.

Gm presence was great to see, though I do agree it would be cool to see them as split between ENF and Crim so that more people get to play against the GM team during events/testing.

Testing:

For testing I only used a few guns during the testing time (shredder pr3 preset with ir3) and strife. So I'll mention my experience with them and opinion.

1. Shredder got a much needed decrease in effectiveness, at least that would be for the base variants, the IR3 (pr3) version which has now only a partial gain in range in comparison to before sadly got hit with the extended rof decrease giving it a roughly 1s ttk for a weapon with ~25m range. The weapon no longer effectively 3 hits as easily, which can be seen as a positive however, that often leaves it severely lacking in most situations in the closer range ranges even against ARs with its now very high ttk. The base variants without ir3, should however be much more balanced than before the changes and won't have the same issue as the pr3. But I cannot give a full review of them as I didn't use them.

Next

2. Strife, I'm unsure what to make of the change I didn't notice too much of a difference, however, it wasn't exactly too strong before imo, especially since it's high ttk kept it in check. So while I'm not against the rework it's not something I feel was needed. The strife itself isn't used very often in general because most other shotguns are better choices in most, if not all situations due to its ttk, so having a high Overkill for it isn't something I'm against.

Didn't get to play around too much with the ar changes, but a test beforehand showed ntec could 7/8 hit at 52m which seems to have the desired effect for AR's. So that's a plus.

Further observations: IR3

Ir3 as a as a mod or even as a preset on shotguns seem to hurt them with very little to no benefit now. Before it was used as a way to improve the weapon with no downside, now that the mod has a downside, any shotguns with it often become worse for little gain due to the rof changes and at most ~4 to 6m average to gain. If you account for spread on shotguns it may not be a very good trade. This difference forces them to lose out against their peers due to ttk differences. The mod at one point being preset made sense. With the new changes I am unsure whether it can holds true for so little to gain with the current downside.

On smgs IR3 has a little better effect, however, most times they aren't effective in reaching and taking out enemies at their max ranges in the first place so it isn't likely going to see much if any use on many smgs if any. Due to losing out in cqc and unable to make use of the extra range.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
Made on phone last night fixed some spelling and grammar

The event was... interesting. 

Not really my thing, but people seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

I dont really see it as having in any way been beneficial from a testing standpoint, but hey... sometimes its nice to just have some fun!

• Like 3

didn’t participate due to work myself, but it’s great to see the staff actively playing the game even though they may not like it the same way the players do (it is their job after all)

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

I had a blast, makes me want a 40v40 full district war with cap and hold points around the map

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

I had a blast, makes me want a 40v40 full district war with cap and hold points around the map

sounds like a..... riot
VXDJTjd.gif
  • Like 1

I didn't participate because i was outside fixing my car radio but i've seen a lot of players that participated that had fun. I want to know, from a testing standpoint, how it helped LO collect enough data to proceed with the re-balancing

17 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I didn't participate because i was outside fixing my car radio but i've seen a lot of players that participated that had fun. I want to know, from a testing standpoint, how it helped LO collect enough data to proceed with the re-balancing

As if they hadnt decided already that prototype A was going live.
Who needs testing anyways amirite?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
As if they hadnt decided already that prototype A was going live.
Who needs testing anyways amirite?
"tada tssss"

And now after it goes live september 19th i'm ready to see the "LO can't do anything right" posts..... wait on it... lmfao

It was likely that those values would be used. But if major complaints were voiced during the session they could be addressed quickly

I liked it. But my feedback would be based on the district type. 
This is way cool in that it is more realistic, but it does hamper missions in that, You gonna get mobbed.
Maybe if there were different kinds of missions, cap the flag ect.
But ill tell ya one thing, the term Open Conflict comes to mind. this is true open conflict. what that other place is for idk. 
Just not effecting your threat level. thats not open conflict, thats Closed Threat Level
n while im here n before my lil meds, 
When ya gonna Trash the current threat system

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

It was likely that those values would be used. But if major complaints were voiced during the session they could be addressed quickly

Im pretty sure major complaints have been voiced since patch 1.

I didn't get a chance to play, work and school didn't give me time.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
5 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Im pretty sure major complaints have been voiced since patch 1.
Weren't most of those complaints taken into account and subsequent changes made? Other than the "oh no, they broke my weapon" complaints of course

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

2. Strife, I'm unsure what to make of the change I didn't notice too much of a difference, however, it wasn't exactly too strong before imo, especially since it's high ttk kept it in check. So while I'm not against the rework it's not something I feel was needed. The strife itself isn't used very often in general because most other shotguns are better choices in most, if not all situations due to its ttk, so having a high Overkill for it isn't something I'm against.

The point of the Strife is to have insane overkill damage - to the point where it 1shots fragile users.

Live version would barely do that only with a perfect hit AFAIK, so it's a good thing for it to get a nice little buff

2 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Weren't most of those complaints taken into account and subsequent changes made? Other than the "oh no, they broke my weapon" complaints of course

If they ignored your complaint here, why would they suddenly listen in game?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
6 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

If they ignored your complaint here, why would they suddenly listen in game?
There's a difference between posting a complaint on the forums and having half the district back up your complaint in front of the CEO. But I get where you're coming from Edited by Kevkof

2 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
There's a difference between posting a complaint on the forums and having half the district back up your complaint in front of the CEO. But I get where you're coming from
Yeah... it was a total patootie kiss fest anyways.
You know how it is when people see the GM tag, or see Matt in game.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Yeah... it was a total patootie kiss fest anyways.
You know how it is when people see the GM tag, or see Matt in game.
A natural reaction, especially since it's a new administration. Most players never seen a GM in-game.

Concerning your complains, try to convey them in a timely way through the appropriate channels.
Pretty sure the devs were experiencing an information overflow. Anyone would be.

Question: Which dev in the office is the better APB player?
Call me a bigot if you want, but balancing weapons requires a good understanding of the gameplay, which usually translate in a higher threat.
  Edited by Talla

3 minutes ago, Talla said:
Question: Which dev in the office is the better APB player?
Call me a bigot if you want, but balancing weapons requires a good gameplay understanding, which usually translate in a higher threat.

I still havent seen Beastie play, but the rest are all pretty terrible at the game.
(for what its worth some have said Beastie is decent)

I've played against beastie, and I BELIEVE that I am half decent at the game, he's pretty good.

I still fel bad for annoyin Kemp, while he was streaming
uwu

Tbh I didn't think anyone was doing missions, the devs were just charging around the dist xD

3 hours ago, Nitronik said:
The point of the Strife is to have insane overkill damage - to the point where it 1shots fragile users.

Live version would barely do that only with a perfect hit AFAIK, so it's a good thing for it to get a nice little buff
except the increased damage makes more pellets so it can't really be said to be a buff, as each pellet does less damage you have to hit more pellets to 1 hit.
3 hours ago, Kevkof said:
There's a difference between posting a complaint on the forums and having half the district back up your complaint in front of the CEO. But I get where you're coming from
Except they said make any suggestions and put them into suggestions on forums

offtopic:
and wth downvoted my OP xD guess shredder wasn't "nerfed" enough for them. Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

IR3 was a mod with no downsides

now it's a downside on it's own.

the new change makes it better for weapons with longer ranges than cqc ones, on cqc weapons it's pretty much just a downside. As they now give 1/2/3 "+" 5/10/15% range. So an AR with the proto A changes will get ~9.75m range increase with 45m range (i think thats how it works) while something with 30m will still get ~7.5m, but cqc weapons don't really benefit from it due to range limitations. (shredder and maybe pmg are the only ones that it boosts significatly in range, however that makes them extremely bad in cqc engagements.) An obeya however will have ~12m range increased, significantly helping it. Edited by Noob_Guardian

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The event was... interesting. 

Not really my thing, but people seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

I dont really see it as having in any way been beneficial from a testing standpoint, but hey... sometimes its nice to just have some fun!

20 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

didn’t participate due to work myself, but it’s great to see the staff actively playing the game even though they may not like it the same way the players do (it is their job after all)

It was chaotic but fun.
Someone ran in front of LixiL and got squished 😄

20 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

I suggested this a million times when they released a fail atempt of Chaos /d or whatever it was. Look at Planetside 2 for example. Huge map with specific POIs where people gather and fight.
  • Like 1