Scarlet

Colby CSG-20 PR1 (uesless) please revamp @Matt

This gun is completely useless now with the changes of improve rifling 3, and this goes to some guns who have IR3 applied to them. 

Can you please remove the improve rifling 3 and give us one empty slot, or revamp the mod for that shotgun and add a new preset mod for shotgun (choke)

Don't see the point in using this shotgun anymore, when the JG no slot does a better job...

or could I get a gun replacement cause it doesn't preform what it use to be. 

Edited by Scarlet
  • Thanks 1

if we could just get open slot versions of any gun that is currently only available as a preset this could be avoided in the future

and if certain guns are unbalanced with open slots, maybe thats a balance problem that should actually be looked at

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

if we could just get open slot versions of any gun that is currently only available as a preset this could be avoided in the future and if certain guns are unbalanced with open slots, maybe thats a balance problem that should actually be looked at

Open slot everything is the dream.

image0.jpg

Edited by Deftonez
nah chief

i mean csg country gent or csg rt is still good to use lol

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

and if certain guns are unbalanced with open slots, maybe thats a balance problem that should actually be looked at

Could you give us some examples besides maybe CJ3 on snipers and long range semi rifles?

There's obviously many purple mods with no downsides like 3PS and Tagger, those are direct upgrades with no downsides for most weapons.
  Edited by xHenryman90x

I had this idea for preslotted weapons, hear me out, what if you could not change or take out mods but simply deactivate and reactivate the mods at your discretion? 😮

Edited by Archon
I always have a typo

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:
Could you give us some examples besides maybe CJ3 on snipers and long range semi rifles?

There's obviously many purple mods with no downsides like 3PS and Tagger, those are direct upgrades with no downsides for most weapons.

not having open slots because it made certain guns (csg and scout iirc) “too good” was a g1 excuse, now that we have different devs who are doing different balancing maybe we can finally get open slots 
  • Like 2

There's nothing wich would make a CSG better apart from 3PS maybe. There's already the TAS 20 with RS3 + Mag Pull and a CSG with Tagger and Mag Pull. So I see no issue to make PR1 an open slotted weapon but we also have the PR2. Maybe keep that extended mag and add 1 open slot

58 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not having open slots because it made certain guns (csg and scout iirc) “too good” was a g1 excuse

Seems like a pretty odd justification when the CSG presets mostly had IR, which was probably one of the best possible mods for it before Little Orbit came in and started making changes...

I'm also pretty disappointed with the change made to improved rifling. I love the STAR 556 'LCR', however both the PR1 and PR2 variants have improved rifling 3, and the change basically just killed their already pretty poor TTK. I would really like to see something about them done, I feel like IR3 will completely fall out of use if this change goes through. the fire rate change is just far too punishing for the gain you get.

I would suggest perhaps one of the following:
Perhaps renaming the mod to "lightweight bullets" or something similar, extend the effective range but then making the damage drop off a lot sharper so that outside of their effective range guns will do a lot less damage.
(alternative wording: Extend the gun's effective range but make dropoff a lot more harsh once it does start)

Perhaps instead of reducing fire rate, increase the recoil of guns making them harder to control at longer ranges if firing rapidly?

Perhaps increase the recoil recovery delay, so that once a shot is fired it takes longer to regain full accuracy? This would allow auto guns to fire at full rate but would keep the weapon focused on slower shots when you want to gain the benefits of IR3.

I hope you can find an alternative solution to just a straight firereate nerf, the current numbers seem like a lot to me.

Edited by Drischa

Just now, Yoss said:
@Drischa The LCR was "buffed" so that IR was the same as before the patch.
Was it? I wasn't aware of this, thanks.
I guess I just haven't played enough of the game.
I wonder how the 'old glory' is now then, with its CJ3 mod.
Wish I had got my hands on that one.

I feel my point about IR3 still stands, the firerate is a big hit to weapons and it could be handled differently.

2 minutes ago, Drischa said:
Was it? I wasn't aware of this, thanks.
I guess I just haven't played enough of the game.
I wonder how the 'old glory' is now then, with its CJ3 mod.
Wish I had got my hands on that one.

I feel my point about IR3 still stands, the firerate is a big hit to weapons and it could be handled differently.
the change is fine for longer range weapons, however it doesnt have much place for closer range ones. There was a suggestion somewhere about a shotgun choke to influence shotguns differently than how IR3 does now, it would be interesting to see that implemented in IR3s place

14 minutes ago, Drischa said:

completely fall out of use if this change goes through. the fire rate change is just far too punishing for the gain you get.

a .7s increase in ttk for like 14m extra range doesn’t seem like that bad of a trade off to me

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
17 minutes ago, Drischa said:

completely fall out of use if this change goes through. the fire rate change is just far too punishing for the gain you get.

a .7s increase in ttk for like 14m extra range doesn’t seem like that bad of a trade off to me
.7s increase is pretty big, ntek kills in ~0.7 seconds iirc.

STAR LCR originally killed in 1.2s, if they had not changed it it would be 1.416s. That's a pretty big increase to me. And the one I see adds 7.5m range.

My main point is that I think the penalty could be handles better than just a straight firerate nerf.

8 minutes ago, Drischa said:
.7s increase is pretty big, ntek kills in ~0.7 seconds iirc.

STAR LCR originally killed in 1.2s, if they had not changed it it would be 1.416s. That's a pretty big increase to me. And the one I see adds 7.5m range.

My main point is that I think the penalty could be handles better than just a straight firerate nerf.
finalized ir3 will be 15% additional range + 3m

i’m not saying it’s perfectly balanced - 1.27s ttk is pushing slightly into sniper rifle times and imo the gun itself just isn’t accurate enough to reliably make use of an extra 14m range - but i’d day it’s far from useless

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
finalized ir3 will be 15% additional range + 3m

i’m not saying it’s perfectly balanced - 1.27s ttk is pushing slightly into sniper rifle times and imo the gun itself just isn’t accurate enough to reliably make use of an extra 14m range - but i’d day it’s far from useless
Again, I don't just mean the LCR, I mean the mod as a whole, on all weapons.

And I don't get where you're getting 1.27s from, I just said that the 18% firerate nerf would bring a 1.2s to 1.416s.

All this IR change did was make me never use IR3. The reduction in TTK makes the weapons useless in their intended role, and the increased range doesn't push them far enough outside their intended role to justify reducing their closer range capability.

4 minutes ago, Drischa said:
Again, I don't just mean the LCR, I mean the mod as a whole, on all weapons.

And I don't get where you're getting 1.27s from, I just said that the 18% firerate nerf would bring a 1.2s to 1.416s.
iirc they lowered the lcr rof so that the ir3 change wouldn’t affect it so much 

if that hasn’t happened yet then i’m just spazzing out rn