MattScott

Play with Devs do over on Jericho 9/17 4pm PT with Matt

Hi all,

My apologies. There was a significant miscommunication inside my team today. Running the event on a Sunday when some of us weren't available created the problem. Selali misunderstood and accidentally directed players to OTW. That was not our intention. However, for those that did join OTW and help, we were able to find a couple last minute bugs. Thank you!

I'm going to call mulligan, and we're going to try this again the way we had planned - except for one change.

This time, I'm going to get on and play too.

So please join me and some other devs on LIVE Jericho in Prototype A at 4pm PT on Monday the 17th. I recognize 4pm on a weekday isn't as ideal as doing this on the weekend. For anyone who can't participate due to the timing, I'm sorry. We're still trying to complete the final test and collect player feedback before the 19th. Since our Admin Tracker has been finicky, I would appreciate the help in getting the word out to other North American players.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Good to know you're having a do over, mistakes happen. Can't wait to try and 8ball a dev, this time for real

Edited by IROCkiller
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xcillent said:

On OTW or Live???

On live this time around

Yea, I just wanted to chime in here with my apologies as well. This was my fault. I understood incorrectly where we would be running the event and gave out bad information that lead to all of this. Im glad we will be able to rerun the event tomorrow and be able to play with the bulk of you who were unable to get into the district on OTW. I know that these kind of things are bound to happen from time to time but just wanted to add in my own personal apology. Thank you all for being understanding.

Selali

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You sorted that out rather quickly. Nice to see after the mess that happened yesterday.

Just now, Selali said:

Yea, I just wanted to chime in here with my apologies as well. This was my fault. I understood incorrectly where we would be running the event and gave out bad information that lead to all of this. Im glad we will be able to rerun the event tomorrow and be able to play with the bulk of you who were unable to get into the district on OTW. I know that these kind of things are bound to happen from time to time but just wanted to add in my own personal apology. Thank you all for being understanding.

Selali

319394576_jakeicon.thumb.png.95801df106d
its cool homie

58 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

My apologies. There was a significant miscommunication inside my team today. Running the event on a Sunday when some of us weren't available created the problem. Selali misunderstood and accidentally directed players to OTW. That was not our intention. However, for those that did join OTW and help, we were able to find a couple last minute bugs. Thank you!

I'm going to call mulligan, and we're going to try this again the way we had planned - except for one change.

So please join me and some other devs on LIVE Jericho in Prototype A at 4pm PT on Monday the 17th. I recognize 4pm on a weekday isn't as ideal as doing this on the weekend. For anyone who can't participate due to the timing, I'm sorry. We're still trying to complete the final test and collect player feedback before the 19th. Since our Admin Tracker has been finicky, I would appreciate the help in getting the word out to other North American players.

Thanks,
Matt

im glad your doing a redo, im sad that i wont be able to play as ill be at work during thoes hours, aww well, good luck to everyone that will try

Many thanks, I am glad I will get to be a part the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Then.... 6pm CST.... sweet, I'll actually be available for an hour or two... if I'm not bombarded with homework assignments. (which, let's be real, is a big probability)

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

we were able to find a couple last minute bugs.

the anubis buff got reverted (by accident, I hope), is that included in the upcoming patch to be fixed?

Yesterday it was funny anways 😄

Edited by iTzBlackout

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Sorry, nvm. Just remove my question, i should have read the entire post :c Edited by SandyBitch

18 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Not too ideal for most people either because that's when people are at work. 

since its almost 5pm here and i am still at work...i am late arn't i?

8 minutes ago, Keshi said:

since its almost 5pm here and i am still at work...i am late arn't i?

I don't believe so? It's only 2pm PT time if I'm not mistaken.

https://time.is/PT

58 minutes ago, Genobee said:
I don't believe so? It's only 2pm PT time if I'm not mistaken.

https://time.is/PT
oh in that case....1more hours to go  !

Thanks for the playtest. Appreciate you spending time to learn the game a little and see how it works out for the players.

As a suggestion, please turn off open pvp. It's a bit of a nightmare to deal with when trying to determine weapon potency in a structured environment when you have joe shmoe, car surfer pro, hunting you down every time you die to spawn kill you again. It also invites players to just sit in spawn areas and either camp inside, or be spawn camped by the dominant side. It doesn't really allow for players to actively test the weapons that need to be tested.

I think this was brought up in the Citadel playtest. I was a bit surprised that this wasn't remedied for this, albeit short notice for this do-over.

Nonetheless, thanks again.

This was fun, we need a district wide cap and hold district. 40v40 asylum type gamemode.

Also why are all the devs and GMs enforcer?

It was a blast, I got run over by Matt, shot in the back by Lixil and killed by Kempington
Fun times

11 minutes ago, Kempington said:

~snip~ ... you have joe shmoe, car surfer pro, hunting you down

Sorry Kemp, it was just a bit of fun >.>

Edited by Archon