Defibrillator

Light machine guns in apb.

While most of the players are concerned about the balance to ntec, oca, hvr and shotties, why are players least bothered about light machine guns?

Pretty much the light machine guns from armas are decent (N SSW, Vas union and the Rabid) But what about the leased guns like shaw556 or alig762?

Alig762 : Considered as an anti vehicle gun, People rarely use this gun, and its mostly used when there is a enemy whos running with the objective. Gets outplayed by smgs in close combat cuz of its slow firing rate and less mobility. Loses to a ntec in medium ranges cuz of less accuracy and I'm not gonna talk about long ranges.

Shaw556 : Its insanely fast, stands a chance against smg's bt not always. Gets outplayed by ntec in medium ranges, not gonna say its bad, bt there is a chance for you to kill the ntec user if you have proper cover. Not gonna talk about long ranges.

Amg medusa : Its faster, its accurate except for the initial few bullets after which the gun gets stabilised. This time is sufficient for a ntec to outplay the medusa, takes time, but its possible to have a 50/50 chance without a cover against a ntec.

Should these guns get a buff? Atleast that would encourage players to try these guns. 

• Like 4

I mained the Surefire Alig for a few years with a nano for cqc. Alig and shaw are totally fine imo. If you buff alig even a smidge it will increase how fast it blows a car up. And I've seen some god damn surgeons with the shaw, in my time.  Some people are just ridiculous with it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

While most of the players are concerned about the balance to ntec, oca, hvr and shotties, why are players least bothered about light machine guns?

Pretty much the light machine guns from armas are decent (N SSW, Vas union and the Rabid) But what about the leased guns like shaw556 or alig762?

Alig762 : Considered as an anti vehicle gun, People rarely use this gun, and its mostly used when there is a enemy whos running with the objective. Gets outplayed by smgs in close combat cuz of its slow firing rate and less mobility. Loses to a ntec in medium ranges cuz of less accuracy and I'm not gonna talk about long ranges.

Shaw556 : Its insanely fast, stands a chance against smg's bt not always. Gets outplayed by ntec in medium ranges, not gonna say its bad, bt there is a chance for you to kill the ntec user if you have proper cover. Not gonna talk about long ranges.

Amg medusa : Its faster, its accurate except for the initial few bullets after which the gun gets stabilised. This time is sufficient for a ntec to outplay the medusa, takes time, but its possible to have a 50/50 chance without a cover against a ntec.

Should these guns get a buff? Atleast that would encourage players to try these guns. 

The ALIG is meant to be AV. It fills that role in a team squad. IMO it should not ALSO be viable as AP as well.

SHAW is a cqc beast, better than both SMGs and shotguns. Asking for it to be just as good outside of that range makes about as much sens to me as asking for shotguns or SMGs to do the same. Its already better than them at range, so IMO its fine.

Medusa already has an insanely fast ttk (.59), PLUS it has a 70m dropoff that thanks to its unique mod it is actually useful at. Absolutely no reason to make this better.

From my perspective, the only LMG that maybe be a little too strong (especially with HB2) is the N-SSW. But again, this is not a gun you see in high level gameplay, so Im not too concerned about it anyways.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BL0SS0M said:

I mained the Surefire Alig for a few years with a nano for cqc. Alig and shaw are totally fine imo. If you buff alig even a smidge it will increase how fast it blows a car up. And I've seen some god damn surgeons with the shaw, in my time.  Some people are just ridiculous with it. 

I can jus say you prety much relied on nano for close ranges and used the alig with proper cover, unless otherwise you'd get smacked hard by every other weapon out there. Not gonna deny that improving its damage might worsen its effect on vehicles. Maybe jus improve its accuracy?
5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
SHAW is a cqc beast, better than both SMGs and shotguns. Asking for it to be just as good outside of that range makes about as much sens to me as asking for shotguns or SMGs to do the same. Its already better than them at range, so IMO its fine.

ok, if this is the case, you'd be prolly seeing a whole lot of shaw 556's in the asylum. Its not gonna win against a smg or shotty always. I hope you arent trolling sayin this XD

Talk about euryale or medusa smth.

17 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:
I can jus say you prety much relied on nano for close ranges and used the alig with proper cover, unless otherwise you'd get smacked hard by every other weapon out there. Not gonna deny that improving its damage might worsen its effect on vehicles. Maybe jus improve its accuracy? ok, if this is the case, you'd be prolly seeing a whole lot of shaw 556's in the asylum. Its not gonna win against a smg or shotty always. I hope you arent trolling sayin this XD

Shotguns beat everything with corners and cover. This is both why you see so many in asylum and is as it should be.
The trade off for the shaw is mobility for range. Its not that SMGs are better, just that they are lower skill. And if youve played apb for long, you should know fight club is all about the path of least resistance. And Asylum especially there is no reason to sacrifice mobility for range as the map simply doesnt require it. 

But in a 1v1 cqc battle, if your shaw loses to an oca, the oca player is just better than you. In a 1v1 shotgun battle without cover, same goes for shotguns. 

tl;dr SHAW is better but requires more skill to balance it

the shaw requires a lot of effort to use properly, and decent aim to take advantage of its low ttk - compared to an oca that you can just pick up and spray while only sacrificing a few tenths of a second on your ttk it’s not surprising the shaw isn’t seen much 

alig it is fine where it’s at imo, everyone i know picks the free alig from the tutorial rewards because it’s so useful to have on hand, what makes the alig “bad” is the way other antivehcle guns (dmr av, issrb, shredder) also excel at antipersonnel combat 

euryale/medusa should honestly be nerfed with proper heavy weapon movement speed, there’s no reason for a $700/joker box gun to essentially be a straight upgrade over the (f2p) shaw 

• Like 2

I have to say, only thing that makes those LMGs feel like theyre out classed is the very odd fact that you have to be perfectly still will firing, making your self such an easy target in a game where mobility is so important. Idk who thought that idea was a good one tbh

Edit: adding onto this, I do really like the ALIG, and with HS3 and careful firing it's decent against players, .72 TTK is not bad

Edited by Archon

I like the idea of Alig getting an accuracy buff, the base accuracy is pretty bad having in mind that you have to:
1-Not move.
2-Crouch.
In order to get a "good" accuracy, you end being an easy target to enemies because you can't move and you can't even hit.

You're not gonna talk about the ALIG at long range? Because it's actually quite good at range...

• Like 3

what need a buff is the rabid.

The rabid shall have a range of 65m, but it's  unusable over 20/25 m...

the frenzy for what I tested It's quite BUGGED, opened a topic here  and send ticket... still waiting for a answer lel

ALIG is more and less good at long range, but  a little little precision buff can be helped..

Edited by PingOVER9000

I think a big problem for the LMGs is that they often require to be crouching to have at least half-way decent accuracy which is a fine balancing mechanic on paper but a lot of areas in APB are littered with waist high cover. This means there's whole sections of the map where LMGs simply can't be used very effectively. I'd love to see LMGs be more accurate when standing but receive a buff to recoil control when crouching.

• Like 1

ALIG is boss and is my AV of choice.

SHAW is fine, it's just one of the few guns that takes skill in the game.

The Medusa is just a legendary AMG, I.E. a worse AMG, but that's kinda' to be expected, as legendaries are often just "meh" gimmicks. That being said, the Medusa is still great.

• Thanks 1

I personally feel like all the LMGs are fine except for the AMG. The AMG is literally a straight upgrade to the SHAW, having almost the exact same TTK as it, being more mobile, firing faster, and being (seemingly) more accurate (I could be wrong about the accuracy, I don't know for sure). This should not be the case. I feel like they need to make it a lot less mobile and maybe tone down a bit of its accuracy, but that's just my opinion.

The only issue with LMGs is that there are no HMGs. I want my 2-man crewed stationary tripod or vehicle mounted area denial weapons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

I personally feel like all the LMGs are fine except for the AMG. The AMG is literally a straight upgrade to the SHAW, having almost the exact same TTK as it, being more mobile, firing faster, and being (seemingly) more accurate (I could be wrong about the accuracy, I don't know for sure). This should not be the case. I feel like they need to make it a lot less mobile and maybe tone down a bit of its accuracy, but that's just my opinion.

All the AMG needs is the same movement penalty as the ALIG and SHAW. As you state, it's basically a slightly superior SHAW. Nerfing the absurd mobility it has would bring it in line.

1 hour ago, Ignas / qsn said:

Alig does full damage in 75m (a.k.a 5 STK) I highly doubt it needs smth.

ALIG's effective range is 70m, you aren't doing full damage at 75m.

Edited by Hexerin

ALIG AV is pretty crazy, the fuck you nerds talkin bout? It is even pretty decent at person killing.

Euryale is a pretty nice all around LMG and in a great spot.

SHAW is hilarious when set up in the right spots and allowed to cover area.

LMGs are fine, just gotta play them in their roles.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

ALIG AV is pretty crazy, the fuck you nerds talkin bout? It is even pretty decent at person killing.

That's the point. The areas and situations in which they excel are a fair bit too limited - effective weapons for sure, but really niche

I'd like to see better marskman movement accuracy all around for them, maybe at cost of a reduced / slow MM speed. Could make mobsling a viable choice for anything that isn't an AMG 556 too

The LMGs are in a very good spot. You have insane damage output (both health and hard damage) at the cost of mobility. 
They do not need a change if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Speedz said:

The LMGs are in a very good spot. You have insane damage output (both health and hard damage) at the cost of mobility. 
They do not need a change if you ask me.

^

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

their role is so niche and tin that hardly anyone uses them. an Alig at best at times, but thats it, becaue it has a role due to the AV ability.

Also, what about the swarm's? have they been chaged lately? their weird horizontal recoil was always pretty bad. Edited by LilyV3