Virgil

Quick Tips

Some of you may not know about these, and some have probably seen them ingame before, aimed for newer players though.

1. You can use a corner at a much tighter angle than you would think. Test ingame to see where you can still shoot past the wall while restricting visibility as much as possible.
2. You can restrict access to your side of the vehicle door to teleport on top of the car or to the other side, this is helpful for rushing people in vehicles as it will throw them off. The range is larger than youd think.
3. You can restrict access to a side of a vehicle door to instantly enter the vehicle.
4. Radar towers also work vertically, significantly so. For instance, you can park it on the first floor of the parking garage and see players on the top.
5. You can place ammoboxes in the back of the single cab truck ingame, making it useful for quite a few things.
6. Car missions such as Mah-Jong money and Repo-Racers will usually rotate a vehicle between several spots, you can reduce that number depending on location.. It is possible to push a vehicle to a certain spot on the map, for an enemy to get in it, for you to blow it up to effectively lock it in that area. The best example is the parking lot on the far east side of financial, next all those alleyways.  This works in inverse. Tired of getting your car to spawn in the same two spots? Drive it away from the objective even, just to allow you more chances to get the vehicle.
6a. you can push vehicular mission objectives around, like burns and stuff.
7. Certain edges of the map, your spawns can be completely removed by enemies. This means one of two things. If you don't have a car spawner, you're going to hate yourself. If you do however, and are fortunate enough to have all your spawns restricted, the game will force you to spawn in that car. That includes if an enemy is right next to your vehicle. If you have a car spawner 800+m away, it will favor that one however, unfortunately.
8. You can place capture items on spray points that are available around the world. This buys you a couple seconds as usually it will keep forcing them to spray the objective instead of picking up the item, and in some cases, they have to actually spray their graffiti to get it.
9. As almost every player knows, objective items drop on the ground. If you see one, you can hold the item instead of the dropoff.
10. If you are able to get to the select few roofs in waterfront that are considerably strong, you can dodge the "out of bounds" message by crouching to reset the timer.
11. There are many guns that have incredibly fast TTS when used with the pig, some you wouldn't expect. For example, 3 shots with the Norseman (a considerably fast firing SMG), and a PIG, is an instant stun.
12. You do not lose accuracy when leaning or spamming crouch. For instance, align yourself on a corner so when you peek you are perfectly exposed to players A,B,C with your OBIR or RFP. You lean left, shoot your burst, and instantly unlean. From their perspective, it is almost impossible to hit you, from yours, they're sitting ducks. Probably used best in conjunction with a riot shield when you get gayed by enemy spawns.
13. To a new player, you will have visible players that you can't hit or damage despite having a red crosshair sometimes, specifically in certain locations. It's just because the wall isn't rendering at that distance.
14. Vegas + NOS + small slope is a good way to reach a lot of locations that are very easily defendable otherwise. Example would be German Roof. Car slings you forever away.
15. You can jump up the backside of a Pioneer. Just putting this here because so many people don't realize this, for some reason.
16. Fastest way to transport a medium item is by dropping, jumping, and picking it back up while going forward, all in the same motion.
17. You can use a friend on top of a railing or ledge, and you at the bottom while carrying a heavy item, and just have him/her try to pick it up while you drop it. It's pretty easy, and can get a heavy item off a railing that would otherwise take minutes to go around, when you can just fall off with it. There are a few cases where you can do this by yourself, but its much more difficult and clunky.
18. HVR still does full damage at close range, just pre-scope in while corner camping and get that easy frag. Don't wait till the last second or try to noscope.
19. As many seem blissfully unaware of this, there are many walls where an enemy's shadow will show up on the opposite side of the wall, instead of where it should. Guns and things also stick through walls. Align yourself accordingly people.
20. The glass double doors around the world, you can sometimes throw grenades/shoot grenades/flares/STUNPGL etc through them if it bounces off the ground right where it intersects with the two doors in the middle. This one is particularly hard to reproduce, but, it should be known, you've probably seen it done to you before.
21. In certain situations on defense, it is wise to be aggressive and push the enemy spawns. The further they die, the further they will spawn. This can actually ruin the game for them, as sometimes you will push them off an 80m spawn into a 200m one that won't get any closer thanks to the HORRIBLE spawn system, resulting in an EZ win. Normally though, itll just slowly push their spawns outwards as long as you are aggressive until it resets back to their original spots when they die there.

i'll add more momentarily.

Edited by Virgil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

get a mouse with side buttons (should be standard in 2018 what are you even doing if you don't have one) and bind one button to switch shoulder camera. Some people don't know this yet.

Press '0' on your keyboard to zoom the camera all the way out, gives you a lot more FOV, though makes shit look smaller when not ADS

don't jump and shoot (talkin bout shotguns), you'll get your butt handed to you

deez r my tipz

Edited by _chain

does it exist autorun in game? 99.9% in game u hold "shift" key for run and don't release this key. Walking is almost never needed.

it's easier for me to press "shift" if i need walk.

Can I edit my posts on this forum?

On 12/27/2018 at 10:42 AM, Icemoon said:

does it exist autorun in game? 99.9% in game u hold "shift" key for run and don't release this key. Walking is almost never needed.

it's easier for me to press "shift" if i need walk.

Can I edit my posts on this forum?

there are configs that allow for this

and yes you hit the edit button

On 12/19/2018 at 10:50 AM, _chain said:

get a mouse with side buttons (should be standard in 2018 what are you even doing if you don't have one) and bind one button to switch shoulder camera. Some people don't know this yet.

Press '0' on your keyboard to zoom the camera all the way out, gives you a lot more FOV, though makes shit look smaller when not ADS

don't jump and shoot (talkin bout shotguns), you'll get your butt handed to you

deez r my tipz

it really doesn't matter what you bind camera swap to as long as you use it and realize its important.

third one also isn't entirely right considering there is a time and a place for it.

nor are these in the spirit of my thread and what it was going for.

Edited by Thaumaturge