Lixil

Play with the devs! (Jericho edition)

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

The devs and testing will be on Prototype A. Those are the values we are looking to move forward with.

So... this is just for fun then?
I mean, if you've already decided, that is.

We are committed to getting feedback. If there is a significant issue brought up, then we will hold pushing it out. I’ll leave that to Beastie.

However, we have an aggressive development schedule to hit by the end of the year. So if the issues are subjective and not major, then I do want to push the Weapon Balance this week.

Also many experienced players have reached out directly to complain about the current weapon balance in Live districts, so I’m keen to get the meta focused back on strategy and not spraying bullets.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, MattScott said:

so I’m keen to get the meta focused back on strategy and not spraying bullets.

That's simply not going to happen without a complete overhaul of the entire system. Hate to break it to you.

11 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

so I’m keen to get the meta focused back on strategy and not spraying bullets.

That's simply not going to happen without a complete overhaul of the entire system. Hate to break it to you.
That is in your opinion. The system has been fine for years, you just disagree with it and thus take an extremely negative and pessimistic stance on it. Hate to break it to you.

If you want to suggest an alternative, perfect. I'm positive Matt is all ears, but being pompus about it is also just a demonstration that you actually don't care about fixing the problem, you only care about being "right", again in your own eyes. Edited by SKay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

woops sorry i thought we locked the shed i dont know how he got out on his own

23 minutes ago, SKay said:
That is in your opinion. The system has been fine for years
Objectively, this game has not been about strategy at any point during it's life under the "Reloaded" moniker. It has always been a low TTK team shooter that features objective-based gameplay, but not strategic gameplay. Deciding whether to throw a grenade or just rush guns blazing isn't strategy, it's just standard twitch shooter gameplay. Strategy requires much more prolonged engagements, that have multiple levels of thought involved and not just snap judgments on the fly.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Strategy requires much more prolonged engagements, that have multiple levels of thought involved and not just snap judgments on the fly.

You can have that quite easily in a 4v4 arranged match with some of the longer missions. Each team deciding who covers which range bracket, who on the enemy team is best dealt with by who, which character/vehicle mods to run and when to use them, etc.

Just because you don't see much strategy in your average match doesn't mean the game cannot have it....

40 minutes ago, SKay said:
If you want to suggest an alternative.
Revert the per ray damage scale of shotguns immediately.
Dont completely ruin the CSG with this asinine new ttk.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
Objectively, this game has not been about strategy at any point during it's life under the "Reloaded" moniker. It has always been a low TTK team shooter that features objective-based gameplay, but not strategic gameplay. Deciding whether to throw a grenade or just rush guns blazing isn't strategy, it's just standard twitch shooter gameplay. Strategy requires much more prolonged engagements, that have multiple levels of thought involved and not just snap judgments on the fly.
honestly it just sounds like you dont play at a very high level lol

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Sorry to break it to you bud but this ain't CS, and it was never meant to be CS.

Also, I highly doubt you ever played arranged matches against actual good players, so let's stay at that.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

However, we have an aggressive development schedule to hit by the end of the year. So if the issues are subjective and not major, then I do want to push the Weapon Balance this week.

RIP

Well I guess all that's left to do is hope there are players left by the time 3.5 rolls around.
I wish you luck.

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
I genuinely have to ask this and I mean this in the kindest of words - what on Earth are you talking about?

If APB had no tactical stragetic thinking, it'd not only have no purpose, it would also have near to no team gameplay. Working within a team is not only a core function of strategy, any decision you make as an individual and/or as a team is a strategic move. Assaulting a target in co-ordination is the height of strategy. Doing a 1v1, and attempting to bait the enemy into making the mistake is quintessential strategic gameplay.

I feel like your argument (or lack thereof) really does speak with this reply you've made, which therefore begs the question:

Why belittle the viewpoint of any one person, and shutting the discussion down while doing so, when you are not versed on the subject matter?

i play because call of duty for pc, and then partly  gta5 online customization 😀

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
RIP

Well I guess all that's left to do is hope there are players left by the time 3.5 rolls around.
I wish you luck.
guess LO only want those "experienced players " that pm them. I was waiting for a significant update and so far broken weapons and extensive bugs. Lost hope.Time to move on forever. RIP APB Reloaded.

50 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
RIP

I wish you luck.
guess LO only want those "experienced players " that pm them. I was waiting for a significant update and so far broken weapons and extensive bugs. Lost hope.Time to move on forever. RIP APB Reloaded.

Who says they're pushing "casual" players away?

There have been major updates since they took over, the weapon rework being one of them. The reason we're behind with everything is the extensive DDoS attacks that Jericho and Citadel suffered from when LO first took over (not their fault).  While I don't agree with all the changes in the weapon updates its still progress to a better game, and what new bugs have they introduced that are game-breaking? 

Finally, I don't care if you stop playing APB forever, but if you're going to make a good bye post of sorts educate yourself before flaming the company over nothing.  Edited by WaterLemons
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WaterLemons said:
I don't agree with all the changes in the weapon updates
1 minute ago, WaterLemons said:
over nothing
I'm not sure these statements are compatible, but I do respect your passion.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I'm not sure these statements are compatible, but I do respect your passion.
I said that looking back at some of the god awful updates G1 put out.

Compared to those, the weapon changes aren't even close to bad to me. I just said I don't agree with some of the changes in that update.

7 minutes ago, WaterLemons said:
I said that looking back at some of the god awful updates G1 put out.

Compared to those, the weapon changes aren't even close to bad to me. I just said I don't agree with some of the changes in that update.
That's a good point.
I cannot argue against that.

3 hours ago, WaterLemons said:

There have been major updates since they took over, the weapon rework being one of them. The reason we're behind with everything is the extensive DDoS attacks that Jericho and Citadel suffered from when LO first took over (not their fault).  While I don't agree with all the changes in the weapon updates its still progress to a better game, and what new bugs have they introduced that are game-breaking? 

Finally, I don't care if you stop playing APB forever, but if you're going to make a good bye post of sorts educate yourself before flaming the company over nothing. 
capture briefcase instantly teleporting to 600m on certain locations , arming bomb points randomly exploding when coming close and getting opposition when 'k' ed up. 

17 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:
3 hours ago, WaterLemons said:

Finally, I don't care if you stop playing APB forever, but if you're going to make a good bye post of sorts educate yourself before flaming the company over nothing. 
capture briefcase instantly teleporting to 600m on certain locations , arming bomb points randomly exploding when coming close and getting opposition when 'k' ed up. 
I actually haven't run into those so far, but it sounds pretty (very) annoying. 

10 hours ago, Nite said:
You can have that quite easily in a 4v4 arranged match with some of the longer missions. Each team deciding who covers which range bracket, who on the enemy team is best dealt with by who, which character/vehicle mods to run and when to use them, etc.

Just because you don't see much strategy in your average match doesn't mean the game cannot have it....
That sounds like a utopia for APB's standards.

The only strategy involved is using the right equipment for the right range niche. And even that isn't handled very well balance-wise, considering the NTEC can shred in CQC, unless people use a shotgun ofcourse.

Anything long ranged is by far most often met with an HVR and in some cases as Scout. Wow. So much thought required right?
That the game can have it doesn't mean the game will have it in the average case. The average case is exactly what should be looked at when discussing a topic like strategy, to determine if the game really is up to par with what is being said.

If you're in a premade ofcourse you can expect some strategy being used, but that doesn't go for people that don't play in premade groups. Maybe think about those too for a second.
"Don't solo queue" is not a counter argument in this case. Edited by Haganu

4 hours ago, The Abominable GMan said:

APB have a discord now?

No. Its still that shitty circle jerk player ran one. Come say hi sometime. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
6 hours ago, The Abominable GMan said:

APB have a discord now?

No. Its still that shitty circle jerk player ran one. Come say hi sometime. 
without a link I can't say hi in any shape or form my friend