NyanPowa

Increase Customization Limit

I would like that a lot. But since it's too simple to do it will probably not happen

I would imagine after the EU, this would be much easier to do. Right now we can't even have 50v50 maps because max customization characters prove to put too much stress on the server. Extending that limit would only make things worse.

Besides, there is so much you can do with the current limit if you just optimize your symbols a little!

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I would imagine after the EU, this would be much easier to do. Right now we can't even have 50v50 maps because max customization characters prove to put too much stress on the server. Extending that limit would only make things worse.

Besides, there is so much you can do with the current limit if you just optimize your symbols a little!

This.  
It if the limit were increased, and everyone started putting more symbols on their characters, server performance would skyrocket downwards. 

I'd rather have higher resolution for our designs...
it's starting to look outdated, and should be increased a little (especially with everything else going to look better after the engine update and at some point UE4)

I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have these small details be just a bit sharper?
Cs7Vmrh.png

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 1

Just now, Snubnose said:

it's starting to look outdated, and should be increased a little (especially with everything else going to look better after the engine update and at some point UE4)

ive heard a few people say vector based symbols would eliminate the pixelation caused by scaling and would be better for performance overall, but idk how correct that is

1 hour ago, Snubnose said:

I'd rather have higher resolution for our designs... it's starting to look outdated, and should be increased a little (especially with everything else going to look better after the engine update and at some point UE4) I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have these small details be just a bit sharper?

There's a very, very good reason for the low resolutions on customizations. That being said, it's something that could be easily fixed with some devwork on the underlying/background systems involved. Wouldn't be an overnight project, but definitely something that they should be keeping in mind with UE4.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
ive heard a few people say vector based symbols would eliminate the pixelation caused by scaling and would be better for performance overall, but idk how correct that is
It's very correct. Vectoring allows for nearly infinite scaling with no loss of quality, while having an essentially insignificant performance impact. No idea if the current systems in this game could be adapted to use it though, it's a whole other beast of a thing.

The customization limit is totally fine for the current resolution. People already create awesome symbols with only 50 layers. Instead of increasing the customization limit we should get a extra option to download high-resolution symbols. People with slow computers or bad internet can keep use the low-resolution symbols.

33 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

There's a very, very good reason for the low resolutions on customizations. That being said, it's something that could be easily fixed with some devwork on the underlying/background systems involved. Wouldn't be an overnight project, but definitely something that they should be keeping in mind with UE4.

I would like to know what is that very, very good reason for the low resolution on customizations?

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
Technically all player-created symbols are vector based. And if they were stored as numeric values and rebuilt client-side, the quality could be entirely dependent on that client's graphics settings.
But they ditched that system for textures distributed by the server for some reason.

I agree, can we get a raise in layers, and or. For premium, Why I cant change my cop lights without premium. 
 I understand that if I want mass layers i need to pay. but if you pay n then premium runs out, they wont let u change anything.
I would like that part changed.  At least to where i can change wheels n lights, without effecting the layer limit. 

15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
15 hours ago, Snubnose said:

They already are vector based, however at some point that have to be rasterized and baked on to the textures. It is the quality of that baking/texture that affects it.