Sign in to follow this  
Dragon

Orange Car Modification (Suspension Jump)

Since this game is most likely going to get additional progression beyond R255 it might be a neat idea to add an activatable car mod which makes your car jump a certain height to get over objectives or other cars. Of course this has to be scaled depending on the car and physics of the car.

• Like 2

this would defeat the purpose of the indestructible poles that exist specifically to stop vehicle access to certain areas

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

this would defeat the purpose of the indestructible poles that exist specifically to stop vehicle access to certain areas

True, but what they could do is place an invisible wall at all the location where you are not supposed to go. This might already be in the game for some locations if I am not wrong

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:
True, but what they could do is place an invisible wall at all the location where you are not supposed to go. This might already be in the game for some locations if I am not wrong
invisible walls stop everything, hence why they arent already being used

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
invisible walls stop everything, hence why they arent already being used
I'm pretty sure with the new engine it is possible to separate vehicle and character collision with the world

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Since this game is most likely going to get additional progression beyond R255 it might be a neat idea to add an activatable car mod which makes your car jump a certain height to get over objectives or other cars. Of course this has to be scaled depending on the car and physics of the car.

bad idea ;o

This totally wouldn't make car gameplay even more prominent. Why not just let us do objectives from our car windows whilst we're at it, slowly turn this game into rocket league.

Did I mention I hate car gameplay?

5 hours ago, Nanometic said:

Did I mention I hate car gameplay?

Then this game might not be for you
7 hours ago, SirEdwin said:
bad idea ;o
Why 😄

I know people like to bad talk everything that is new. People do not like change in any way, but if it is scaled correctly it is just another choice except everyone having nitro most of the time. Be open minded about ideas... And in the end, if it doesn't work or is too OP it can still be removed. We are in the suggestions section, and not in the bad talk section.

It would be a fun and usable mod, and I don't think there's a problem with car accessing areas that's normally blocked off for cars. It doesn't make much sense though, and would make the game even more unserious than it already is. I'd like to keep the game world feeling authentic.

I'm also completely against adding invisible walls, since they make no sense and are just annoying. Just look at how weird it is to drive up the skateboard park ramp and hit some random invisible wall 50m up in the air. If there's a problem with the level design, then that's what should be fixed, and not take the lazy way out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragon said:
 Why 😄
Because it would change the physics of the game and the gameplays ...

4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

don't think there's a problem with car accessing areas that's normally blocked off for cars

this would just make radar tower and carspawner even more useful, something i’m against 

5 hours ago, Dopefish said:

It doesn't make much sense though, and would make the game even more unserious than it already is. I'd like to keep the game world feeling authentic.

Call it Hydraulics, then it'll make sense.

5 hours ago, Dopefish said:

It doesn't make much sense though, and would make the game even more unserious than it already is. I'd like to keep the game world feeling authentic.

I mean could you imagine a player in a nulander pioneer just jumping over a car in front of him
while the idea is nice, i feel like the practical use would make certain situations looks absurd and definitely would not make gameplay appealing to newcomers

Invisible walls is the worst thing that can happen to the game. If invisible walls are forced to the game, something is very wrong. NO. And no, your idea is terrible. Car is not supposed to get everywhere

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor