Aroa Croft

questions about the possible future of the game

On 10/10/2018 at 8:38 AM, Aroa Croft said:

I understand what you say but there are factors that omit radically change the context of what you say:

1 - Currently, without the possibility of being able to divide objects, it is not possible to do "dupe", the only possibility is through lag and not to complete the creation of the object. ( edit: with only two sectors the possibility of lag is nonexistent given the low load of the game and its monsters / missions )

2- Grouping all the people in the first sectors creates illusion (unless you agree on this with me), and while I think this will attract a lot of people who start playing the game (think a bit with logic, you enter a game you see a lot of people and you talk and you can socialize and finally you stay ...... if you do not see anyone you go out ... that's the first impression that for my judgment is everything)

-Let's make a brief reminder, the weapons of dt in those sectors so low has the affix "non-tradeable" and apart they can not be manufactured. All the others are quite similar at those levels and there is a lot of variety.

- Anticheat thing I see it very necessary from my point of view, any game that offers pvp should have it, and the less meenos the best on the market if possible, what is not normal is to have nothing and use the hammer to subjective discretion as gamefirst has done, based on friendships

Sincerely, I see you very pessimistic in what you say. Apart a reset or a new server from scratch has NEVER been done and I see this as a fabulous possibility to resuscitate the game. Since nobody offers other possibilities and only criticizes, I do not see why it should not be taken into consideration.

also since if you look at steamcharts (in the interval of a week for example) you will see how low it is, being less than 50 (I take this as a reference because I have compared it in the game and it matches quite a lot). With this I say that the game is disgusting at present. Your opinion of letting the game die is the same opinion that gamerfirst (that's what they have done) I think that matscott in this aspect is totally opposed to gamersfirst, I see that he is an enthusiastic and professional person in the world of videogames (I base this on what I see as, for example, Q and A with nysek, He has shared the images of a possible graphic engine of the game, he has played the game and we have seen him riding a horse through sector one, he is constantly updating the forums when we all know the mess he has with apb and he has seen the great problem of cheats finally putting the fist on the table and bringing something we have been asking for so many years) I do not know if I'm wrong or not, but matscott has my total confidence, and knowing that he has said from day zero that his priority is apb , I think the maximum we can ask (and it's a lot) is this from a reset or give a new server from scratch 

1 - You assume this is enough. There is no gurantee this wouldn't. There is also the issue of mission balance, mob balance, dropoff rate etc. The first 2 sectors have their own assortment of issues.

2 - You wouldn't get this even if you put everyone in 1 town. Even when FE had 1k players it didn't create the illusion of a busy game due to it's inherent size.

3. DT weapons aren't an issue at these sectors. Resists are low enough any weapon is actually viable.

4. Anticheat is an extra expense on a game with little actual if any income.

Yes it hasn't been done so rather than doing it half assed and wasting this card it should only be done when it's ready. You do not get continuous reuses of these cards. You get to play them once and if it doesn't work out then it's essentially gone. This is what happened with alpha...they played their 'sector 4' card with f2p and a new combat system. The card essentially flopped. The other option is to do what fixing they are planning to do and then do this. That is the optimal scenario. This also eases the frustration that would come from current players and provide a better landscape for reintroducing the game to people.

They have also said there are core technical issues they have to address with FE, and since they seem to have plans based more in the future for FE it's best to wait for that than to do some half-assed gimmick that doesn't address anything.

10 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

1 - You assume this is enough. There is no gurantee this wouldn't. There is also the issue of mission balance, mob balance, dropoff rate etc. The first 2 sectors have their own assortment of issues.

2 - You wouldn't get this even if you put everyone in 1 town. Even when FE had 1k players it didn't create the illusion of a busy game due to it's inherent size.

3. DT weapons aren't an issue at these sectors. Resists are low enough any weapon is actually viable.

4. Anticheat is an extra expense on a game with little actual if any income.

Yes it hasn't been done so rather than doing it half assed and wasting this card it should only be done when it's ready. You do not get continuous reuses of these cards. You get to play them once and if it doesn't work out then it's essentially gone. This is what happened with alpha...they played their 'sector 4' card with f2p and a new combat system. The card essentially flopped. The other option is to do what fixing they are planning to do and then do this. That is the optimal scenario. This also eases the frustration that would come from current players and provide a better landscape for reintroducing the game to people.

They have also said there are core technical issues they have to address with FE, and since they seem to have plans based more in the future for FE it's best to wait for that than to do some half-assed gimmick that doesn't address anything.

1- the balance in everything is well done if only those two maps are playable, if the level cap was 30 and I do not see any complications whatsoever.

2- If the first map had 200 players, the notoriety is clear and the feeling of life too. We've seen it in the past.

3- dt equipment is only available through a specific vendor and there is no way to trade or anything, giving a very special value by launching people to pvp, however the values of these weapons and equipment is very similar to normal, just It is aesthetic and does not give advantages but if it gives an incentive

4- anticheat is very necessary in any game that offers pvp, either bad or good anticheat, because it simply gives something that the game needs, security (without security it is clear that the drama begins)

the game is currently not in decline, but has fallen completely. Having said that, the population has left and does not have any incentive to return, but I believe that many are watching to see what happens. If nothing is done, all that population that remains will be lost in time, although the game has to make those people see the game as something new, and no more of the same. Good graphics with the same story and everything, will not help the game at all given that these advances will be delayed for a long time. What I'm saying is that at least someone is pronouncing and using the test server using these two maps only and see if there is no lag at all. If this were to happen, the crafters and the pve players have a reason more than enough to play it and those who do pvp also given that those first maps give a lot of play.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:42 PM, Aroa Croft said:

1- the balance in everything is well done if only those two maps are playable, if the level cap was 30 and I do not see any complications whatsoever.

2- If the first map had 200 players, the notoriety is clear and the feeling of life too. We've seen it in the past.

3- dt equipment is only available through a specific vendor and there is no way to trade or anything, giving a very special value by launching people to pvp, however the values of these weapons and equipment is very similar to normal, just It is aesthetic and does not give advantages but if it gives an incentive

4- anticheat is very necessary in any game that offers pvp, either bad or good anticheat, because it simply gives something that the game needs, security (without security it is clear that the drama begins)

the game is currently not in decline, but has fallen completely. Having said that, the population has left and does not have any incentive to return, but I believe that many are watching to see what happens. If nothing is done, all that population that remains will be lost in time, although the game has to make those people see the game as something new, and no more of the same. Good graphics with the same story and everything, will not help the game at all given that these advances will be delayed for a long time. What I'm saying is that at least someone is pronouncing and using the test server using these two maps only and see if there is no lag at all. If this were to happen, the crafters and the pve players have a reason more than enough to play it and those who do pvp also given that those first maps give a lot of play.

1 - Have you done any of the pve? Or is your entire experience in those sectors grinding rats? It's all pretty lopsided.

2 - No it wouldn't. Maybe in the capital city and a couple of the valuable towns, but outside that it would still seem barren.

3 - Yes I know but gear is just fine vs dt equips last I checked. Then again I never paid attention to dt gear down here.

4 - Ugh this is entirely dependent upon population size. Yes anti-cheats are valuable but they are not the end all be all and people will still accuse people for any number of things(people still think its some big advantage to macro skill combos in the current system). This will only stem so much and unless it's one that people have high confidence in it won't mean anything.

You actually think just sector 1/2 with no changes beyond a wipe would be appealing? Great sales pitcjh:

"Hey come play 25% of the content guys it's the same as you remember but now you gotta regrind those recipes and mats. Want max ap? Do those 20 min races or do the fetch quest ap missions! Are mission rewards decent yet? Nope. Is it laggy? We hope not! Come on guys this is surely to reinvigorate the game!"

It's far better to put out general status reports and long-term plans periodically to keep people watching it than to try to amputate the games' legs and tell people to have fun.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MICFILLER said:

1 - Have you done any of the pve? Or is your entire experience in those sectors grinding rats? It's all pretty lopsided.

2 - No it wouldn't. Maybe in the capital city and a couple of the valuable towns, but outside that it would still seem barren.

3 - Yes I know but gear is just fine vs dt equips last I checked. Then again I never paid attention to dt gear down here.

4 - Ugh this is entirely dependent upon population size. Yes anti-cheats are valuable but they are not the end all be all and people will still accuse people for any number of things(people still think its some big advantage to macro skill combos in the current system). This will only stem so much and unless it's one that people have high confidence in it won't mean anything.

You actually think just sector 1/2 with no changes beyond a wipe would be appealing? Great sales pitcjh:

"Hey come play 25% of the content guys it's the same as you remember but now you gotta regrind those recipes and mats. Want max ap? Do those 20 min races or do the fetch quest ap missions! Are mission rewards decent yet? Nope. Is it laggy? We hope not! Come on guys this is surely to reinvigorate the game!"

It's far better to put out general status reports and long-term plans periodically to keep people watching it than to try to amputate the games' legs and tell people to have fun.

I have done all the missions from sectors one to three, including the faction missions of two of them and the missions of the villages surrounded with pvp. That said, the game itself is fully adapted to reach level 30 in a very funny way ( sectors 1-2) , and on points ap, have to tell you that missions give ap, events give ap also and the collection of books give ap (no it's just racing cars or motorcycles)

The funniest thing is to see that in these two sectors it is easy to equip with weapons / faction armor, and even I would say that sector 3 gives possibilities being harder to farme faction points but although, the jump that gives fromsector 3 to the current is huge, making it almost impossible to make the 800k faction points (since the system changes radically, there are no missions as if there are sectors 1 and 2 and almost say 3 but much less in this sector).

Look, if you were a new player and you enter, the feeling it gives you is that the game is totally dead, little or much if the capitals are overpopulated change all this. I understand what you say about the anticheat, but in my opinion it is something necessary and essential, the feeling of security should never be lost in a game that pretends to be professional.

I do not know if I have explained myself well, and I do not know how much time I will explain more, I am already tired of trying to help (with ideas I can contribute). The perfect game does not exist, and the graphics matter but they are not everything in my opinion, the history and the faction system is what has not been taken care of from sector 3, although it is perfectly done up to sector 2 (in the sector 3 already begin some bugs like the cadejo). If I could make the decision, I would make new server and resume the game since it has no failures and is known to be perfectly adapted, although these two maps could give more than a year of play and attract a lot of people with it .

Edited by Aroa Croft

On 10/18/2018 at 3:27 AM, Aroa Croft said:

I have done all the missions from sectors one to three, including the faction missions of two of them and the missions of the villages surrounded with pvp. That said, the game itself is fully adapted to reach level 30 in a very funny way ( sectors 1-2) , and on points ap, have to tell you that missions give ap, events give ap also and the collection of books give ap (no it's just racing cars or motorcycles)

The funniest thing is to see that in these two sectors it is easy to equip with weapons / faction armor, and even I would say that sector 3 gives possibilities being harder to farme faction points but although, the jump that gives fromsector 3 to the current is huge, making it almost impossible to make the 800k faction points (since the system changes radically, there are no missions as if there are sectors 1 and 2 and almost say 3 but much less in this sector).

Look, if you were a new player and you enter, the feeling it gives you is that the game is totally dead, little or much if the capitals are overpopulated change all this. I understand what you say about the anticheat, but in my opinion it is something necessary and essential, the feeling of security should never be lost in a game that pretends to be professional.

I do not know if I have explained myself well, and I do not know how much time I will explain more, I am already tired of trying to help (with ideas I can contribute). The perfect game does not exist, and the graphics matter but they are not everything in my opinion, the history and the faction system is what has not been taken care of from sector 3, although it is perfectly done up to sector 2 (in the sector 3 already begin some bugs like the cadejo). If I could make the decision, I would make new server and resume the game since it has no failures and is known to be perfectly adapted, although these two maps could give more than a year of play and attract a lot of people with it .

Fully adapted for it? Are you high? There is no 'fully adapted' path for mission grinding or the like.

Yeah do those sick mission aps. What's that boss? Do a 30 minute back and forth talking quest for 1 ap? Ohh that sounds like just the best. Collection of books? Sweet let's go farm that node for 1/3 of the books that has a 30 minute respawn time with a heavy lean to 1/3 of the books it drops. It may take 24+ hours but it gives what 4 ap or something?(can't remember been years) Ahh events might actually be decent.

So events and 30 minute races. Sick 100 ap grind.

800k faction points are easy. That huge point gain area in deadfall might be useful in this aspect, but hey why bother with that one.

No matter where you are outside a starter town or main town the game will seem dead. Hell pop is typically seen depending on capital cities in games anyways and sorry to say but even if everyone constantly afked in the capital city of your choice it would still seem dead.

You could have the best of the best anti-cheat you will still have people cry foul. Hell look at csgo, which is typically seen as fairly solid for anti-cheat and people still screech like smart monkeys about cheaters.

And I'm saying is you do not want to waste a golden ticket. Once games lose players or fall by the wayside there are not many opportunities for it to reestablish itself or revive. It'd be stupid to hack off a bunch of the game to midlevel and go 'here guys come play again'. The only real improvement you get is a bigger pool of weapons and that's it. All the same issues are still there in spades. Perfectly done up till s2? What drugs are you on? You can run into bugs 5 minutes in.

Curious what is this 'cadejo' bug or is it just a broken mission?

edit to clarify: This game of grab patootie is great and all but we aren't about to agree on this. You want the game to just be shrunk and be thrown up again with advertising for this while they work on it so as to have something(I perceive this as a cash grab...aka what gore was). I disagree because rebooting or relaunching a game can only happen so much and FE is lacking in MANY areas, plus there is the fact I view your idea as a cash grab that would ultimately cause more harm than good(yes even if the first 2 sectors are 'perfect'). I'm not about to agree as from my perspective this would be like the handling of alpha county...the fabled '4th sector' that people talked about and was hinted at since FE's original launch under icarus. It ultimately flopped as a play from them and the main thing that maintained pop at this point was their move to f2p.

Edited by MICFILLER
edit for clarity as this is just going in circles

4 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

You could have the best of the best anti-cheat you will still have people cry foul. Hell look at csgo

You cannot be serious.

15 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

Fully adapted for it? Are you high? There is no 'fully adapted' path for mission grinding or the like.

Yeah do those sick mission aps. What's that boss? Do a 30 minute back and forth talking quest for 1 ap? Ohh that sounds like just the best. Collection of books? Sweet let's go farm that node for 1/3 of the books that has a 30 minute respawn time with a heavy lean to 1/3 of the books it drops. It may take 24+ hours but it gives what 4 ap or something?(can't remember been years) Ahh events might actually be decent.

So events and 30 minute races. Sick 100 ap grind.

800k faction points are easy. That huge point gain area in deadfall might be useful in this aspect, but hey why bother with that one.

No matter where you are outside a starter town or main town the game will seem dead. Hell pop is typically seen depending on capital cities in games anyways and sorry to say but even if everyone constantly afked in the capital city of your choice it would still seem dead.

You could have the best of the best anti-cheat you will still have people cry foul. Hell look at csgo, which is typically seen as fairly solid for anti-cheat and people still screech like smart monkeys about cheaters.

And I'm saying is you do not want to waste a golden ticket. Once games lose players or fall by the wayside there are not many opportunities for it to reestablish itself or revive. It'd be stupid to hack off a bunch of the game to midlevel and go 'here guys come play again'. The only real improvement you get is a bigger pool of weapons and that's it. All the same issues are still there in spades. Perfectly done up till s2? What drugs are you on? You can run into bugs 5 minutes in.

Curious what is this 'cadejo' bug or is it just a broken mission?

edit to clarify: This game of grab patootie is great and all but we aren't about to agree on this. You want the game to just be shrunk and be thrown up again with advertising for this while they work on it so as to have something(I perceive this as a cash grab...aka what gore was). I disagree because rebooting or relaunching a game can only happen so much and FE is lacking in MANY areas, plus there is the fact I view your idea as a cash grab that would ultimately cause more harm than good(yes even if the first 2 sectors are 'perfect'). I'm not about to agree as from my perspective this would be like the handling of alpha county...the fabled '4th sector' that people talked about and was hinted at since FE's original launch under icarus. It ultimately flopped as a play from them and the main thing that maintained pop at this point was their move to f2p.

If the maximum level was 30, the game with two maps would be perfectly adapted, I already checked it, and the bosses exist only that most of you have to find them inside bunkers, but even so it would be very complete with the special unique bosses that come out every certain moment (I would raise this status so that they would show up more easily)

about getting ap, the system of missions, races, special events, makes the game more fun. It gives real disgust to see how in 30 minutes and doing two dome or three dome you get everything in a super easy way. The game needs to go back to what it was in the first two maps, a challenge

on the faction points, I tell you that the best place is alpha zone, and even so they give 50 points for each dead enemy, adding their reappearance and others, I would say that as much you do 4k or 5k every hour (and counting that you have premium and others), now do your accounts to make 800k .... crazy and very aggressive for the mind

about the cadejo I was referring to the event, it is clear that from the third map appear "unfinished lagoons", I think that here is the big problem of the game, perhaps duplicated monsters or know what noses, I think the feeling of survival and The essence of the game starts to get lost in this map

anticheat, I told you that although I do not care that it is the best defense or a potato defense, but at least have something that can work, and not like now that having nothing is like putting a sign saying "come and cheating, nothing happens "

The game does not have any grace, and if we have the "steam charts" to see that most of the veterans have stopped playing, although the new players are not attracted because the game is a complete garbage with the current lag and it offers nothing but "desolation" and offers no illusion. I have proposed this idea, I see that you do not like it and you see it as a way for the company to add funds, but if I tell you that I do not see another solution but to remake the game from scratch, and although the result is going to be similar to what I have proposed.

" Doing nothing leads to nothing, doing something can lead to something "  I just say that, a greeting

On 10/22/2018 at 4:59 PM, Kayleigh Stanway said:

You cannot be serious.

@MICFILLER csgo's anticheat is a joke, more people get overwatchbanned than vac banned, but true thing is they eventually always get caught.

Edited by Kinksta

can we have some opinion from matt or gm for know what direction game can take? or a new " state of game"? plz plz

On 10/27/2018 at 8:19 AM, Aroa Croft said:

can we have some opinion from matt or gm for know what direction game can take? or a new " state of game"? plz plz

They already gave a state of the game. You know they are working on putting FE on a new engine. You don't even play FE as you have stated over and over so how about you stop bugging LO and let them work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dracio said:

They already gave a state of the game. You know they are working on putting FE on a new engine. You don't even play FE as you have stated over and over so how about you stop bugging LO and let them work.

I expected a response from someone who could update the state of the game since they have not updated it for quite some time. I certainly do not think you care much whether I play or not. you should look more at the global, the steam charts for example, which reflect the obvious

https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

On 10/31/2018 at 9:13 PM, Aroa Croft said:

I expected a response from someone who could update the state of the game since they have not updated it for quite some time. I certainly do not think you care much whether I play or not. you should look more at the global, the steam charts for example, which reflect the obvious

https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

I am quite aware of the steam charts and the number of players in FE. A 'state of the game' isn't going to increase player numbers and it will be nothing more than what we have already been told. They are working on putting FE on a new engine. Which takes time Aroa. Stop expecting everything to happen when you click your fingers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dracio said:

I am quite aware of the steam charts and the number of players in FE. A 'state of the game' isn't going to increase player numbers and it will be nothing more than what we have already been told. They are working on putting FE on a new engine. Which takes time Aroa. Stop expecting everything to happen when you click your fingers.

I repeat for the twelfth time, I do not know if you are blind or you are missing a point. Steam charts is a tool to count the number of active players of any game in an approximate to the most real way possible. I repeat is a tool. If we pay attention to the tool the game does not progress but if it gets worse, a new game code does not guarantee that the game will go better if it is more of the same. This is what I am saying. Your words, the words of buffy the vampire hunter, the words of mickey mouse, the words of harry potter ... are worthless, the facts are in the tools, the steam charts, I think you have not seen it well, in serious (click on the left button of the mouse and open to view lol)

On 10/23/2018 at 4:18 AM, Kinksta said:

@MICFILLER csgo's anticheat is a joke, more people get overwatchbanned than vac banned, but true thing is they eventually always get caught.

That's not too surprising I mainly mentioned it due to the fact they had caught some high profile cheaters and had notable banwaves for paid cheats.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:59 AM, Kayleigh Stanway said:

You cannot be serious.

I didn't say it was the best of the best just a 'fairly solid' anti-cheat. As in it's your general anti-cheat which is for 'known' bots rather than the ones which stop general muddling.